PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Reds Game

RyanC119
05-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey all, my family just moved to Cincinnati and I'm meeting them up there Monday. That night, I'm heading to the game - I'm pretty pumped, especially with the Reds playing such good baseball right now.

Anything I need to know/have to see at GABP?

sivman17
05-22-2010, 04:34 PM

A Reds win :beerme:

redsfanmia
05-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey all, my family just moved to Cincinnati and I'm meeting them up there Monday. That night, I'm heading to the game - I'm pretty pumped, especially with the Reds playing such good baseball right now.

It is going to be pretty cool, it is a throw back game so you will not have to put up with all of the extracurricular activities and annoying music.

RyanC119
05-22-2010, 06:30 PM
A win would be awesome! The pirates haven't been too impressive so I'm hoping for a victory for my first trip. Also, I've heard about this throwback game - will the video board/electronic scoreboard be missed? It still sounds pretty cool and like it will be good time :)

mattfeet
05-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Ryan - Nice to see your first few posts! Im actually very familiar with Knoxville area. Went to Carson-Newman for undergrad, fiancée went to UT for grad school. Every time I go down there we always try to make it to BW3's on the strip or Ray's to watch the Reds.

Nice to know of another Reds fan in the Knoxville area!

-Matt

gedred69
05-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Welcome to GABP! It's fun everywhere, but the most rabid fans are in the cheaper seats. Bleachers, View level---not too far out though,--- and the Sun Deck.

redsfanmia
05-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Welcome to GABP! It's fun everywhere, but the most rabid fans are in the cheaper seats. Bleachers, View level---not too far out though,--- and the Sun Deck.

Am I the only one who wants to sit away from "rabid" fans? I want to be left alone and not have to hear from any drunks and or whiny kids, and yes stay off my lawn.

goreds2
05-23-2010, 10:06 AM

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/ballpark_info.jsp

Have fun.... :thumbup:

May 24 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
75th Anniversary of the First Night Game
Special ceremonies and activities to celebrate the birth of night baseball on May 24, 1934, at Crosley Field.

RyanC119
05-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks all! Looking forward to tomorrow night. My seats are a few rows up behind third base so I'll have a great view.

@mattfeet: I'm at UT for undergrad right now, always good to see someone with a Vol connection :)

gilpdawg
05-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Am I the only one who wants to sit away from "rabid" fans? I want to be left alone and not have to hear from any drunks and or whiny kids, and yes stay off my lawn.
My seats are in 528. I don't usually have many drunks or whiny kids around me, luckily, so far this year. At the Civil Rights game I actually spent a lot of time chatting with the dudes in the row behind me. They knew their stuff pretty well. But I'm that kind of guy. I'm the guy who can go to concerts or ball games alone every once in a while because I wind up making friends while I'm there.

So, if you're ever in the ballpark on a Saturday night (because that's when my games are) and walk by 528, look over at Row D for the early 30s, not hugely fat but still a little overweight dude in the Jay Bruce jersey and the goatee and say hey. :D

To the OP, above all else, have FUN! And go to the Reds HOF at least once a year when you're in town. It rocks. I enjoy it immensely.

OGB
05-24-2010, 04:50 AM

Make sure your seat isn't in left field so you have a view of the big scoreboard.

bounty37h
05-24-2010, 11:53 AM

I dont care about the rabid fans-I can handle drunks-its all the dang kids that get on my nerves. I used to have season tix for the Durham Bulls locally, stopped getting them cause every game had Spongebob, Dora or something kids related like that that were too distracting from the game itself.

JB12
05-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Just decided on heading down to Cincy tonight for my third game of the year. Got to see Harang pitch a gem against Chicago not too long ago, hopefully he can come out with a solid start this evening (and give this bullpen some much needed rest).

Just tried to post the link for all of tonight's festivities but was denied. (first post and spamming reasons)

JB12
05-24-2010, 01:09 PM
So here is the link lol
Be sure to check it out, sounds like some cool stuff.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/night_game.jsp

Driver62
05-25-2010, 09:35 AM
I was hoping they'd be wearing throwback uniforms but guess you can't have everything. Anyway, a good win for the Reds.

The Voice of IH
05-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I was surprised at that also, they should had made the players run and change in the middle of the 7th :D

bounty37h
05-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Just decided on heading down to Cincy tonight for my third game of the year. Got to see Harang pitch a gem against Chicago not too long ago, hopefully he can come out with a solid start this evening (and give this bullpen some much needed rest).

Just tried to post the link for all of tonight's festivities but was denied. (first post and spamming reasons)

Alright dude, your now on the record to have to go every time AH talke shte mound the rest of his time in Cincy!!