PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, May 22, 2010 Minor League Updates

mace
05-22-2010, 07:58 PM
With one out in the eighth, Sam Lecure lost his no-hitter on a single to center field. (Didn't want to say anything until now.)

mace
05-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Anyway, Bats lead Scranton-WB, 5-0.

Carolina's scoreless in the third, with Scott Carroll pitching.

Mesoraco has homered (No. 9) but Lynchburg trails 5-2 in the third.

Dayton lost 10-7. Three hits with a HR for Frank Pfister.

mace
05-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Lecure goes the distance for a one-hitter and 5-0 victory. He walked two, fanned five, and threw 67 strikes in 99 pitches. And by the way, Dustin Moseley took the loss. Curtis Granderson was 0 for 4.

HokieRed
05-22-2010, 09:12 PM
At what point do we add LeCure to the list of serious starting prospects?

GOYA
05-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Great game by LeCure. I wasn't watching the gun much but I saw him hit 91 in the 9th.

Kingspoint
05-22-2010, 11:46 PM
At what point do we add LeCure to the list of serious starting prospects?

After three more bad starts by Harang.

Kingspoint
05-22-2010, 11:47 PM
....and Sutton hit again tonight.

It should be days now...

...before he replaces Cairo.

No Louisville hitter is swinging the bat better than Sutton over the last 10 games.

11larkin11
05-23-2010, 05:18 AM
....and Sutton hit again tonight.

It should be days now...

...before he replaces Cairo.

No Louisville hitter is swinging the bat better than Sutton over the last 10 games.

I'd still take Valaika. He's the better prospect and always thought he'd make a
great supersub

lollipopcurve
05-23-2010, 09:45 AM
I really like the way they're playing Sutton -- all over the place. As a switch hitter with good plate discipline who plays lots of positions, he's really going to be a valuable player off the bench for the Reds before long.

PuffyPig
05-23-2010, 10:36 AM
I'd still take Valaika. He's the better prospect and always thought he'd make a
great supersub

Supposedly one of the reasons (maybe the only reason) Cairo is on the roster is that he is th ebackup firstbaseman.

The fact that Sutton is playing first is not lost on me.

I'd rather keep Valaika playing everyday, he still has a shot at being a regular.

mth123
05-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Supposedly one of the reasons (maybe the only reason) Cairo is on the roster is that he is th ebackup firstbaseman.

I'd rather keep Valaika playing everyday, he still has a shot at being a regular.

Agree with this. This year is the time to really find out if Valaika can convert acceptably to 2B and a daily basis.

Sutton's ability to hit from the left side is a better fit on a team with Rolen and Phillips. It would allow the Reds to judiciuosly rest both against RHP while bringing in a player who isn't hopeless against them. Bring in a RHB against a lefty to rest these guys doesn't make sense. Phillips especially should be in there against all LHP and get his rest against RH where he is a much lesser player than his overall numbers suggest. The fact that Sutton can turn around and hit RH when Votto needs a rest is a nice bonus.

GIDP
05-23-2010, 11:02 AM

Give Valaika a 1st basemans glove then. Im sure he could handle it.

PlugALeake
05-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Amazing game by LeCure... He is turning into a legit prospect.

BuckeyeRedleg
05-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Sutton as the utility guy makes too much sense.

I'm not sure how the front office doesn't see it, especially when the alternative is Cairo.

GOYA
05-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Give Valaika a 1st basemans glove then. Im sure he could handle it.

Valaika doesn't have a first baseman's bat. Kevin Barker would have been the guy to back up Votto. But I think he's playing in Mexico.

dougdirt
05-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Valaika doesn't have a first baseman's bat. Kevin Barker would have been the guy to back up Votto. But I think he's playing in Mexico.

And Miguel Cairo does?

GOYA
05-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I didn't say anything about Cairo.

dougdirt
05-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I didn't say anything about Cairo.

Well not directly, but the poster said replace Cairo with Valaika and the only reason Cairo was supposedly on the roster was to back up 1B. Votto isn't missing many games, so Valaika isn't going to need to play 1B hardly ever anyways.

GIDP
05-23-2010, 02:24 PM

Does Cairo?

GIDP
05-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Well not directly, but the poster said replace Cairo with Valaika and the only reason Cairo was supposedly on the roster was to back up 1B. Votto isn't missing many games, so Valaika isn't going to need to play 1B hardly ever anyways.

This is basically correct. If all thats stopping them from bringing up Valaika is that he cant play 1st then give him a glove.

Prior to Nix hot streak I would have said bring up Dorn (after the DL) and Vailaika and drop Nix and Cairo.