PDA

View Full Version : Hello KC

CincyRed44
05-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Is Joakim Soria available? The Reds are in desperate need of his services to close down games, since our supposed "shutdown closer" can no longer get it done. Our faith no longer lies on Coco's right arm.

Kingspoint
05-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Heck of an effort there by Cordero.

Throwing 98 MPH on his 35th pitch to get a called third strike.

GIDP
05-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Id love to get the Mexicutioner but Royals probably arent willing to give him up for what hes probably really worth.

PlugALeake
05-23-2010, 12:22 AM
If we could get Soria and make a playoff run.. Not only would he finally get the credit he deserves (not getting it in KC), but it would solidify our bullpen.

mroby85
05-23-2010, 04:07 AM
I don't think this team is going to be trading for a closer. Cordero is their guy, he's struggled and made things an adventure recently, but thats nothing new to what he's always done. The guy was 39/43 last year, and the season is young, I say you give him a chance to right the ship before making a trade, especially considering we have Arthur Rhodes who has been tremendous and would deserve his shot at it if anyone other than coco gets a shot in my opinion. Also, I think if this team makes a trade it'd be more helpful to trade for a CF that can produce offensively. Stubbs would be fine as a defensive replacement, and a pinch runner off the bench, but he's not getting the job done hitting right around .200, I think that's more of a priority in a trade than a reliever, because this bullpen is experienced, and somewhat proven, I think they'll come around before too long.

Vottomatic
05-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I brought Soria's name up in another thread.

Royals need to rebuild. I'm sure for the right return they'd be willing to part with him.

GIDP
05-23-2010, 10:46 AM
JJ Putz is someone that might be a good fit for the pen. Not as a closer obviously.

The Voice of IH
05-23-2010, 10:57 AM
would Stubbs and DRH be enough to make the deal? maybe another young prospect who is in A or AA? because I would think things even out after that. I would do the deal immediately.

With that said, you got to realize what the Reds have down the road this season. Volqueze is coming back, so either someone in the starting rotation needs to go to the pin (Leake maybe) or he will go to the pin. Chapman will be playing Big League ball if we need him (he will go to the pin) Masset has the talent to become better, Owings is doing great when he gets a chance :rolleyes:, Rhodes is my Favorite pitcher for obvious reasons. and CoCo can not be this terrible(lets hope :eek:) so lets check out our bull pin come August /September

Masset
Owings
Chapman
Rhodes
Volqueze (or other starter)
CoCo
----------------------------------------------------------
and if we don't make the trade that I mentioned
DRH
Lincoln-Fisher (who ever is not sent down for Chapman)
and lets assume that Cairo is let go when Volqueze is back.

Soria makes this Pin one of the Best in Baseball if all partys mentioned above pitch to the talent that God intended them to pitch. I would be in complete favor of adding him, but I also do not see him being the end all be all if we don't add another arm in the bull pin.

GIDP
05-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Trading all that for a reliever is a terrible management of assets. Thats a type of package that gets you a Grady Sizemore.

The Voice of IH
05-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Trading all that for a reliever is a terrible management of assets. Thats a type of package that gets you a Grady Sizemore.

your right, I did not mean to add Frazier in there, he was one of the people I was Thinking about giving up, but instead I went with Stubbs... he should not have been in the original post.

GIDP
05-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Honestly I just dont trade for a reliever. Its a bad fix for someone who will give you so little innings anyways. Gotta find those guys from within if you want to win imo.

Vottomatic
05-23-2010, 11:26 AM
You should be able to get Soria for prospects. And not Alonso.

The Voice of IH
05-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Honestly I just dont trade for a reliever. Its a bad fix for someone who will give you so little innings anyways. Gotta find those guys from within if you want to win imo.
eh, I disagree with that. trading should make a team better. If you need a relief pitcher then you should go get one.

kfm
05-23-2010, 12:35 PM
JJ Putz is someone that might be a good fit for the pen. Not as a closer obviously.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what his contract status is, does anyone know.