PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip to Chicago for Reds vs Cubs in August

Grounds_Crew
05-23-2010, 01:03 PM
I've never been to Wrigley Field, but my g/f and I are planning a trip for the early august series vs the Cubs. It's a weekend series, which works out perfectly. Furthermore, a great friend of mine now lives in downtown Chicago (just around the corner from Harpo Studios - Oprah). So, that means that we won't be out any money to stay in a hotel.

My question for you is this ... what seats do you suggest for Wrigley? I don't want to sit up high, so don't suggest that. Are the lower levels behind the dugout great (I imagine so) ... or should I soak up the experience of sitting in the bleachers? I hear that it gets rowdy out there! :)

What other tips/advice can you offer up? How are the Cubs fans in general? Places to check out around the stadium? Fill me in, please!

Grounds_Crew
05-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Not one reply?

mattfeet
05-23-2010, 05:08 PM
You so silly.

OSUredsFAN
05-23-2010, 06:28 PM
My question for you is this ... what seats do you suggest for Wrigley? I don't want to sit up high, so don't suggest that. Are the lower levels behind the dugout great (I imagine so) ... or should I soak up the experience of sitting in the bleachers? I hear that it gets rowdy out there! :)

What other tips/advice can you offer up? How are the Cubs fans in general? Places to check out around the stadium? Fill me in, please!

Honesty, sitting up high gives you the best view up there. With that being said, when I go, I normally sit down low. But I love sitting up there!
As for the Cub fans, they all suck!

mlh1981
05-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Cincy isn't a far trip, so I'd imagine there will be a fair amount of Reds fans.

Grounds_Crew
05-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Great thread...great feedback.

redsfandoug
05-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I've been to Wrigley Field once. I sat in the lower level on the first base side and really enjoyed it.