PDA

View Full Version : Enerio Del Rosario

Kingspoint
05-25-2010, 04:48 PM
No love for him over at the Old Red Guard. Not a tweet of a mention of him by anyone.

Tried to get a conversation going in the Minor League forum last week, but no love for him there, either.

So, I'm dedicating a thread to him here.

I think he and Carlos Fisher are equal in talent and capabilities. Rookies will struggle for the most part, so the fact that Fisher is struggling is nothing to be concerned about. Young pitchers usually struggle their first 3 seasons, in fact, so it should take a few years for these two pitchers to be consistent throughout a season.

With that said, sometimes a young pitcher starts off really well and I'm hoping that happens with Del Rosario. He's certainly got the capabilities.

A great effort in his first attempt with a K to his only batter.

Del Rosario flew through the minor league system last season with stints at A+, AA and AAA with ERA's in the 1's in ever stop, something he's continued this season.

With 80 innings pitched last season and 114 the year before (15 starts), Rosario has shown that he can be used for 1 or 2 innings in relief if called upon (that's how they used him last season).

I see no reason why Del Rosario won't come right in and perform at a level that enhances our bullpen and earns him a permanent spot on the Major League staff for the rest of the season.

HokieRed
05-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Important numbers for Del Rosario. This year at L'ville: 1.80 GO/AO. Last year overall in his various minor league stops: 3.23 GO/AO. That, together with last night's 92FB and 78 slider, make me think he can be effective, particularly for GABP. All that's left is to see how he handles being in the majors.

dougdirt
05-25-2010, 05:21 PM
He just has silly amounts of movement on his fastball.

icehole3
05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
doesnt he have a sinker?

GOYA
05-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Yes, he does.

I'm not sure if he's quite ready for the bigs but he's close.

KoryMac5
05-25-2010, 06:08 PM
I saw several postings in gamethreads and in the bullpen thread that had folks wanting to see him called up to help stop the bleeding. Lots of stuff to like about this kid he kills lefties and righties and gets tons of groundballs. Great stuff with control what's not to like.

flash
05-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Have to say he has not been on my radar probably due to the fact that he bounced around so much last year as to not really establish himself at any level. His overall stats look quite good except for a stint at Sarasota. Billings is probably just as bad a Denver as far as pitching goes.

He looks good. As far as movement on his fastball goes, did he cross up Hanigan on the K last night. That could be a problem as no catcher in the system has a good take on his stuff yet.

But yeah, he looks real good. I'd say he is ready. I mean, why not?

mdccclxix
05-25-2010, 06:30 PM
If he's confident and throws strikes, he could stick like we've seen Burton, Fisher, Herrera, Leake all do when called upon in recent years. All 5 of these guys have pretty decent movement and had/will have success initially, at least.

Kingspoint
05-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Yes, he does.

I'm not sure if he's quite ready for the bigs but he's close.

Yeah, that's my only concern (because of his rapid rise). But, his increased effectiveness this season forced the REDS to give him a try and see what happens.

GOYA
05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
BTW, it's not Ernerio. It's Enerio. Henry, in English.

Like Aroldis translates to Harold.

Kingspoint
05-25-2010, 07:13 PM

Changed it. Thanks.

And, I just took a year of Spanish. Didn't meet any Henry's, though.

reds44
05-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Changed it. Thanks.

And, I just took a year of Spanish. Didn't meet any Henry's, though.
I'm just calling him Henry from now on.

Will M
05-25-2010, 07:17 PM

but Aroldis Chapman sounds way cooler than Harold Chapman.

HokieRed
05-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Gameday, by the way, had the pitch he got the strike out on, and which passed Hanigan, as a 78 mph slider.

mth123
05-25-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm just calling him Henry from now on.

Henry of the Rosary.

I like this guy as a middle reliever. He and Fisher ,as some one mentioned, are pretty decent book-end GB inducing RH. I'd be happy with both pitching in the 7th inning.

GOYA
05-25-2010, 08:43 PM
If he continues to do well, St. Henry of the Rosary.