PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Harang assigned to AA Carolina???

billy bob
05-26-2010, 11:53 AM
You have to be kidding me!!! Harang assigned to AA Carolina. Someone should be tested for drinking and/or drugs for making this happen!!! Check this out. Last 2 outings in A ball: 5.1 innings, 17 hits, 14 runs, 4 home runs. Overall ERA of 12.46 and you get moved up to AA? Then you have someone like Klinker and Joseph who needs to move up and they just get left behind. Come on guys someone help me understand. PLEASE!

dougdirt
05-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Someone has to throw innings. Joseph is being held back in Dayton to work on a specific pitch with the coach in Dayton.

Doc. Scott
05-26-2010, 03:48 PM
I hate to break this to you, BB, but statistics don't have a huge amount to do with who gets promoted. There are a myriad of other reasons.

billy bob
05-26-2010, 05:04 PM
I see now that statistics has very little to do with anything... one way to get promoted is that DOB

dougdirt
05-26-2010, 08:10 PM
I see now that statistics has very little to do with anything... one way to get promoted is that DOB

Not always. Some guys are 'organizational guys' and they are the guys who get promoted/demoted to fill spots within the organization when an opening is needed and the team doesn't want to promote a legit prospect yet for some reason.

Kingspoint
05-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Not always. Some guys are 'organizational guys' and they are the guys who get promoted/demoted to fill spots within the organization when an opening is needed and the team doesn't want to promote a legit prospect yet for some reason.

Hello, Crash.

redsmetz
05-27-2010, 12:49 PM

I think Doug answered this to some degree, but it's not that stats have "very little to do with anything," it's that stories are more complex than a simple black & white who has the best stats. And, as Doug noted, there are guys that are career minor leaguers who may move up and down rosters and even, at times, make their way to the ML roster for some time or another.