PDA

View Full Version : MiLB.com Changes

nemesis
05-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Just noticed they improved the player pages on MiLB.com

They now make the seasonal totals stand out in bold and put the players stats up at the bottom of the page for the last 5 years. Kinda cool.

Here is an Example...

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=475174

muddie
05-26-2010, 04:50 PM
MiLB is pretty good but I would rather the teams do their own sites. Every year there are fewer and fewer that do.

nemesis
05-26-2010, 05:24 PM
MiLB is pretty good but I would rather the teams do their own sites. Every year there are fewer and fewer that do.

Yeah. You would think with such an emphasis on player development anymore throughout baseball, hyping up your own Minor League talent would be a logical step to get fans more familiarized with them vs Die-hard Junkies like us...

dougdirt
05-26-2010, 07:14 PM

The teams all do their own site, they just operate with mostly a generic MILB design. The teams themselves however are responsible for all content, aside from stats, that goes into the site. It is why some sites are much better than others.

Edit: I mean each team, not each organization.

muddie
05-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Look at the Durham Bulls and the Greensboro Grasshoppers sites and you'll know what I'm talking about. A generic format for the most part, is what you get through MiLB. Agreed, some are better than others within the confines of the MiLB format, but the two examples I've suggested are good examples of what a team can do with their own webmaster.

The Kinston Indians and the Hickory Crawdads abandoned their own stuff and went with the MiLB format in the past year.

dougdirt
05-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Look at the Durham Bulls and the Greensboro Grasshoppers sites and you'll know what I'm talking about. A generic format for the most part, is what you get through MiLB. Agreed, some are better than others within the confines of the MiLB format, but the two examples I've suggested are good examples of what a team can do with their own webmaster.

The Kinston Indians and the Hickory Crawdads abandoned their own stuff and went with the MiLB format in the past year.

MILB is trying to get everyone onto their format. It is only a matter of time before they all have the same layout.

Kingspoint
05-26-2010, 08:32 PM
MILB is trying to get everyone onto their format. It is only a matter of time before they all have the same layout.

Like when "sportsline" got so many organizations to use their format (and content).