PDA

View Full Version : Lincecum got crushed by Nats tonight.

Kingspoint
05-26-2010, 11:34 PM
2nd straight start he's given up at least 5 runs.

REDS gain a game on Giants.

Also, Pujols intentionally walked to load the bases and get to Holiday. Ater a 3-0 count, Holiday watches two fastballs go by and then swings and misses a changeup to end the inning.

Holiday is hitting .182 w/ RISP with 0 homeruns and only 11 RBI's.

Let's just say, he's "choking".

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 08:29 AM
hopefully no one gives him the Heimlich. :devil:

bounty37h
05-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Nice to gain a game on the gints, but I wanna keep ahead of the Cards and not worry about wild card :) Feels nice to even consider it a possibility with June coming next week, how long has it been that we can even hope at this point in the season????

Hanover
05-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Last Year.

sivman17
05-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Last Year.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we had the same record at this point last year. Or, at least before last night's game we did.

ian_madden
05-27-2010, 12:34 PM
But this is a much better team than last year. We won with smoke and mirrors last year. We have great situational hitting, starting pitching and a great club house. We're here for the long haul.

Jr's Boy
05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
But this is a much better team than last year. We won with smoke and mirrors last year. We have great situational hitting, starting pitching and a great club house. We're here for the long haul.

We better start driving in RISP or we won't be for long.

PhillipsHead
05-27-2010, 02:58 PM

We better start driving in RISP or we won't be for long.

WRONG! We're one of the best scoring teams with RISP in the NL, particularly with two outs. The real leak that needs fixing is the bullpen. If we don't straighten out our bullpen, we're in for trouble in the long haul. No contending team can stay consistent without a solid bullpen.

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we had the same record at this point last year. Or, at least before last night's game we did.

This Year:27-20
Last Year: 25-20

bounty37h
05-27-2010, 03:41 PM

We were in first place last year at this time? I don't know about you, but I recognized hopes were shot already last year at this time.

sivman17
05-27-2010, 03:47 PM
This Year:27-20
Last Year: 25-20

Well in terms of games we were 26-20 last year and we were 26-20 this year before winning last night.

We were in first place last year at this time? I don't know about you, but I recognized hopes were shot already last year at this time.

We weren't in first, but STL only had a 1.5 game lead on us. I always thought of July 3 being the point where all hope was lost last year. Maybe I was holding false hope, but we were still above .500, so that kept me optimistic.

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Well in terms of games we were 26-20 last year and we were 26-20 this year before winning last night.

your correct, I was just going by the date. :beerme:

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Nice to gain a game on the gints, but I wanna keep ahead of the Cards and not worry about wild card :) Feels nice to even consider it a possibility with June coming next week, how long has it been that we can even hope at this point in the season????

I want the best record in the NL and be host to the team with the worst record outside the division.

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 05:20 PM
We're one of the best scoring teams with RISP in the NL, particularly with two outs.

Ironically, we're DEAD LAST in the NL in getting runners in from 3rd w/ LESS than two outs.

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 05:21 PM

I think most of the fans feel this way. There should be great attendance at the GABP this summer.

sivman17
05-27-2010, 05:36 PM
I think most of the fans feel this way. There should be great attendance at the GABP this summer.

doesn't mean there will be

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 05:39 PM
I can't Imagine why there Will Not?

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 05:54 PM
REDS fans are educated (at least the ones around Cincy). In years past they weren't being fooled just because they were 26-20. They still saw Willy T leading off and all of the other holes.

They know this year is different. They want to support a winner and they know they have one this year, in spite of Dusty.