PDA

View Full Version : Reds now have best record in NL

rolenmvp
05-29-2010, 01:36 AM
I know its early but, woot woot!!:beerme:

GIDP
05-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Still wont get more than 1 1 minute segment on any ESPN channel. MLB network does a much better job but still it seems like they are never really talking about the Reds either. Its possible that I just always miss it with them though.

rolenmvp
05-29-2010, 01:40 AM
yeah I hear you there. its actually becoming a fun year to be a reds fan. reminds me of the 99 season when everything was going their way until that stupid brewers series..

TheOnlyRedsFan
05-29-2010, 01:47 AM
crazy to think that only the Rays and Yankees have better records and the Yankees are only better by a half game.

mattfeet
05-29-2010, 01:48 AM
WOOHOO!!!!!

Kingspoint
05-29-2010, 07:25 AM
It's going to take winning the Series in St. Louis AND remaining in first place.

You don't get a lot of attention when you whip on the Astros and Pirates.

Kingspoint
05-29-2010, 07:25 AM
:beerme:

Cheers to the REDS, though.

30,000 liked it last night.

Vottomatic
05-29-2010, 08:46 AM
I DJ on the weekends and last night the Reds were a hot topic at the bar. Lots of people really into them this season and talking about going to games. I haven't been yet, but I'm getting ready to support them and buy some tickets. They deserve it.

ian_madden
05-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Were going to "take this town" and "paint the town RED!!!!" Its gonna be a fun summer.

HalMorrisRules
05-29-2010, 11:31 AM
crazy to think that only the Rays and Yankees have better records and the Yankees are only better by a half game.

Its also crazy to look at the NL team batting stats. The Reds lead in runs scored, RBI, HR, AVG, OBP, SLG and OPS. The OPS isnt even close. The Reds are at .798 and the Brewers are next at .781. When you filter the team pitching by the month of May, you get a real sense of what this team is capable of pitching-wise.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/league/nl/sort/OPS/order/true

Vottomatic
05-29-2010, 05:24 PM
The Reds lead all of the major leagues, for the month of May, in batting average (.298), SLG, and OBP.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_team_stats.jsp?c_id=mlb&baseballScope=mlb&statType=1&sitSplit=5&timeSubFrame=2010&groupByTeam=true&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1

lidspinner
05-29-2010, 09:08 PM
if after June we are still in the top 3-5 of those stats, I will then be pumped to the tilt......we have padded those stats against some pretty mediocre teams. Lets see what those stats look like after we go out west for 2 weeks...June is going to be fin to watch. Dodgers, Giants, Mariners, Phillies, Cardinals..

brachial pleXUs
05-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Still wont get more than 1 1 minute segment on any ESPN channel. MLB network does a much better job but still it seems like they are never really talking about the Reds either. Its possible that I just always miss it with them though.

Especially with Halladay's perfect game, and with the Reds playing the Astros.

GIDP
05-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Reds have the 2nd best record in baseball. Bet anyone other than people who visit this board knows that?

Redeye fly
05-30-2010, 12:54 AM
I was stunned that the Yankees lost. I saw that score and they were up 9-3 in the 6th inning.

That's almost a Reds in Atlanta type of collapse and in some ways even though it didn't happen all in one inning, it was a worse collapse. The Yankees were at home and playing a far worse team.

Saw David Huff got hit by a line drive off the bat of A-Rod too. Glad to hear he's alright.

Kingspoint
05-30-2010, 01:38 AM
It's good to be da King!

lidspinner
05-31-2010, 06:05 PM
It's good to be da King!

yep, now get the golf thread going....one of my highlights of the year as far as threads go.

BurgervilleBuck
05-31-2010, 06:11 PM
I've noticed that from time to time with the MLB Network. For instance, there was the game against the Brewers when the Reds won their 10th game at their last at bat. Instead of talking about how scrappy the Reds were in winning the game, the analysts focused on Trevor Hoffman blowing the save.

Since I got DirecTV, which carries MLB Network and NHL Network, I haven't watched ESPN beyond college football games. It's been lovely. :)

Kingspoint
05-31-2010, 06:16 PM
yep, now get the golf thread going....one of my highlights of the year as far as threads go.

Should do it this year, now that we're actually playing under par.