PDA

View Full Version : 5-31-10 Reds @ Cardinals (Votto Out)

Pages : 1 [2]

Vottomatic
05-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah, let's walk a guy to get to their pitcher who has 2 hits on the day.

GIDP
05-31-2010, 07:33 PM
At least we know hes really giving up since Lincoln is coming in with runners on base. No one better in the pen to use than Mike "I wont get you out probably" Lincoln.

sabometrics
I'm like Griffey012 in that I'm usually not quick to jump on Baker, but what just went down with Fisher was a pretty dunder-headed move. I didn't find reason to criticize yesterday's moves (or lack there of according to some on this board), but not pinch-hitting for Fisher is truly puzzling.

Vottomatic
At least we know hes really giving up since Lincoln is coming in with runners on base. No one better in the pen to use than Mike "I wont get you out probably" Lincoln.

Never bring in Lincoln to get out of a jam. He's terrible in those situations. Only bring him in to start a new inning. Everyone knows this.

Kingspoint
05-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Here's the Sun Deck I know and love. One loss and a shaky game against the Cardinals and all of those "Reds" "fans" are throwing in the towel on the season.

When the Reds win this series, don't y'all be too quick to apologize, okay?

I'll never apologize for lambasting Baker, which is all anyone is doing here, and deservedly so.

If a player acted the way Baker has today, he'd be suspended by the REDS for a week.

It's akin to standing at home plate the entire time while watching a drive to the outfield that falls in for what would have been a triple.

Dusty quit on this team. There's no argument to this matter. You're just of the very small minority who are blind to it and can't see it.

Maker_84
I hate Dusty Baker as well, but at the same time the Cardinals are showing us how still they are much more talented than us. I knew the reds would lose this division when they came out of AAAA and only had a 1 game lead. The cardinals may not have played well the last few weeks offensively but they showed just how much starting pitching means in baseball as they give up the fewest runs in the NL. The reds i only hope one day have starting pitching like the Cardinals cause right now it's not even close

Kingspoint

There you go!

brachial pleXUs
05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Guy can hit for a 200 year old Supreme Court justice.

http://drmyers.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/johnjay.jpg

Vottomatic
05-31-2010, 07:36 PM
There you go!

Told ya so. Everyone knows not to pitch Lincoln there except Dusty.

sabometrics
I hate Dusty Baker as well, but at the same time the Cardinals are showing us how still they are much more talented than us. I knew the reds would lose this division when they came out of AAAA and only had a 1 game lead. The cardinals may not have played well the last few weeks offensively but they showed just how much starting pitching means in baseball as they give up the fewest runs in the NL. The reds i only hope one day have starting pitching like the Cardinals cause right now it's not even close

Really? Come on. We're not even 6 innings into this series. Can't believe I'm seeing attitudes like this.

GIDP
You dont pinch hit for Fisher to get him 2 innings of work. You get 1 and 1/3
You then bring in Lincoln who has allowed 29 base runners in 18 innings to get 2 outs.

Odds are exactly what just happens happens.

Vottomatic
05-31-2010, 07:37 PM

Obviously a Cards fan because it's one game. And the Cards pitching hasn't been that great of late anyway.

redsfan_12
05-31-2010, 07:37 PM
this is embarrassing

Kingspoint
05-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Really? Come on. We're not even 6 innings into this series. Can't believe I'm seeing attitudes like this.

But, it's us who can't believe we're seeing attitude's like Baker.

All of us here have good attitudes or we would have gone and done something else after the 3 runs the CARDS got to take a 4-3 lead. We certainly would have left after it was 7-3. But, we all had faith.

It's Baker's lack of faith that we are all utterly appalled by....and so much so, it makes us sick!

Vottomatic
You then bring in Lincoln who has allowed 29 base runners in 18 innings to get 2 outs.

You can't fire a first place manager either, when the club is winning despite him.

BurgervilleBuck
Dusty quit on this team. There's no argument to this matter. You're just of the very small minority who are blind to it and can't see it.
No, I'm a member of the very small minority that doesn't jump off the bandwagon when the team hits a bad patch.

GIDP
Im guessing every hit but 1 has gone past Cairo today.

RedsFanInBama
When I looked at the calendar this morning and saw it was Memorial Day, I thought to myself, "Well, it's been a fun season."

redsfan_12
05-31-2010, 07:39 PM
yay..finally got an out

Kingspoint
No, I'm a member of the very small minority that doesn't jump off the bandwagon when the team hits a bad patch.

You're a member of a small minority all right, but it's not of people who are realistic about Dusty Baker's talents, attitudes and abilities.

It was I and others who predicted a long time ago that the REDS would be 30-21 going into that game. You can't have that kind of insight without being realistic and understanding all of the potential of the REDS.

FlyerFanatic

what bandwagon? this is the reds, havent done jack in 10 yrs. there is no bandwagon fans for the reds.

GIDP

No one is jumping off the bandwagon. If anything we are firmly on the bandwagon. We just arent zombies.

brachial pleXUs
05-31-2010, 07:40 PM
This is making me nostalgic for the days of Elizardo Ramirez and Jon Coutlangus.

Kingspoint

Sutton should have been playing first base all week. Walt designed it that way, but Dusty refused to play Sutton. It had to catch up to him.

BurgervilleBuck
Let the pink hats jump ship. That's okay I hate a crowded bandwagon.

If they lose this game but win the series, we'll see them all jumping back on.

Magdal
05-31-2010, 07:41 PM
This is getting rediculas!

Vottomatic
Pujols was batting .667 against Lincoln with a homer. Pretty much expected that.

GIDP
I hope Lincoln gives up at least 5 more runs so he blows his elbow out.

RedsFanInBama
If they lose this game.

Don't think you have to worry about that.

brachial pleXUs
Radio....Off.

malcontent
Fisher didn't even know how to hold the bat.

Where's that stupid thread about giving Dusty Baker a break?

:)

BurgervilleBuck
what bandwagon? this is the reds, havent done jack in 10 yrs. there is no bandwagon fans for the reds.
For this season, there is.

Vottomatic
05-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Lincoln punching his ticket to the DFA'd line.

brachial pleXUs
05-31-2010, 07:42 PM

Not on Redszone.

RedsFanInBama
05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
I agree, FlyerFanatic. If you're a Reds fan, you are by definition not a bandwagon fan. Hell, I was nine years old when we won the world series. I've put up with a lot of **** since then. We all have.

FlyerFanatic

then the same could be said last year...nobody who is a reds fan at this point is a bandwagon fan.

GIDP
Why does it seem like every run Lincoln and Fisher have given up have been in their 2nd innong of work.

RedsFanInBama
05-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Why does it seem like every run Lincoln and Fisher have given up have been in their 2nd innong of work.

It always happens with Lincoln. I mean almost every time. I can't believe he is still here. I remember when he was on the team in 2008 I was hoping we'd get rid of him, yet he's still here.

Vottomatic
05-31-2010, 07:45 PM
I guess I can keep clamoring for bullpen help, like I have been for 2 weeks. Weak link of the team.

Kingspoint
05-31-2010, 07:45 PM
When your Manager gives up on the team, and it's obvious to everyone (not everyone was born with the ability to see things for as they are I guess), then you play worse collectively as a team. Thus the team allowed another 5 runs. I'll be shocked if they win any game in this series now and expect a losing streak where the REDS lose 7 out of 10 or 8 out of 10, and it's all thanks to Dusty Baker and his giving up on the team in the Top of the 6th Inning today.

Baker just alienated his players.

ILoveWilly
05-31-2010, 07:46 PM
I guess I can keep clamoring for bullpen help, like I have been for 2 weeks. Weak link of the team.

Yup, exactly. We could probably add some solid relief with some decent trades.

RedsFanInBama
05-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Hopefully we'll make a move that doesn't include signing someone like Mike Lincoln to a multi-year deal.

sabometrics
05-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Last weekend begs to differ.

Vottomatic
Hopefully we'll make a move that doesn't include signing someone like Mike Lincoln to a multi-year deal.

I hear they're bringing back David Weathers. :D

brachial pleXUs
Is David Weathers still retired?

Vottomatic
05-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Is Jimmy Haynes retired yet?

Vottomatic
They put a call out for Pedro Borbon.

brachial pleXUs
Whoa--great minds think alike. You beat me to it, Mr. Vottomatic (ironically the name of one of my fantasy teams)

RedsFanInBama
05-31-2010, 07:49 PM
When your Manager gives up on the team, and it's obvious to everyone (not everyone was born with the ability to see things for as they are I guess), then you play worse collectively as a team. Thus the team allowed another 5 runs. I'll be shocked if they win any game in this series now and expect a losing streak where the REDS lose 7 out of 10 or 8 out of 10, and it's all thanks to Dusty Baker and his giving up on the team in the Top of the 6th Inning today.

Baker just alienated his players.
That's premature. Way premature. As bad as some of these guys are, they are on the team and they have to at least try to carry their weight. We can't just let guys sit in the bullpen and keep counting on the same two or three guys every game. If they are here, they have to pitch. Sometimes (or frequently even with some of our guys) that means they're going to get ripped. What are you gonna do? Go into the pen deeper and screw yourself for the next five-six games?

Griffey012
05-31-2010, 07:49 PM
The Fisher move was retarded. But at the point Lincoln was brought it its just a matter of getting through to tomorrow without using anyone of importance from the pen. Let Lincoln finish the game even if he gives up 7 more runs...they will all be irrelevant.

When we lose, we usually like to lose bad, ugly, horribly, etc. So I guess we might as well lose bad,ugly, and horribly, because we have been good at bouncing back from those games.

Vottomatic
05-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Seriously. I think Dusty is showcasing to Bob and Walt what he needs in an unwinnable game............by showing how bad the back end of the bullpen is.

Need to make some trades and improve it.

brachial pleXUs
05-31-2010, 07:51 PM
OMG. HE'S BACK

brachial pleXUs
05-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Does anybody have Joey Hamilton's number?

brachial pleXUs
05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
My radio just went dead silent. I think either it or Louisville's 1450 ESPN Radio is protesting the horribleness of this game.

RedsFanInBama
05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Does anybody know where Marcus McBeth is these days?

Reds
05-31-2010, 07:57 PM
I think we're going to win the game 15-14 in extras. No doubt in my mind.

brachial pleXUs
05-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Does anybody know where Marcus McBeth is these days?

I was just gonna ask about him! I checked online; apparently the answer to your question is "No."

foxfire123
05-31-2010, 08:23 PM
This farkin' just makes me want to cry. It has to be the (*&^^$%^$#^%$*&^*^ Cardinals.... I can handle a loss, even a bad one, to anyone but them.

WHEN is it going to be our turn? or is the proverbial hell going to freeze over first?

Vottomatic
05-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow. We just embarrassed the Cardinals, shutting them down those last couple of innings. :D

foxfire123
05-31-2010, 08:24 PM
I think we're going to win the game 15-14 in extras. No doubt in my mind.

Share whatever you're taking there dude. Or pass the bottle. :(