PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

Redlegs_87
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Lincoln to DL (strained right latissimus dorsi), Fisher to Louisville, recalled Ondrusek and Del Rosario.

Per Reds official twitter account.

malcontent
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Good to see.

captainmorgan07
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Fine with bringing back Del Rosario not so sure about bringing back Ondrusek. Fisher has been awful and Dusty was afraid to use him most days. Lincoln well im not surprised to see him to go the DL.

GIDP
06-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Lincoln to DL (strained right latissimus dorsi), Fisher to Louisville, recalled Ondrusek and Del Rosario.

Per Reds official twitter account.

:laugh:

brachial pleXUs
06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Don't like to hear of a guy getting injured, but I'm inclined to think it was an excuse to get him out of the way.

Otherwise, YouTube - Händel Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU)

gedred69
06-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I was thinking LIncoln had lost any confidence, sounds like he maybe had a reason. (Bray and Burton can't be ready any too soon).

GIDP
06-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Fine with bringing back Del Rosario not so sure about bringing back Ondrusek. Fisher has been awful and Dusty was afraid to use him most days. Lincoln well im not surprised to see him to go the DL.

Its looked like Fisher has been rusty every time out. He has lacked command of his offspeed pitches. I think a little of him not being great to begin with and not having enough work in game situations really caused more problems than were really there.

Quatitos
06-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Ondrusek coming back up is probably a sign they want to give Burton more time. I would imagine, unless he does very well this time up, that Ondrusek will be sent down in a couple of weeks for Burton.

Redlegs_87
06-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Burton has pitched like 5 innings or something like that? Needs a bit more time before being called up. I really liked Del Rosario from the games he pitched in.

Kingspoint
06-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Ondrusek coming back up is probably a sign they want to give Burton more time. I would imagine, unless he does very well this time up, that Ondrusek will be sent down in a couple of weeks for Burton.

I agree. It's an improvement though with Del Rosario over Fisher....only if Duhsty uses him, though.

I hope Del Rosario can bunt because you never know with Duhsty.

Kingspoint
06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Burton has pitched like 5 innings or something like that? Needs a bit more time before being called up. I really liked Del Rosario from the games he pitched in.

But, those are 5 hitless innings with something like 1 Walk, in 5 separate appearances.

He's very, very close.

But, after watching Dusty use Lincoln for 2+ innings in a game, they may want to make sure Burton can go 2 innings in a game before they bring him up and hand him to Duhsty.

Vottomatic
06-01-2010, 04:42 PM
But, those are 5 hitless innings with something like 1 Walk, in 5 separate appearances.

He's very, very close.

But, after watching Dusty use Lincoln for 2+ innings in a game, they may want to make sure Burton can go 2 innings in a game before they bring him up and hand him to Duhsty.

Last time I looked, Burton had pitched 5.0 IP with a 3.60 e.r.a., allowing 5 hits, 2 earned runs, 1 walk and 5 k's.

He needs more time.

texasdave
06-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Its looked like Fisher has been rusty every time out. He has lacked command of his offspeed pitches. I think a little of him not being great to begin with and not having enough work in game situations really caused more problems than were really there.

When the starters are going well the middle relievers are going to get squeezed. It goes from starter to setup to closer. Middle relievers not getting enough work is a good thing from my perspective. Probably not from theirs.

malcontent
06-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I wannabe optimistic about both of these guys.

Both had fine years in 2009.

redsfan_12
06-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Dont like to hear Ondrusek being recalled.. oh well...

captainmorgan07
06-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Anyone else like me wonder if the "side" problem Lincoln has maybe a tad bit over exaggerated or even made up.

1990REDS
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Anyone else like me wonder if the "side" problem Lincoln has maybe a tad bit over exaggerated or even made up.

i was kinda wondering that myself. seems like it would be easier to say a guy makin 2.5 million this year is hurt rather then release him or send him to AAA.

The Voice of IH
06-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Ondrusek can't be any worse then what we have had so far this year in the pin. I am extremely happy to hear all the news. this, combined with seeing that Votto is back in the line up has made this evening a very splendid one indeed :thumbup:

bubbachunk
06-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Ondrusek can't be any worse then what we have had so far this year in the pin. I am extremely happy to hear all the news. this, combined with seeing that Votto is back in the line up has made this evening a very splendid one indeed :thumbup:

He has already been part of the bad the bullpen has displayed this year....

ILoveWilly
06-01-2010, 06:29 PM
We need to make some deals to get some help in there.

The Voice of IH
06-01-2010, 08:36 PM
He has already been part of the bad the bullpen has displayed this year....

two months ago, lets just breath and see what he does now

bubbachunk
06-01-2010, 11:28 PM
two months ago, lets just breath and see what he does now

I would had he put solid numbers when going back down to AAA but instead in 14 games he has a 4.12 ERA and guys were hitting .288 against him.

ILoveWilly
06-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Why not start thinking about taking AAA starters and turning them into pen guys?

Kingspoint
06-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Last time I looked, Burton had pitched 5.0 IP with a 3.60 e.r.a., allowing 5 hits, 2 earned runs, 1 walk and 5 k's.

He needs more time.

Go to his Game logs in the Minor League Baseball site.

I'll get it for you.

I guess it was only 3-2/3 of an inning in 4 appearances that I was looking at.

But, after tonight's effort, his last 5 appearances are 4-2/3 innings w/ 4 Hits, 1 BB, 0 Runs and 1K. I must have been looking at someone else's stats. I was premature based on what I thought I'd seen.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=454537

Kingspoint
06-01-2010, 11:50 PM

Ondrusek struggled the first time he was used this year in the Majors. Here's round two for him.

The Voice of IH
06-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Ondrusek struggled the first time he was used this year in the Majors. Here's round two for him.

yea I know, I meant combined. Ondrusek can't be worse then what he was in round 1. but Lincoln or Fisher was not much better either...

Kingspoint
06-02-2010, 12:13 AM
yea I know, I meant combined. Ondrusek can't be worse then what he was in round 1. but Lincoln or Fisher was not much better either...

Ondrusek really had a good Spring Training.

Lance Berkman said tonight, "There's a difference between being in the Big Leagues and Big Leaguers". Ondrusek needs to prove he's a Big Leaguer.

OGB
06-02-2010, 07:32 AM

It crossed my mind, but after opening day, Lincoln had been pitching well for the majority of the season up until Dusty brought him back out for a 3rd inning when they had the blow up against the Braves. Since then, he's looked like a different pitcher. Not that I'm trying to pass the buck onto Baker for anything. Lincoln has a long injury history and he just may not be able to stay healthy for a baseball season anymore. It's a shame because I like the guy.

BigJohn
06-02-2010, 10:13 AM
*RHP Enerio Del Rosario must stay at Triple-A Louisville before a recall for at least 10 days, by rule, unless there is an injury.

That is what caused Lincolns injury I bet!

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/report/CIN/cincinnati-reds?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

BigJohn
06-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Why not bring Chapman up to pitch long relief and see how he does?

GIDP
06-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Why not bring Chapman up to pitch long relief and see how he does?

Because its like bringing up Yonder to be a pinch hitter to see how he does.

BigJohn
06-02-2010, 01:04 PM
I disagree, you get him work instead of running out the long relief on the team now, there is a big hole there in my opinion! We don't NEED a pinch hitter, we desperately need a middle reliever!

and for the $$$ he is making let's use him.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/cuban_chapman_signs_with_reds_5I3ZXIkp8ST99LxQd2dn 5N

Kingspoint
06-02-2010, 04:55 PM
One reason you don't is because "he still has a long way to go" before he should pitch in the Majors, per Rick Sweet.

BigJohn
06-02-2010, 05:04 PM
You can't teach the 98 mph fastball!