PDA

View Full Version : Applying to the FBI

BuckeyeRed27
06-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Hey all,

I recently applied to be an FBI SA and was selected for Phase I testing. I was curious if anyone has been through the process and could give me any tips/advice?

Thanks in advance.

Blimpie
06-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I have a very good friend who applied for Secret Service duty--but ended up becoming a Federal Marshal.

You can expect that individuals from the darkest corners of your past may be located/contacted so that they may provide the bureau with information about your personal makeup.

This would could include obvious questions (drug use, verfiy accomplishments, etc...) but also delve quite deeply into matters concerning your psychological profile.

Caveat Emperor
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
This would could include obvious questions (drug use, verfiy accomplishments, etc...) but also delve quite deeply into matters concerning your psychological profile.

Expect a polygraph test at some point, and expect that it will concern matters including, but not limited to:

1. Past drug use (even so-called "experimental" drug use in college and other places)
2. Alcohol consumption (focusing on situations of extreme inebriation and / or "black out" drunk status)
3. Past legal history (both criminal and civil)
4. Gambling habits
5. International travel
6. Relatives, aquaintences and co-workers who are not natualized US citizens

RedsManRick
06-03-2010, 05:28 PM
I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

WMR
06-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Are you, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party? ;)

Degenerate39
06-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't have any tips or advice but Good luck! And find something to frame Albert Pujols for.

RedsBaron
06-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I have never applied to the FBI but I do still have my Man From U.N.C.L.E. identification card and badge. ;)

Roy Tucker
06-03-2010, 05:44 PM
I had one of those deep background checks done once. Freaked my friends out completely by getting calls from FBI guys.

Don't hide anything. They'll find out anyhow. As long as its in the past and wasn't too heinous, they forgive a lot. Even I got a triple secret ultra mambo security clearance with my sordid past.

Chip R
06-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Expect a polygraph test at some point, and expect that it will concern matters including, but not limited to:

1. Past drug use (even so-called "experimental" drug use in college and other places)
2. Alcohol consumption (focusing on situations of extreme inebriation and / or "black out" drunk status)
3. Past legal history (both criminal and civil)
4. Gambling habits
5. International travel
6. Relatives, aquaintences and co-workers who are not natualized US citizens

That's a lot of trouble to go through to be a Female Body Inspector. ;)

paintmered
06-03-2010, 08:14 PM
About half of the applicants can't hack the physical training portion of it. Be in shape. Be in really good shape.

Expect to go through an SSBI with a poly. Like Roy said, they are simply looking to verify your past to make sure there's nobody out there who can blackmail you down the road. Be up front about everything, no matter how embarrassing you might think it is.

wolfboy
06-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey all,

I recently applied to be an FBI SA and was selected for Phase I testing. I was curious if anyone has been through the process and could give me any tips/advice?

Thanks in advance.

A good friend was accepted last year. If you want to shoot me a PM, I can contact him to see if he'd be willing to pass along any advice. Best of luck.

Kingspoint
06-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Your neighbors from everyplace you've ever lived will be interviewed, as will your employers and co-workers.

They have always done this for all employees.

It's necessary for the clearance level you'll need.