PDA

View Full Version : 6-4-10 Reds @ Nationals

Pages : 1 [2]

Degenerate39
06-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Put Heisey in left tomorrow.

WebScorpion
06-04-2010, 10:54 PM
You've gotta score more than 2 runs against the Nats...It's as simple as that.

VR
06-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Nix tomorrow?

I thought Nix would have been in there tonight vs. a righty after Gomes was on a 3-16 run.

WebScorpion
06-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh yeah, and Ty Clippard gets the win. 8-3 from the bullpen! :eek:

VR
06-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Nix tomorrow?

I thought Nix would have been in there tonight vs. a righty after Gomes was on a 3-16 run. 4-20 now with 2 big defensive gaffs that resulted in the go ahead runs in losses.

I'd be stunned to see him in there tomorrow.

CrackerJack
06-04-2010, 11:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken the Reds have scored 2 or fewer runs in 7 out of the last 10 games.

Votto was missing for 6 of them I believe, but the last two games with him don't seem to be changing their fortunes much.

They are not losing games because of their starting pitching, and it's a shame they can't do something about that.

VR
06-04-2010, 11:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken the Reds have scored 2 or fewer runs in 7 out of the last 10 games.

Votto was missing for 6 of them I believe, but the last two games with him don't seem to be changing their fortunes much.

They are not losing games because of their starting pitching, and it's a shame they can't do something about that.

12 hits tonight....lots of other hard hit balls.

The ump was atrocious as well....giving Hernandez a Maddux-esque 6 inches on the outside of the dish.

The overall plate approach is so much better this year, I'm not concerned about the lineup at all, except Cabrera at leadoff.

alloverjr
06-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I thought Nix would have been in there tonight vs. a righty after Gomes was on a 3-16 run. 4-20 now with 2 big defensive gaffs that resulted in the go ahead runs in losses.

I'd be stunned to see him in there tomorrow.

I would say that mule's been ridden hard and long enough. Give him a rest. However, Stubbs' defense leaves a lot to be desired as well, specificaaly that flat-footed catch in the 7th in shallow center.

VR
06-04-2010, 11:39 PM
I would say that mule's been ridden hard and long enough. Give him a rest. However, Stubbs' defense leaves a lot to be desired as well, specificaaly that flat-footed catch in the 7th in shallow center.

Mule ananogy is appropriate.

That set up and throw wasn't top notch....but I won't take for granted that fact that he gets to more balls in center than anyone since Eric Davis. Pretty confident the edges will get smoothed out.

forfreelin04
06-05-2010, 02:13 AM

And their atrocious middle relief. Not to mention, during their hot streak they managed to avoid some good starting pitching. I could still see them taking this series though.

_Sir_Charles_
06-05-2010, 12:50 PM

I just got a chance to see that throw in the highlights and it's nowhere close to being as bad as many here were making it out to be. Sure, he could've sat back a bit and taken a running start but he STILL made an excellent throw that would've nailed the runner had it not hit the mound. As for the drop with he and Gomes...Fay's got their explainations up on his blog. Just a mishap due to poor communication. It sucks, but it happens. And it's on BOTH of them IMO.

I know that when it's between two OF'ers then the CF takes charge. But Gomes was parked under it. He clearly had it but he wasn't calling Drew off near the end. And Drew should've been taking charge and either saying you have it or move it!