PDA

View Full Version : Do something Walt!

ILoveWilly
06-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Why is he waiting so long to make a deal for some pen help. Are we going to wait until we're 6 out to do something? Comeon man, we need pen help badly.

texasdave
06-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Put Harang in the pen. He is awful. He has nothing left. 98 pitches 8 hits and a walk in four innings. Sweet.

cbowen2112
06-05-2010, 04:29 AM
This should happen and soon. Harang is good for one inning.

cbowen2112
06-05-2010, 04:34 AM
johnfayman

The power of Twitter: Bray is at Lynchburg and will pitch tomorrow. That from a Twitter who would know. #reds

http://twitter.com/johnfayman

Hope he tears it up. And I mean batters, not his arm. :cool:

texasdave
06-05-2010, 11:26 AM
This should happen and soon. Harang is good for one inning.

I actually think Harang could be a decent one/two inning reliever. Should be able to amp up his pitches a notch knowing he is only going to be tossing an inning or two at a time.

TheBigLebowski
06-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I think it's in Harang's contract that he is only to be used in relief against San Diego.

In all seriousness, we have to get him out of the starting rotation. He's completely useless in that role nowadays.

texasdave
06-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I just saw the replay on the Gomes/Stubbs fiasco and how is that an error on Drew Stubbs? The ball, as far as I can tell, popped in and out of Gomes glove.

nemesis
06-05-2010, 02:16 PM
We should all know by now that Walt has this in hand. If he isn't making a move yet, there is a reason. Either teams aren't willing to give up players this early in the season or asking for way to much in terms of Reds talent to do so.

Keeping in mind the team chemistry has to be considered when bringing in a new player. I get the distinct impression that Walt is trying to wait out Bray and Burton for the next 2 or 3 weeks to see if they bounce back to form and can be the fix to the issue.

Owings
Hererra
Burton
------- (someone else Lincoln, Del Rosario, Harang)
Bray
Rhodes
Massett
Cordero

Also understanding when Volquez and Chapman are ready in about 6 -7 weeks there needs to be spots to shift around the order of things.

AintlifeGrande
06-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Well I know one thing,Harang is no more a true number one Ace.This team needs a true #1 who would give this team confidence in the know that they have a chance for a good win.Rather then being unsure that the current #1 will provide a good outing like Harang is doing.

aceace
06-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Harang is not even close to being a #1. If anyone is a #1 it would be Leake the rest are at best #3's. This team needs a #1 and Harang needs to go to the pen. I can see Chapman coming up soon to take his spot. Obviously Harang will be gone by years end but we need to protect the team from him this year. We need more than a guy who has to throw 90 pitches to get through 4 this will tax our bullpen if this continues. Harang has had maybe 2 good outings this year.

BLEEDS
06-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Why is he waiting so long to make a deal for some pen help. Are we going to wait until we're 6 out to do something? Comeon man, we need pen help badly.

You mean RIGHT after we relinquish first place is when you want to post your official complaint?!?!

I'm sure he's working on something, he always is. Just a matter if things can work out for multiple angles with other teams.
Some times it takes awhile.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

ILoveWilly
06-05-2010, 04:35 PM
You mean RIGHT after we relinquish first place is when you want to post your official complaint?!?!

I'm sure he's working on something, he always is. Just a matter if things can work out for multiple angles with other teams.
Some times it takes awhile.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I said this last week. This is a major problem that isn't going to go away. Sorry, Bill Bray isn't going to come on and magically fix things, nor are call ups and switching guys in and out. We need some veteran, solid as a rock relief pitching. We have decent starters at Triple A, and all but Chapman and maybe Wood should be considered for a trade.

blark11
06-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I just don't think other teams are ready to thrown in the towel yet. Teams just aren't going to give away a quality middle relief arm for nothing in return. The reds are actually going to have to give something up. It's not that easy.

markymark69
06-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm sure Walt is sitting on his hands because he has completely no idea what he is doing.

Calm down, the price is most likely way too high right now and we are only one game out of first place.

I can't wait for Walt to make a move and then have it picked to pieces on Redszone!!!!!!!!

nemesis
06-05-2010, 05:51 PM
We have decent starters at Triple A, and all but Chapman and maybe Wood should be considered for a trade.

Krivsky is that you?

Why in the hell would you even consider trading Chapman or even Wood for that matter for Relief pitching?

Honestly that freaking even beyond stupid to suggest.

Do you realize the last time we did that we got Majewski and Bray as the return?

How do you "know" that Bray can't come in and make a difference? He just turned 27 today of all days.

He has been a effective ML reliever all but his injured 2007.

How do you know we don't trade for some guy who has clubhouse issues or implodes due to GABP factor in July? There are absolutely no guarantees with anyone. I would rather exhaust our in house options before trading away a prospect for a avg reliever. Now as I said in my bullpen post....

Give me Soria and Farnsworth from KC or Zumaya from Detroit, heck even Lee and Kelley from Seattle in a blockbuster, then I'd be all fine for it but not some end of the road or overpaid guy.

lidspinner
06-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Krivsky is that you?

Why in the hell would you even consider trading Chapman or even Wood for that matter for Relief pitching?

Honestly that freaking even beyond stupid to suggest.

Do you realize the last time we did that we got Majewski and Bray as the return?

How do you "know" that Bray can't come in and make a difference? He just turned 27 today of all days.

He has been a effective ML reliever all but his injured 2007.

How do you know we don't trade for some guy who has clubhouse issues or implodes due to GABP factor in July? There are absolutely no guarantees with anyone. I would rather exhaust our in house options before trading away a prospect for a avg reliever. Now as I said in my bullpen post....

Give me Soria and Farnsworth from KC or Zumaya from Detroit, heck even Lee and Kelley from Seattle in a blockbuster, then I'd be all fine for it but not some end of the road or overpaid guy.

all EXCEPT chapman and wood.

vottofan4life
06-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I kinda like the idea with Soria and Farnsworth but maybe we could add David Dejesus to the deal so he can help give Stubbs and Gomes days off which would help a lot..

Cliff Lee and David Aardsma would be a good package to bring in...
Maybe Doumit and Zach Duke/Paul Maholm,
Feliciano and Franceour,
Pierzynski and Putz/Thorton,
Francisco and David Murphy,
Millwood/Guthrie and Luke Scott

Just some packages that might work

nemesis
06-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I kinda like the idea with Soria and Farnsworth but maybe we could add David Dejesus to the deal so he can help give Stubbs and Gomes days off which would help a lot..

Cliff Lee and David Aardsma would be a good package to bring in...
Maybe Doumit and Zach Duke/Paul Maholm,
Feliciano and Franceour,
Pierzynski and Putz/Thorton,
Francisco and David Murphy,
Millwood/Guthrie and Luke Scott

Just some packages that might work

Those are some good packages. Trading within the division isn't really an option in-season. KC has some great offensive players but lacks any starting pitching behind Greinke. Who gets no run support on a pretty good offensive team.

Dusty knows how to use Farnsworth having him in Chicago before and Soria would be nails as a setup guy or even closer on days CoCo is over worked. Gives them flexibility to move CoCo in the off season.

For Soria trade them Heisey or Francisco as a PTBNL, Wood and Maloney. For Farnsworth maybe Jordan Smith, Krebs or Burton.

nemesis
06-05-2010, 08:08 PM
all EXCEPT chapman and wood.

Ok sorry. Musta read that wrong... Whew.

redhat
06-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I just saw the replay on the Gomes/Stubbs fiasco and how is that an error on Drew Stubbs? The ball, as far as I can tell, popped in and out of Gomes glove.
Glad someone else agrees with me. Stubbs was clearly calling for the ball and Gomes should have given way.

I guess Stubbs gets the error because he ran into Gomes about the same time as the ball got there. Shouldn't happen with two guys that have been playing next to each other all season.