PDA

View Full Version : What TV show would you like to see released that's not?

Kingspoint
06-06-2010, 10:20 PM
For example,...

For me, it's the Second Season of "Here Come the Brides". Sony owns it, and for whatever reason, they won't release it, despite high demand and letter writing over the last 4 years.

Will M
06-06-2010, 10:59 PM
As far as American shows go the only one I can think of is Relic Hunter starring Tia Carrere. I saw some epidodes here & there but missed most of them. Channel 19 used to show this at ~1am. this was back in the day prior to DVRs.

I am a big fan of classic manga & anime. Lots of early anime never made it to dvd. i saw a lot of it on laser disk back in the day. several of the classic giant robot & space mecha shows from the 1970s are absent on dvd. Mazinger Z comes to mind. also i'd love to see the original Cutey Honey anime from the 1970s. Cats Eye was a 1980s anime about three girls who were cat burglars & the cop who tried to catch them. Dirty Pair was a GREAT goofy 1980s anime. Only the later part of the series made it to dvd. Future Boy Conan was done by Hayo Myazaki (Spirited Away, Totoro & many others) in the 1970s. there are many many others. most of the anime on dvd is post 1990 which IMO is past the 'golden age' of anime.

GAC
06-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Maybe some of the below are, but I haven't seen them anywhere. But older shows like.....

The Invaders (Thinnes)
Mission Impossible
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
Time Tunnel
Hawaii 5-0
Kojak

KittyDuran
06-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
I saw this somewhere because I mentioned it to my mom a few months ago - I want to say it was at Sam's...

Hap
06-07-2010, 09:17 AM
The Jackie Thomas Show (tom arnold played an unfunny comedian who only became famous after marrying someone rich and famous)

Diff'rent Strokes (so far only seasons 1 and 2 are available)

savafan
06-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Voyagers

vaticanplum
06-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I own all of 0 TV series on DVD, but I do think it's criminal that The Wonder Years has never been released. As I understand it it's a music rights issue. I think the producers can't get the rights to all the songs they used in the show at the time and they refuse to redo them. I respect that, but it makes me sad and I wish they could get it settled somehow. Such a great show and I'd really enjoy seeing it through adult eyes this time.

Will M
06-07-2010, 01:01 PM
I own all of 0 TV series on DVD, but I do think it's criminal that The Wonder Years has never been released. As I understand it it's a music rights issue. I think the producers can't get the rights to all the songs they used in the show at the time and they refuse to redo them. I respect that, but it makes me sad and I wish they could get it settled somehow. Such a great show and I'd really enjoy seeing it through adult eyes this time.

they can get the rights for the music. however, it would just cost them so much money that it wouldn't be viable to put the series out on dvd. i understand the Drew Carrey Show has the same problem.

Chip R
06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
they can get the rights for the music. however, it would just cost them so much money that it wouldn't be viable to put the series out on dvd. i understand the Drew Carrey Show has the same problem.

So did WKRP.

Hap
06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Voyagers

AMAZON LINK (http://www.amazon.com/Voyagers-Complete-Meeno-Peluce/dp/B000PFUAN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275931791&sr=1-1)

very good show and very educational for children

Meeno's crying in each episode does become tiresome, however.

Falls City Beer
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
AMAZON LINK (http://www.amazon.com/Voyagers-Complete-Meeno-Peluce/dp/B000PFUAN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275931791&sr=1-1)

I wonder how many of the 972 minutes of Voyagers was taken up with Master Peluce's weeping.

westofyou
06-07-2010, 01:44 PM

Freaks and Geeks beat it, beavis and butthead can't

minus5
06-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I woul dlove to see Fernwood 2nite and America 2nite with Martin Mull and Fred Willard released. Oh and Mad Movies with The LA Connection...and Boris Karolff Presents: Thriller.

savafan
06-07-2010, 01:58 PM

Wow, had no idea it was available! Thanks!

Caveat Emperor
06-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Freaks and Geeks beat it, beavis and butthead can't

Which is annoying, because as I've gotten older, the "music videos" part of Beavis & Butthead has become a lot funnier and the cartoon itself has lost almost all humor value.

redsfan1966
06-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Not one i really care about, but I have heard a lot of clamor for the Batman TV series from the 1960s with Adam West, Burt Ward, etc...

GAC
06-11-2010, 04:32 AM
I'd like to find some of the old 60's Saturday morning cartoon shows from the 60's. Especially the mid-60s when, for a few years, they had all the super-hero ones. Would love to find the Fantastic Four (not that silly newer one).

RedsBaron
06-11-2010, 06:49 AM

The Wonder Years was the first show I thought of when I saw this thread. I'll buy Wonder Years DVDs in a heartbeat if they ever become available. I understand that it is the music rights issue keeping it from being released.

I wish more seasons of Newhart would be released. The first season, which was probably its least accomplished, has been out for several years, and I bought it, but the other, better, seasons have never been released. I've seen that scenario repeated again and again. Often a TV show doesn't hit its stride until the second or third season, and therefore the later seasons are the ones fans really want, only to have only the initial season be released on DVD.

cumberlandreds
06-11-2010, 08:03 AM
The Wonder Years was the first show I thought of when I saw this thread. I'll buy Wonder Years DVDs in a heartbeat if they ever become available. I understand that it is the music rights issue keeping it from being released.

I wish more seasons of Newhart would be released. The first season, which was probably its least accomplished, has been out for several years, and I bought it, but the other, better, seasons have never been released. I've seen that scenario repeated again and again. Often a TV show doesn't hit its stride until the second or third season, and therefore the later seasons are the ones fans really want, only to have only the initial season be released on DVD.

Yes Newhart should be released. It was much better after it moved to CBS.

Kingspoint
06-12-2010, 03:06 AM
I'd like to find some of the old 60's Saturday morning cartoon shows from the 60's. Especially the mid-60s when, for a few years, they had all the super-hero ones. Would love to find the Fantastic Four (not that silly newer one).

I've found some of those online w/ Youtube. They're pretty cool.

I love the ads, like the Flintstones Winston ads.

Kingspoint
06-12-2010, 03:07 AM
Yes Newhart should be released. It was much better after it moved to CBS.

"Newhart", or "The Bob Newhart Show"?

cumberlandreds
06-16-2010, 10:29 AM
"Newhart", or "The Bob Newhart Show"?

Newhart. I think most of the seasons of The Bob Newhart Show have been released but I'm not sure about that.

Kingspoint
06-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Newhart.

It's all about the sweaters.

vaticanplum
09-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Amazon.com has announced that they're going to start streaming the Wonder Years for amazon Prime subscribers. No idea how they handled the licensing...maybe if it's streaming only there's a loophole? Oh man oh man. Now I have to find some philanthropist to pay for Prime membership for me.