PDA

View Full Version : Bray pitches 2 scoreless innings tonight

Vottomatic
06-07-2010, 10:22 PM
I know he still has a ways to go, but I like it.

COM2010
06-07-2010, 11:15 PM
That's great to hear. I know it won't happen, but if he could come back, followed by the quacking sounds of Chapman and Volquez the face of the bullpen would be the talk of baseball.

bleedsred
06-07-2010, 11:59 PM
The pen needs help and it needs it now. Danny Ray has been figured out by everyone (except Dunn) it seems. Why doesn't Baker bring in Rhodes tonight in the 7th? Put a rookie out there with 1 out and 2 in scoring position? The Reds let another one slip away. Even with all the comebacks, the Reds have given about 6 away including tonight with poor end of game management. Then again, kudos to Baker for using Cairo with the bases loaded. With the Cards getting b-slapped...the Reds could be 1 up...oh well

nemesis
06-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Bray will be in the Bullpen right around the end of the month if he is already going 2 innings. Burton should be up around then as well.

So it would go:

Owings
Herrera/Del Rosario
Bray
Burton
Rhodes
Massett
Cordero

If that doesn't work you'll still have a month to go out and get a couple bullpen arms...

captainmorgan07
06-08-2010, 12:15 AM
I'd give bray atleast another 2 to 3 weeks before we see him in the queen city. Herrera probably needs alil wake up call to Louisville to fix his control issues. Both lefties and righties are hitting over .300 against him. Dunno who in Louisville we would bring up though that is a lefthander.

Kingspoint
06-08-2010, 03:40 AM
I'd give bray atleast another 2 to 3 weeks before we see him in the queen city. Herrera probably needs alil wake up call to Louisville to fix his control issues. Both lefties and righties are hitting over .300 against him. Dunno who in Louisville we would bring up though that is a lefthander.

Bray's a Left-hander. Del Rosario's a Left-hander. That's more than enough.

sabometrics
06-08-2010, 04:20 AM
Sounds like he'll go through his rehab assignments and get the call ASAP if there are no setbacks. He was touted as a great bullpen arm and looked like he was going to live up to that billing before his injuries. Here's to hoping he breezes through his innings while he's in the minors. I've got higher expectations of him than Burton when and if they both get back this year, hopefully he can bring some much needed stability to the pen.

Vottomatic
06-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Bray's a Left-hander. Del Rosario's a Left-hander. That's more than enough.

Del Rosario is a righthander.

OesterPoster
06-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Lefties on the 40 man:

Maloney
Chapman
Wood
Bray
Herrera
Rhodes
Valiquette

Not many options there.

Fon Duc Tow
06-08-2010, 11:38 AM
If his stock rises enough, maybe we can trade him to the Nationals for Kearns and/or Lopez?

Vottomatic
06-08-2010, 11:40 AM
If his stock rises enough, maybe we can trade him to the Nationals for Kearns and/or Lopez?

All good and well until they find out he has shoulder problems.

nemesis
06-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Every player in that trade has either been a bust or had arm issues. All 3 arms that the reds got were injured at some point. Clayton was Clayton. Harris had one good year in Minnesota. Kearns is looking ok this year after a bunch of bad years and Lopez was terrible in Washington.

Kingspoint
06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Every player in that trade has either been a bust or had arm issues. All 3 arms that the reds got were injured at some point. Clayton was Clayton. Harris had one good year in Minnesota. Kearns is looking ok this year after a bunch of bad years and Lopez was terrible in Washington.

Yep. At least there's some hope still for the REDS in all of that. The Nats got absolutely nothing out of that trade.

Vottomatic
06-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Yep. At least there's some hope still for the REDS in all of that. The Nats got absolutely nothing out of that trade.

Agreed. If Bray can make a solid comeback like many have after TJ surgery, he might be just what this team needs as a LH reliever.

Here's hoping maybe he can help after the All-Star break.

Maybe sign Weathers and let him go to triple A for a few weeks to see what he's got and get in shape. And then hopefully Bray has a successful rehab stint and can come up around the same time. I wish Burton would find his rhythm again too.

I can't handle not having some heat in the bullpen.