PDA

View Full Version : Chad Mottola: Ouch!

HUHUH
06-08-2010, 01:50 AM
From a story in the New York Times regarding Chad Mottola:

By the time he resurfaced in the majors, with Toronto in 2000, Mottola was 28, too old to be a real prospect. It was the height of the steroid era.

The only thing I regret is not taking steroids, as bad as it sounds, he said. Im not mad at them. Im more mad at the system that allowed it to happen. Maybe if I had done it, Id be living the way theyre living. But I know the way I played, and Im not bitter at all.

Chad Mottola is the hitting coach for the Las Vegas 51s, the Toronto Blue Jays Class AAA affiliate.

From me:
Do you think this guy will get punished by MLB for these comments? Seeing as how he is a minor league hitting coach, should he be punished for these comments? Perhaps the Reds should have checked his IQ before drafting him.

COM2010
06-08-2010, 04:23 AM
No, he's taking a jab at MLB for a GOOD reason. MLB is full of cheaters, and that's what he's alluding to. Obviously he wansn't one of "those" players, and he regrets that playing the game the right way didn't land him the accolades and big cash the cheaters won.

But, watch....just watch. Here in about ten years, I say less than that, there are going to be some SERIOUS health problems cropping up all over MLB because of the steroids. I dread the day that comes when someone like Mark McGwire passes away at an early age. It's going to happen.

IMO, no, he should not be punished. He's not really telling anyone to take steroids, he's expressing disappointment that MLB allowed it (and still is to a degree).

Vottomatic
06-08-2010, 08:31 AM
No, he's taking a jab at MLB for a GOOD reason. MLB is full of cheaters, and that's what he's alluding to. Obviously he wansn't one of "those" players, and he regrets that playing the game the right way didn't land him the accolades and big cash the cheaters won.

But, watch....just watch. Here in about ten years, I say less than that, there are going to be some SERIOUS health problems cropping up all over MLB because of the steroids. I dread the day that comes when someone like Mark McGwire passes away at an early age. It's going to happen.

IMO, no, he should not be punished. He's not really telling anyone to take steroids, he's expressing disappointment that MLB allowed it (and still is to a degree).

I agree. They are comments out of frustration after watching guys use steroids, inflate their numbers, and make alot of money for doing it.

He's lamenting doing things the right way. I think he's just frustrated.

HUHUH
06-08-2010, 08:58 AM
AAA hitting coach who says he regrets not taking steroids.

The intent of the message is debatable, but the impact?

sivman17
06-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Mark McGwire is a MLB hitting coach who TOOK steroids. I don't see how Mottola's comments could cause him to lose his job.

nemesis
06-08-2010, 12:54 PM
The thing is select players were taking steroids in the 70's. Back room make hair grow instantly test. That stuff could kill upon injection. Not alot of those players keeled over from heart conditions. Which is what long term roid boys die from. Alot of the stuff that was being used in the late 90's and until around 2007 was designer stuff and HGH which actually doesn't really harm the body. HGH actually rejuvenates alot of the body's organs. Especially skin and muscle fibers. The main side effect is bone growth which gives guys the cromagnum forehead. coughbondscough.....

Now if they were or still are popping DBol tabs or shooting 400 Sustanon. Yeah they'll be dead sooner than later. That's what got Ken Caminiti.

bounty37h
06-08-2010, 12:58 PM
From a story in the New York Times regarding Chad Mottola:

By the time he resurfaced in the majors, with Toronto in 2000, Mottola was 28, too old to be a real prospect. It was the height of the steroid era.

The only thing I regret is not taking steroids, as bad as it sounds, he said. Im not mad at them. Im more mad at the system that allowed it to happen. Maybe if I had done it, Id be living the way theyre living. But I know the way I played, and Im not bitter at all.

Chad Mottola is the hitting coach for the Las Vegas 51s, the Toronto Blue Jays Class AAA affiliate.

From me:
Do you think this guy will get punished by MLB for these comments? Seeing as how he is a minor league hitting coach, should he be punished for these comments? Perhaps the Reds should have checked his IQ before drafting him.

Huih, I totally understand and get where he is coming from, no reason to punish him, he didnt do a thing wrong. Where do you see any problem/concern with his IQ from this??? Nothing wrong with this IMO, matter of fact, good for him for putting it out there.