PDA

View Full Version : Can we give other veterans time off versus KC?

ILoveWilly
06-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Anyone think we can afford it? Give Rolen a breather, Cabrera got one today, maybe a couple other guys, ::cough:: Rhodes ::cough::

bleedsred
06-10-2010, 08:09 PM
The next 6 series for the Reds and the Cards:

Reds: KC, LA Dodgers, SEA, OAK, CLEV, PHI

Cards: ARZ, SEA, OAK, TOR, KC, ARZ

Call me crazy but I rest vets against the Dodgers...the Reds have to WIN vs a team like KC. Maybe rest vs Grienke.

Reds
06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
We got swept by the Royals last year, I'd field our best lineup.

bgwilly31
06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah they whooped up on us bad! You dont remember that arroyo outting>?

The only guy that needs a little rest is rhodes. And a little at that.

Griffey012
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
No, we gotta take it to the bad teams. I would rather chuck a game against the Yankees with Sabathia on the hill, then run our AAA lineup out against the Royals.

Reds
06-10-2010, 10:20 PM
If we can win the first two games of any of the series, then we can be creative. just keep winnin' those series.

sivman17
06-10-2010, 10:33 PM
It's hard to believe Zach Greinke is 1-8 after how dominating he was last year.

However, it also doesn't help that the Royals have not scored a single run in his last 4 starts while he was still in the game.

lidspinner
06-10-2010, 11:06 PM
wonder how much ZG is worth on the market if his record continues to go south? I understand they dont score runs when he is pitching but at some point the record has to take his value down. Not saying I want him, just wondering if his bad record will force KC into keeping him cause everyone is going to want his on the cheap. no way KC just gives him away after last year.

davereds24
06-11-2010, 12:09 AM
We have an off day Monday, so no need for rest other than maybe Rolen. He hit several lazy fly balls today, might have been tired. He will probably get Sunday off to have 2 days in a row.

Griffey012
06-11-2010, 04:06 PM
wonder how much ZG is worth on the market if his record continues to go south? I understand they dont score runs when he is pitching but at some point the record has to take his value down. Not saying I want him, just wondering if his bad record will force KC into keeping him cause everyone is going to want his on the cheap. no way KC just gives him away after last year.

Why would you not want him?

Vottomatic
06-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Why not start the veterans and tell them beforehand to put up a commanding lead and you'll take them out of the ballgame for some rest? Sounds better to me. :D

1990REDS
06-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Why not start the veterans and tell them beforehand to put up a commanding lead and you'll take them out of the ballgame for some rest? Sounds better to me. :D

I like that idea:thumbup: If only i trusted the bullpen enough to take guys out when we get out to big leads.

Magdal
06-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I don't get this rest thing. Grown athletes in the prime of their lives that play ball in the sunshine an hour and 1/2 out of 24 need rest? Only the catcher works hard enough, and takes enough lumps to need a rest.

Play the best team you got every single day. JMO

texasdave
06-12-2010, 09:02 AM
I don't get this rest thing. Grown athletes in the prime of their lives that play ball in the sunshine an hour and 1/2 out of 24 need rest? Only the catcher works hard enough, and takes enough lumps to need a rest.

+1 It is hard for me to understand that concept either. Maybe it is more of a mental break than a physical break.

Griffey012
06-12-2010, 10:08 AM

It's the guys who are not in their prime anymore that need the rest. Such as Rolen, Ramon, Arthur, etc. Phillips, Bruce, Votto should be playing everyday.