PDA

View Full Version : great time at the ballpark

realistic
06-12-2010, 11:55 PM
i know this sounds like a fair weather fan, but i just got home from my first reds game at great american (friday nights game) and man i had a blast

its a 5 hr drive from middle tennessee and due to a disability and family issues ive not been able to make it in about 10 yrs. in the 90's, when i was in college, i made the drive to 2-3 series every summer. ive still followed the team and listened to marty - and after several agree emails from me to bud seligs office have been able to watch the reds on TV the the last couple yrs after the blackout changes in middle tennessee (err maybe thats a coincidence ) but other than a few trips to knoxville ive not had a chance to see any sporting events in the last 10 years

however, the stars all aligned this weekend. my sister and bro-in-law took my dad and twin 6 yr old nephews to the game for a fathers day thing and i got to tag along. i can say without a doubt the love for baseball was rekindled for 3 grown men and ignited in two little boys despite the extra inning loss last night. you locals should never take for granted what you have there. society has changed in the past 10 yrs but cincinnati is still the same as i remember , everyone from the vendors to the fans to the hotel employees made the trip a pleasure and we are planning a return trip in the fall. maybe its the winning, i dunno. but anyone
that hasnt been in a while should try to get out and go and accidently
remember why you feel in love with baseball as a kid.

i know no one wanted to hear this testomonial and i wasted bandwith but i sincerely wanted to say thanks to the team and the city. with all thats wrong in the world, waking up to see a 6 yr old standing on the bed across the room imitating brandon phillips batting stance unprompted can make a lot of lifes problems a lot more bearable

texasdave
06-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Glad to hear you had such an enjoyable experience. Baseball was, is and always will be the National Pastime IMO.

sabometrics
06-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Always happy to see posts like this, and I'm glad everything came together to make your experience (what sounds like) more than worthwhile. Especially glad to see my fellow vendors are doing a good job. We can be an ornery bunch (mostly amongst ourselves) when the team is bad and the stands aren't filled to some of our liking, but I can honestly say most of us (me included) just enjoy being able to go to the ballpark every night to be at the game whilst working. Cheers, and I hope you enjoy your future visits!

bounty37h
06-15-2010, 03:09 PM
i know this sounds like a fair weather fan, but i just got home from my first reds game at great american (friday nights game) and man i had a blast

its a 5 hr drive from middle tennessee and due to a disability and family issues ive not been able to make it in about 10 yrs. in the 90's, when i was in college, i made the drive to 2-3 series every summer. ive still followed the team and listened to marty - and after several agree emails from me to bud seligs office have been able to watch the reds on TV the the last couple yrs after the blackout changes in middle tennessee (err maybe thats a coincidence ) but other than a few trips to knoxville ive not had a chance to see any sporting events in the last 10 years

however, the stars all aligned this weekend. my sister and bro-in-law took my dad and twin 6 yr old nephews to the game for a fathers day thing and i got to tag along. i can say without a doubt the love for baseball was rekindled for 3 grown men and ignited in two little boys despite the extra inning loss last night. you locals should never take for granted what you have there. society has changed in the past 10 yrs but cincinnati is still the same as i remember , everyone from the vendors to the fans to the hotel employees made the trip a pleasure and we are planning a return trip in the fall. maybe its the winning, i dunno. but anyone
that hasnt been in a while should try to get out and go and accidently
remember why you feel in love with baseball as a kid.

i know no one wanted to hear this testomonial and i wasted bandwith but i sincerely wanted to say thanks to the team and the city. with all thats wrong in the world, waking up to see a 6 yr old standing on the bed across the room imitating brandon phillips batting stance unprompted can make a lot of lifes problems a lot more bearable

Realistic, some did wnat to har(read) this, and appreciate the view and reminder, the entire message you shared. Bandwidth not wasted at all friend!

Fon Duc Tow
06-15-2010, 04:46 PM
agreed. Thank you for sharing.