PDA

View Full Version : For anyone that thinks we're the only team with pitching issues

SidneySlicker
06-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Cardinals to sign Jeff Suppan. He'll start a game against the Mariners. Ahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahah ahahahha. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5280452)

redsfanmia
06-13-2010, 09:58 AM
He will probably win 10 games the rest of the way.

Reds
06-13-2010, 09:59 AM
I thought they'd work him out of the bullpen for some reason...

and here's what jeff had to say about it

"It was a big adjustment throwing out of the bullpen," Suppan said. "I've always had respect for everyone who has thrown in those roles. I have a lot more respect now, because it's very challenging, trying to stay sharp and things like that. It was constant learning every day. To get another opportunity is great, but like I said, let's see what happens."

SidneySlicker
06-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. Not to mention the cards offense is still in the doldrums.

SidneySlicker
06-13-2010, 11:13 AM
I thought they'd work him out of the bullpen for some reason...

and here's what jeff had to say about it

"It was a big adjustment throwing out of the bullpen," Suppan said. "I've always had respect for everyone who has thrown in those roles. I have a lot more respect now, because it's very challenging, trying to stay sharp and things like that. It was constant learning every day. To get another opportunity is great, but like I said, let's see what happens."

Of course he's gonna say that, but he wasn't exactly on fire last year when used as a starter with an Era of 5.29

He's a vet and playing on a good team maybe he'll get some residual value out of that, but I'd be surprised to see someone who has hovered around an era of 5 over his last two years starting just turn it on. Who knows though stranger things have happened. Also he's not pitching with the same defense/offense he did in 2004-2006

Kingspoint
06-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Cardinals to sign Jeff Suppan. He'll start a game against the Mariners. Ahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahah ahahahha. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5280452)

:D

webbbj
06-13-2010, 05:03 PM
i think the cards are great at the top of the rotation and weak the bottom. the reds are kind of just solid but not great at all 5 spots.

redhat
06-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Two starters down. The best option from Memphis already in the rotation (Garcia). Milwaukee outrighted him, so they're paying his salary except for the prorated minimum.

Minimum risk to put a veteran pitcher in the #4 spot. Dave Duncan is familiar with his mechanics having coached him from '04 to '06. He's only 35. Duncan watched him throw a side session before they signed him & already found a flaw in his delivery. Why not?

Last night it paid off. Suppan hadn't started a game since April so he couldn't really stretch out. He pitched 4 innings, allowed only 1 run, Cards win.

It will take 3-4 more outings before we know whether we're getting the good mid-naughts Soup or the bad late-naughts Soup.