PDA

View Full Version : Brook Jacoby

Maldez
06-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Has anyone noticed that our Cincinnati Reds are MLB's best hitting team with a .281 team average? Our young stars of the future, Jay Bruce, Drew Stubbs, Joey Votto, et al, are all smacking the ball around like all-stars and veterans like Scott Rolen and Miguel Cairo are playing as well as ever.

It's time Brook Jacoby got some credit! I remember reading a post here several weeks ago where one of our more insightful fans vowed to "never watch another Reds game until Brook Jacoby is fired!" I guarantee you this guy is drinking up everything Reds he can get his face on and has yet to admit, even to himself, how wrong he was.

Vottomatic
06-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Phillips, Votto, Rolen, and Gomes all hitting over .300. :D

captainmorgan07
06-13-2010, 05:12 PM
When it's going good nobody mentions the hitting coach, when they stink everybody wants the guy fired. Just how it is around baseball. Same thing with pitching coach.

kfm
06-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I started a similar thread a while back about Brook Jacoby. A few people came on to admit maybe they were wrong, but most of his harshest critics steered clear. I don't know how you can't give him credit, if you were calling for his firing or cast the blame for the bad offense on him. I for one think hitting coaches impact is overrated, but I have heard and seen enough from the players to understand the little things Jacoby has done to help specific hitters.

Jack Burton
06-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Credit to all the coaches for where the team is right now, have to say I didn't expect it. I've been rough on them, that's for sure, but they due deserve credit for where the team is at this point in the season. But it is a 162 game season so hopefully the team continues to play well.