06-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Depending on what it is this could change the entire season:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/06/13/phillips-to-have-mri/

redsfan_12
06-13-2010, 08:48 PM
shewwwwww....

bgwilly31
06-13-2010, 10:19 PM
If this goes down the only good thing that will happen is we can finally nip in the butt that paul janish is not an everyday player.

TheBigLebowski
06-13-2010, 10:19 PM
HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Todd Frazier.

BP was on track for his best season ever. Even Teh Dust had moved him out of his proper spot as cleanup hitter, and the team's actually winning.

I post in jest a lot of the time - hell, most of it - but keep him in your thoughts. Worst time anything like this could happen.

Vottomatic
06-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Well, he's tearing the cover off the ball. Maybe being injured is a good thing? :D

aubashbrother
06-13-2010, 11:01 PM
If he did go on the DL everyone knows what will happen. Sutton recalled to sit the bench why Cairo plays 2nd :(

NeilHamburger
06-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Honestly, if this is a serious problem with his hamstring (and I'm not saying it is) I really don't see how the Reds can continue to compete without making a couple of major moves. I realize that on this board sometimes people get too worked up over games, but without Phillips, with either Janish or Cairo starting I really don't see much hope.

In my opinion this team has 3 players that would just be back breaking, just devasting to lose for an extended period (60 days or so):

1. Joey Votto
2. Scott Rolen
3. Brandon Phillips

Anyone else I feel they could fill, or make a trade to get someone close to comparable. Those 3 are just devastating to the season, and I really don't know how you compete long term.

gedred69
06-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Since being moved out of the 4 hole, he has done nothing but Hit and Hit again. I hope it's nothing major, he's been very integral to the team's success, both with the bat and in the field.

redlegs2370
06-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Unfortunately this is where the small market teams, like the Reds, get hurt. An injury to Jeter or ARod and the Yankees can keep winning but as Neil mentioned the Reds can't afford to play an extended period of time without Votto, Rolen, or Phillips. The depth just isn't there, that was evident the past two home Sunday games. The Reds just can't score when 1, let alone two of the 3 are out of a game.

Krawhitham
06-14-2010, 01:11 AM
They can win without Phillips, he had the tying or winning RBI in 3 games this season

He is on pace for 59 RBI, he only successfully steals a bag 62% of the time

He is on a good run right now but he is always streaky and is due for a bad turn. Look at his splits over the last 3 years. Bad month, good month, bad month, good month, bad month, good month

COM2010
06-14-2010, 02:40 AM
The things that come to my mind, concerning Phillips, are his glove and speed. Everything else, he's really just average. The guy's always trying to swing for the upper deck. Replace his glove and get some decent speed up there in the top of the order, and things won't look that bad.

scott91575
06-14-2010, 07:34 AM
They can win without Phillips, he had the tying or winning RBI in 3 games this season

He is on pace for 59 RBI, he only successfully steals a bag 62% of the time

He is on a good run right now but he is always streaky and is due for a bad turn. Look at his splits over the last 3 years. Bad month, good month, bad month, good month, bad month, good month

Yeah, he only leads the National League in runs. Are runs important? I forget.

Vottomatic
06-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah, he only leads the National League in runs. Are runs important? I forget.

I agree. When you're batting 2nd in the order, you're not going to have that many rbi's. Runs are more an indication he's getting on base, which is his job.

mattfeet
06-14-2010, 08:39 AM
The things that come to my mind, concerning Phillips, are his glove and speed. Everything else, he's really just average. The guy's always trying to swing for the upper deck. Replace his glove and get some decent speed up there in the top of the order, and things won't look that bad.

Have you been watching this season? He's KILLING it in the 2nd hole by NOT swinging for the upper deck. :rolleyes:

-Matt

flash
06-14-2010, 08:52 AM
It would be nice to see what Valaika had. I don't want to see Phillips hurt though.

COM2010
06-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Have you been watching this season? He's KILLING it in the 2nd hole by NOT swinging for the upper deck. :rolleyes:

-Matt

Have you seen the (many) plate appearances where he's swinging for the fences? The announcers must have seen them, too, because they've talked about it. Don't roll your eyes at me, mister. ;)

COM2010
06-14-2010, 10:37 AM
It would be nice to see what Valaika had. I don't want to see Phillips hurt though.

I'm with you, I don't think any player wants to get a shot at the expense of someone else's health, but Valaika needs that shot.

Reds
06-14-2010, 11:19 AM
I knew we should have kept Pokey Reese.

arkimadee
06-14-2010, 12:38 PM
http://twitpic.com/1wryp9

BP is at the Zoo today.. hopefully that's a good sign that he's feeling alright

COM2010
06-14-2010, 12:50 PM
http://twitpic.com/1wryp9

BP is at the Zoo today.. hopefully that's a good sign that he's feeling alright

I think he's being bear'ish about this whole injury. Can't you must imagine him squawking about not getting to play? Will ownership become angry if BP slithers his way into the lineup card? Will he hang off the rafters after sliding into third on a patented first-to-third single by the Reds? ;)

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
06-14-2010, 01:01 PM
I was gonna complain about the line-up sunday until I heard Phillips was injured. Still I would like to see Dusty's record in day games after night games. It's hard to win when your throwing your number five against their ace, and you have two of your top four hitters on the bench. Injury aside there has been multiple times this year when dusty has rested two top teir players at a time. Is Rollen that sore, or is it just a formality in his mind. How many times has Tony sat Pujols and Holliday during a day game. If phillips is hurt fine, start Rollen and pull him when you think the game is either in hand or a lost cause. If I'm Lecure I looked at the line-up card yesterday and said wow are you kidding me.

aubashbrother
06-14-2010, 03:31 PM
YouTube - Rookie of the Year - Brickma's post game advice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsw1xWRhxac)

bp should take this guys advice cept for the arm use it on the hammy

texasdave
06-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Walt Jocketty had not heard anything Monday afternoon on the MRI of Brandon Phillips’ hamstring.

“I probably won’t today,” he said. “I would have if it was anything serious,” Jocketty said. “Talking to (Dr. Tim) Kremchek, he thought (Phillips) will be ready in the next day or two. He got treatment today. It was more like a knot.”
Jocketty said the injury will not likely lead to a stay on the disabled list.

That comes from Fayblog. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

mattfeet
06-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Good news, thanks for the post.

-Matt

Rockermann
06-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Phillips is in the lineup tonight. I think that is good news.

Vottomatic
06-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Phillips is in the lineup tonight. I think that is good news.

That is good news.

WHAT'S WITH THE WIDE SCREEN? :eek: