PDA

View Full Version : Nice piece on Thom and Marty

arkimadee
06-15-2010, 04:45 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100610&content_id=11043138&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin&partnerId=rss_cin

DaytonFlyer
06-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Marty says "This is a business that breeds egomaniacs, and guys think they're bigger than the business..."

*spit take*

Vottomatic
06-15-2010, 09:36 AM
With everything in life, there are things you like and things you don't like about certain people.

For awhile, I thought Marty was getting a bit arrogant, but he seems to have turned the corner. I actually think Jeff Brantley has softened Marty a bit and made him relax. I can honestly say I enjoy Marty and Brantley on the radio broadcast more than even when Joe Nuxhall was there. I loved Marty and Joe, but I think I love Cowboy and Marty better. Cowboy really has some interesting points to make about batters and pitchers and I love when he brings that stuff to his commentary. I also think they like eachother, and have fun with eachother.

I like Thom fine. I think he has a strong voice and is respectful of guests on his show. I do see the complaint most often leveled at him, where he tends to jump on a player who just made a mistake, and will hang onto that for 3 or 4 innings. But as I said, there are good and bad things about everyone.

I've even grown to like Jim Kelch now too. I just hope if they need to add someone else in the near future that it's Dan Hoard. Really love Hoard. Excellent PBP and commentator.