PDA

View Full Version : Price and the pitching staff

Red Rover
06-15-2010, 01:30 PM
I was hoping for great things out of the Reds pitching staff this year under Price, but it actually has gotten worse. The only bright spots on the staff are Leake and Rhodes. Everyone else seems to have regressed from last year. Could Price be the problem or is there just a lack of talent?

ian_madden
06-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I think you are stretching. We are just in a bad patch with the starting rotation. We will be fine.

GIDP
06-15-2010, 01:54 PM
I think Cueto has mental lapses, Price cant do much other than tell him what hes doing wrong.

Price has done well imo, its just the talent some times slips up.

I had no faith in Pole when it came to fixing any problem with a pitcher. He seemed lost as much as the pitcher at times.

ian_madden
06-15-2010, 01:59 PM
I think Cueto has mental lapses, Price cant do much other than tell him what hes doing wrong.

Price has done well imo, its just the talent some times slips up.

I had no faith in Pole when it came to fixing any problem with a pitcher. He seemed lost as much as the pitcher at times.

:thumbup:

bounty37h
06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
I was hoping for great things out of the Reds pitching staff this year under Price, but it actually has gotten worse. The only bright spots on the staff are Leake and Rhodes. Everyone else seems to have regressed from last year. Could Price be the problem or is there just a lack of talent?

really? I think he has done well overall so far. Yeah, harang has been a disapointment, but he hasnt regressed this year- I think he has just started to lose it. Cueto's only issues seem to be mental IMO, thats on him and time/experience. Where do you get everyone else has gotten worse this season?

Red Rover
06-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Cordero, DRH, Masset, Bailey... Last year I thought the Starters would start to show improvement and I thought that the bullpen would continue to dominate. Neither has happened.