PDA

View Full Version : Who WILL make the All-Star team from the Reds in 2010?

Homer Bailey
06-15-2010, 05:17 PM
We did this last year, and I thought it would be fun to do it again this year. Who WILL make the All-Star team this year from the Reds? Not who you think deserves to make the team, but who will actually make the team?

TRF
06-15-2010, 05:20 PM
I think Votto is in, and maybe Rolen.

Leake would need 3 STELLAR starts to be named.

no one from the pen.

edabbs44
06-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Votto, Rolen, Rhodes and Leake. Jonny G will be there in spirit.

TRF
06-15-2010, 05:33 PM
I for one am hoping Rhodes flies under the radar and isn't named. He could use a break.

reds1869
06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Votto is a virtual lock even at such a tough position. I think Rolen and Leake will go as well.

edabbs44
06-15-2010, 05:41 PM
I for one am hoping Rhodes flies under the radar and isn't named. He could use a break.

Totally agree.

fearofpopvol1
06-15-2010, 05:43 PM
To me, it would be a complete sham if Rhodes doesn't make it. Guy has been the best reliever in all of baseball.

If there is any true lock from the Reds, Rhodes should be it.

Ghosts of 1990
06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Rhodes and Rolen

LincolnparkRed
06-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I think Gomes, just cause he is up there in RBI and the common fan, will say hey that is good enough for me. That and the mohawk.

guttle11
06-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Rolen, Votto and Rhodes. Maybe Phillips, depending on the roster breakdown with the 1 rep teams.

HokieRed
06-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Phillips deserves it, Rolen's in, Rhodes and Votto also deserve to be in but I doubt we'd get more than 3 at the outside.

VR
06-15-2010, 05:59 PM
If Rhodes is picked...he would most likely be one of the only non-starter/ no-saves player ever to be selected.

Joseph
06-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Ok to do this we need to know what the 'needs' are. To know the needs we have to know who is likely to make it from other teams. I'm working on the 33 man roster used last year, if I'm mistaken then that throws all this in the waste bin.

West

Dodgers: Andre Ethier OF[v], Jonathan Broxton RP
Padres: Heath Bell RP, Adrian Gonzalez 1B
Giants: Tim Lincecum SP, Brian Wilson RP
Rockies: Ubaldo Jimenez SP, Troy Tulowitski
D'backs: Mark Reynolds 3B

East

Phillies: Chase Utley 2B [v], Placido Polanco 3B [v], Roy Halladay SP
Braves: Jason Heyward OF [v], Brian McCann C
Mets: Mike Pelphrey SP
Marlins: Hanley Ramirez SS [v], Josh Johnson SP
Nationals: Ryan Zimmerman 3B, Matt Capps RP

Central

Cubs: Marlon Byrd OF, Carlos Silva SP
Astros: Matt Lindstrom RP
Cardinals: Albert Pujols IB [V], Yadier Molina C [v]; Adam Wainright P, Jaime Garcia SP
Pirates: Andrew McCutchen OF
Brewers: Ryan Braun OF [v], Corey Hart OF, Prince Fielder 1B, Casey McGhee

Total Roster before the Reds addition[s] 31

Therefore the Reds representative[s] will be:

Joey Votto 1B
Jonny Gomes OF

RedsManRick
06-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Rhodes could lose his spot easily with a 1 bad appearance that pulls his ERA up north of 2.00. Non-closer relievers aren't often taken and have be utterly dominant -- no-brainers.

Phillips is the surest bet IMO because Utley will win the popular vote and is deserving to go anyways. After that, Phillips is at the head of a group guys who have performed similarly including Uggla, Kelly Johnson and Martin Prado. Given his reputation and the Reds place in the standings, that bods well for BP.

At 1B, Pujols will obviously win the vote and then you're battling for backups. Gonzalez and Huff might be their team's only reps depending on what pitchers are taken. For Pittsburgh it's basically down to McCutchen and Garrett Jones. In short, Votto has a lot of competition.

klw
06-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Rhodes, Rolen, Phillips

TheNext44
06-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Ok to do this we need to know what the 'needs' are. To know the needs we have to know who is likely to make it from other teams. I'm working on the 33 man roster used last year, if I'm mistaken then that throws all this in the waste bin.

West

East

Central

Cardinals: Albert Pujols IB [V], Yadier Molina C [v]; Adam Wainright P, Jaime Garcia SP

Joey Votto 1B
Jonny Gomes OF

There are a lot guys on that list that are not givens. These things are impossible to predict. Way too much politicing goes on.

Just my feeling, Fielder doesn't go. He's having an off year. And I really doubt Capps gets in.

I could see three Reds, but not four.

Homer Bailey
06-15-2010, 07:00 PM

West

East

Central

Joey Votto 1B
Jonny Gomes OF

Appreciate the breakdown. I say Rolen goes over McGehee for sure. Capps is far from likely. I could see Howard, Pujols, Gonzalez, and Votto all making it.

nate
06-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Miguel Cairo isn't an option?

:cool:

Homer Bailey
06-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Miguel Cairo isn't an option?

:cool:

Other is Spanish for Cairo.

nate
06-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Other is Spanish for Cairo.

I'm thinking this is an invalid poll if there is no MIGEHRIG!

nate
06-15-2010, 07:10 PM
I said Votto and Phillips. They've kind of been the most valuable at their positions this year.

Rolen might make it though...he good.

RedsManRick
06-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Interesting breakdown.

I don't think McGehee or Fielder are anything near locks. Rolen and Votto both have clearly better resume's.

From the D'Backs, Chris Young and Kelly Johnson are both more deserving than Reynolds in my book -- and while Haren's ERA is high, he could be at 9 or 10 wins and be leading the league in SOs.

David Wright has a real good case for the Mets, but Pelfrey's got the numbers people love.

Lindstrom is interesting, but I think Oswalt has a good shot, especially if he can pick up a few wins. Either way, the Astros are rough.

CarolinaRedleg
06-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Votto, Rolen, Leake.

Joseph
06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Appreciate the breakdown. I say Rolen goes over McGehee for sure. Capps is far from likely. I could see Howard, Pujols, Gonzalez, and Votto all making it.

Its very possible indeed that Rolen goes over McGhee. The kid is near the top of the league though in RBI and I think he gets in.

Capps is leading the league in saves. Outside Bell and Wilson I don't think there are a lot of bullpen locks this year so I think you have to take the saves leader.

There are a lot guys on that list that are not givens. These things are impossible to predict. Way too much politicing goes on.

Just my feeling, Fielder doesn't go. He's having an off year. And I really doubt Capps gets in.

I could see three Reds, but not four.

Fielder and Howard are a toss up for me. Howards having the better year probably, but I think Prince gets the edge. Its just as possible that neither make the squad and they take another from the hometown squad.

Capps, well see above.

Raisor
06-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Votto, Rolen, and Phillips all deserve to go.

klw
07-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Rhodes, Rolen, Phillips

Bumped to congratulate self. And these 3 guys too I guess they had something to do with it too.

Homer Bailey
07-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Bumped to congratulate self. And these 3 guys too I guess they had something to do with it too.

I think votto gets in, and ill be sure to bump it for my correct guess as well!

Chip R
07-04-2010, 10:49 PM

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/small/29062/8349948

Degenerate39
07-05-2010, 03:05 AM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/small/29062/8349948

I thought that was Gomes for a second

Homer Bailey
07-09-2010, 01:07 PM
PuffyPig, Raisor, Ron Madden, and myself were the 4 winners!

For those wondering, I did not pull a muscle patting myself on the back.

CarolinaRedleg
07-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Holy Barry Horowitz sighting!