PDA

View Full Version : A big day Thursday

VR
06-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Reds play day game vs. Dodgers, Cards are off.

Reds need to make a statement to the Dodgers, avoid the sweep, and gain a bit of momentum with a win as they venture out for a west coast trip.

Being up vs being down a 1/2 game makes a big difference.

After being blown out Monday, then having Rolen and Baker booted tonight, I think they'll come out tomorrow guns blazing against Ely.

I'd like to see Heisey and or Nix get some abs tomorrow, and certainly hope Rolen is in there to let his bat do the speaking for him.

jojo
06-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Being up vs being down a 1/2 game makes a big difference.

Only after the final out of the regular season....

VR
06-17-2010, 12:05 AM

Technically...impossible :)

BearcatShane
06-17-2010, 01:38 AM

Your absolutely right. Absolutely right. And every win will help the Reds get closer to that goal.

Ron Madden
06-17-2010, 02:57 AM
I agree, Thursdays game is very important.

Let's hope Dusty doesn't trot out one of those Sunday Special lineups.

paulrichjr
06-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Technically...impossible :)

It's happened to the Reds before so it certainly isn't impossible.

Ghosts of 1990
06-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Normal line up out there today against a garden variety guy. Not that recent events have given me much faith in those variables; but I expect Arroyo to come up big.

VR
06-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Normal line up out there today against a garden variety guy. Not that recent events have given me much faith in those variables; but I expect Arroyo to come up big.

And he did, albeit unconventionally. Nice call.

Nice rebound....I'm looking forward to attending this weekends game 'on a winning streak'.
:beerme:

traderumor
06-17-2010, 04:13 PM
That should make for a bit more pleasant plane ride. Hopefully the end of a slump.

Rojo
06-17-2010, 04:27 PM
gain a bit of momentum with a win as they venture out for a west coast trip.

Many a promising season has been dashed on the shoals of The Coast.

CarolinaRedleg
06-17-2010, 10:59 PM
After the first two games of the Dodger series, I was afraid the dreaded West Coast swing was making a housecall. Nice recovery though. Now, got to keep the momentum up.

redsfaninbsg
06-18-2010, 12:33 AM
The Reds should buy me a season ticket, I've been to 7 games and they are 6-1. I'm not seeing bottom feeders either, I've seen them beat St. Louis twice, the Mets, and the Dodgers (the other two were Houston and Kansas City).

Topcat
06-18-2010, 03:21 AM
I truly dread the West coast trips. They have over past 10 years been the killer of hopes for the Reds season. That being said this is a new team and they are playing great.

GAC
06-18-2010, 04:23 AM
I truly dread the West coast trips. They have over past 10 years been the killer of hopes for the Reds season.

The "curse" of the West Coast goes back farther then that though. Many a times during the 70's, and the days of the BRM, I dreaded those trips.

mth123
06-18-2010, 06:28 AM
I truly dread the West coast trips. They have over past 10 years been the killer of hopes for the Reds season. That being said this is a new team and they are playing great.

They aren't playing great but its still ok. If this was a trip to play the Dodgers and Giants, with the way the team is playing right now, I'd expect 2-4 or 1-5, but Seattle and Oakland doesn't seem so bad. Oakland is struggling and Seattle is bad. The parks will help our pitchers, the DH will help our defense by allowing Gomes to DH or our older and/or injured guys by allowing Rolen and/or Phillips to possibly DH while resting up. Not having to PH might allow the Reds to avoid using the lousy part of the pen as much. I'm actually fairly optimistic about this trip and think the Reds should go at least .500. They may actually do better but probably need Lee or Felix to have an off night.

Come home and beat up on Cleveland and hold our own against Philly and the team should go into July in good position for the second half. Hopefully by then Volquez and Bray can fortify the staff a bit and hopefully the Reds can bring some one in to lead the rotation. It would be nice to leave Seattle with Cliff Lee on the Reds team plane.;)

HokieRed
06-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Need Volquez, period.

Rojo
06-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Be nice to see Heisey in left and Gomes DH against Lee.

OnBaseMachine
06-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Be nice to see Heisey in left and Gomes DH against Lee.

Sure would've. I've had very few complaints with Dusty this season but his lineup tonight is puzzling to say the least. Cueto is a flyball pitcher, Safeco Field has a huge outfield. Wouldn't it make sense to put your best defensive outfield out there? IMO, yes. I would've went with an outfield of Heisey/Stubbs/Bruce with Gomes DHing.