PDA

View Full Version : I take it all back !

Magdal
06-18-2010, 04:54 AM
I really thought this team could win the Central....but as the Cards continue to FAIL, so do the Reds. Niether team is beating good teams and the Cards play bad teams for the next 3 weeks.

The freaking Cubs will be crawling back up to throw a wrench in the works! Hey, Dusty....put the best team on the field every day and stop trying to be LaRussa. Pretend that you have an idea of your own.

sabometrics
06-18-2010, 05:26 AM
First place is never good enough ... sigh.

Griffey012
06-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I figured I wouldn't agree with the post after reading the topic, but I was hoping it at least made sense. We play basically the same schedule as the Cards, so over the course of the season these 3 week stretches are not so relevant, its the overall product.

So what you saying is the Reds can no longer win the NL Central because the Cardinals have a weak 3 week stretch?

Magdal
06-18-2010, 09:08 AM
I figured I wouldn't agree with the post after reading the topic, but I was hoping it at least made sense. We play basically the same schedule as the Cards, so over the course of the season these 3 week stretches are not so relevant, its the overall product.

So what you saying is the Reds can no longer win the NL Central because the Cardinals have a weak 3 week stretch?No, not saying that....but the Cards win like 6 of 10 with bad teams. Lose 7 of 10 with good teams. they play dogs for about the next
3 weeks.

The Reds really must start beating these teams!

Magdal
06-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Last nite they made a mediocre pitcher look like Cy Young Jr. for about the 40th time this year....they swing at everything. They don't even wanna win. They don't care. The money is in the bank and they wait for TLR to move on.

this is the best shot for decades for the Redlegs to win it. But matching the Cards loss for loss won't cut it. My God, the Cubs will be sneaking up!

bshall2105
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
No, not saying that....but the Cards win like 6 of 10 with bad teams. Lose 7 of 10 with good teams. they play dogs for about the next
3 weeks.

The Reds really must start beating these teams!

Well we can start winning by beating up on Seattle tonight and Oakland the following series. That's a nice, easy 1 week stretch.

sabometrics
06-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Last nite they made a mediocre pitcher look like Cy Young Jr. for about the 40th time this year....they swing at everything. They don't even wanna win. They don't care. The money is in the bank and they wait for TLR to move on.

this is the best shot for decades for the Redlegs to win it. But matching the Cards loss for loss won't cut it. My God, the Cubs will be sneaking up!

You can claim a lot of things and call this team inadequate in whatever respect they play the game, but to claim they don't care and don't want to win is just grasping for straws. It's nothing but a ridiculous claim to stir up hysteria.

bgwilly31
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
The sun-deck at its best. lol

markymark69
06-18-2010, 08:04 PM
The thing that is amazing to me is everyone making the Cardinals out to be this unbeatable juggernaut. Yes they have Albert Pujols and the man who was consulted by Abner Doubleday when he was inventing the game and Matt Holliday is pretty good too, but they have someone called Brendan Ryan playing shortstop and someone called Skip Schumaker playing second.

Their bullpen is as questionable as the Reds and outside of Carpenter and Wainwright, the starting rotation is not as good as the Reds if you ask me. Oh, and by the way the Reds have actually beaten Wainwright this year.

The Cubs? Wake me up when they get to within 1-3 games. They are a mess.

I'm not saying the Reds are going to win the division, but the Cardinals do not, I repeat, do not walk on water. The Reds certainly can win this division.

1990REDS
06-18-2010, 09:18 PM
this is the first time ive been on redzone while the season has been going on and i was just curious, what did everyone talk about when the reds were bad? This board must have been unbearable when we were like 10 games under. guys were in FIRST PLACE, enjoy it. who knows it might be another decade before were decent again.

bshall2105
06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
this is the first time ive been on redzone while the season has been going on and i was just curious, what did everyone talk about when the reds were bad? This board must have been unbearable when we were like 10 games under. guys were in FIRST PLACE, enjoy it. who knows it might be another decade before were decent again.

When were we 10 games under? I remember being 7-11, and that was as bad as it got.

Jefferson24
06-19-2010, 12:39 AM
first place is gone, officially let the complaining begin.

NeilHamburger
06-19-2010, 12:44 AM

Come back after the Oakland series if you want to see. My hunch is this place will implode. Then people will come to grips with the team, and they will start looking for positives and focusing on other sports or next year. Since 2000 rinse and repeat again and again and again and again and again and again.

Oh, and again.

Kingspoint
06-19-2010, 08:06 AM
The REDS will be in first place again in June.

markymark69
06-19-2010, 08:52 AM

You just wasted however much time it took for you to write this post. There is not just complaining when they are first place, there is complaining when they win, because they played a certain way, "so-and-so got picked off, they wouldn't have been in this situation if so-and-so would have not screwed up earlier in the game, etc. etc."

It's the most unbelievable thing that I have ever seen. Watch out, you (and me both) will probrably receive nasty, smart-eleck responses because we blasted those who choose to be negative.

Wait until they make a trade and then you'll this board really go ape.

1990REDS
06-19-2010, 09:31 AM
When were we 10 games under? I remember being 7-11, and that was as bad as it got.

i ment in years previous before i joined the board.

redram
06-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Well we are fixing to lose the second game of the three we play in Seattle, but I still think this team will compete all year. We get Volquez back and for some reason we never do that well out west. Rolen just made an awesome play by the way, but thinking back on the last few years, this year is diff. They will stay in it not only because the other teams in the div stink, but we are just better than we have been in years. We need one or two moves by Walt and this could be a special year

Magdal
06-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Yesterday was a tuff loss. The Cards have started winning a few games as Holliday, Shumaker and Ryan have all started hitting at the same time. Too soon to tell if mere coincedence....

My concearn that the Cubs will be sneaking up seems idiotic now...they are indeed a mess. The Cards put Suppan out there today and they should lose. It would be nice to get a win on Fathers day.;)

Magdal
06-20-2010, 05:24 PM
And they did lose with Suppan, even with Holliday mashing.

BigPoppa
06-21-2010, 12:30 AM
The REDS will be in first place again in June.

this. :beerme:

CincyRed44
06-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Not sure, but the top 4 in Cardinals rotation are pretty darn good. Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia & Penny vs. Harang, Cueto, Arroyo & Leake :eek:

St. Louis
Chris Carpenter 8-1 2.83
Adam Wainwright 10-4 2.23
Jaime Garcia 6-3 1.59
Brad Penny 3-4 3.23

27-12 2.78

Cincinnati
Aaron Harang 5-7 5.17
Johnny Cueto 6-2 4.30
Bronson Arroyo 6-3 4.53
Mike Leake 6-1 3.02

23-12 4.28

The Reds rotation is okay, but I'd rather have the Cardinals starting staff when push comes to shove. In most cases good pitching defeats streaky offense easily. Looking back over the past lost weekend in Seattle should be a reminder of this very fact.

Magdal
06-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Not sure, but the top 4 in Cardinals rotation are pretty darn good. Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia & Penny vs. Harang, Cueto, Arroyo & Leake :eek:

St. Louis
Chris Carpenter 8-1 2.83
Adam Wainwright 10-4 2.23
Jaime Garcia 6-3 1.59
Brad Penny 3-4 3.23

27-12 2.78

Cincinnati
Aaron Harang 5-7 5.17
Johnny Cueto 6-2 4.30
Bronson Arroyo 6-3 4.53
Mike Leake 6-1 3.02

23-12 4.28

The Reds rotation is okay, but I'd rather have the Cardinals starting staff when push comes to shove. In most cases good pitching defeats streaky offense easily. Looking back over the past lost weekend in Seattle should be a reminder of this very fact.They had that rotation vs. L.A. last year in the playoffs and were swept like a dog. A Vegas 2 to 1 fave. Ha!

bubbachunk
06-21-2010, 05:11 PM
It is baseball and everyone has their ups and downs. The sky is not falling............. yet at least.