PDA

View Full Version : The Hannigan factor

flash
06-18-2010, 01:37 PM
I did some checking, nothing to in-depth, of the results the Reds had using different catchers. Here is what I found.

With Hanigan behind the platethe Reds are14-9. Opposing teams are averaging about 4.3 runs a game.

With Hernandez behind the plate the Reds are 21-20. Opposing teams are averaging 5 runs a game.

With Miller behind the plate the Reds are 3-2. Opposing teams are averaging 3.6 runs a game.

sabometrics
06-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Seen this stat thrown around a lot lately. I'd like to see what Hanigan/Hernandez "Catching ERAs" are over last year and this year combined. I think that Hanigan does call the better game, but I don't believe the difference is as large as I've seen some of the numbers make it out to be.

Vottomatic
06-18-2010, 03:44 PM
I did some checking, nothing to in-depth, of the results the Reds had using different catchers. Here is what I found.

With Hanigan behind the platethe Reds are14-9. Opposing teams are averaging about 4.3 runs a game.

With Hernandez behind the plate the Reds are 21-20. Opposing teams are averaging 5 runs a game.

With Miller behind the plate the Reds are 3-2. Opposing teams are averaging 3.6 runs a game.

Well, that finalizes it. Corky should start every game from here on out. :D :p:

texasdave
06-21-2010, 03:00 AM
BUMP:http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100620&content_id=11397096&notebook_id=11400844&vkey=notebook_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

It was definitely a good sign for injured Reds catcher Ryan Hanigan.

Hanigan, who has been on the disabled list since May 29 with a fractured left thumb, did some catching in the bullpen on Saturday when he warmed up starter Sam LeCure.

The Voice of IH
06-21-2010, 08:34 AM

With Hanigan behind the plate the Reds are14-9. Opposing teams are averaging about 4.3 runs a game.

Hernandez Caught only Cueto and Leake, while Hanigan got Harang, Arroyo, and Bailey. Leake and Cueto had some the Best Records (W-L's) on the team before Hanigan was injured. So if is clear that the only reason why Hernandez is catching .500 is because of the run the Reds have partaken in here in the past week or so.