PDA

View Full Version : Reds didnt trade for Cliff Lee. Lance McCallister just lost a bunch of listeners.

GIDP
06-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Just reporting on 1530 Homer.

Alonso, Travis Wood, and Chris Heisey.

GIDP
06-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Cliff Lee supposed to start for the Reds tomorrow.

arkimadee
06-18-2010, 06:13 PM
is this april fools?

GIDP
06-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Oh Lance Mccallister just said he made it up. Wow that guy deserves to be fired. Congrats guy.

brm7675
06-18-2010, 06:14 PM
If it is true, shoot Walt now!

arkimadee
06-18-2010, 06:14 PM
damn i got excited for a sec..

GIDP
06-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Seriously I'm about ready to snap on the guy. Guess who isnt listening to his show any more after that little stunt.

brm7675
06-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Anyone who would make that deal is an idiot. Lee is not worth Wood alone, let alone adding the other two. Lee is a rental at best and no way in heck could the Reds EVER have a shot at signing him to a long term deal.

GIDP
06-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Anyone who would make that deal is an idiot. Lee is not worth Wood alone, let alone adding the other two. Lee is a rental at best and no way in heck could the Reds EVER have a shot at signing him to a long term deal.

Doesnt matter anyways because any credability that Lance Mccallister had left just was pissed out the window. Just another pile of crap by the crappy Cincy sports media. He fits right in with Paul Daughtery and Ken Broo and their making up of rumors.

brm7675
06-18-2010, 06:22 PM
It's a sports talk show, it's how they operate. It's no big deal and won't impact on thier listernership at all.

GIDP
06-18-2010, 06:24 PM
It's a sports talk show, it's how they operate. It's no big deal and won't impact on thier listernership at all.

You would have to hear what he just pulled. It's basically yelling fire in a theater. It was pathetic.

arkimadee
06-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Doesnt matter anyways because any credability that Lance Mccallister had left just was pissed out the window. Just another pile of crap by the crappy Cincy sports media. He fits right in with Paul Daughtery and Ken Broo and their making up of rumors.
I know but the idea of having a number one starter for this season got me excited. It would be up for debate if it really happened but it didn't. Stupid Lance McCallister

BurgervilleBuck
06-18-2010, 06:25 PM
He's still on the radio?

GIDP
06-18-2010, 06:26 PM
He's still on the radio?

He does sports talk now that they are cheap and cant keep decent people.

ThornWithin81
06-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Bitter much? It's stupid that he did it but I seriously doubt he just lost "a bunch" of listeners.

GIDP
06-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Bitter much? It's stupid that he did it but I seriously doubt he just lost "a bunch" of listeners.

I'm sure he just ticked off a lot of people, not exactly a good thing when your job involves having as many listeners as possible.

texasdave
06-18-2010, 07:02 PM
What is the point of doing something so nonsensical?

The Voice of IH
06-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Listening to 700 WLW Baseball talk these past couple weeks have been sickening. they have no idea how to cover a winning team, and they are not used to people caring about what they say, rumors or not. it is one pathetic joke after another. It really is a shame.

gedred69
06-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Sports radio hosts here are pathetic. At least when it comes to the Reds, so expect no better for any other sport-----------------------------------. Other than marquee draft choices they know nothing of minor leaguers. They give us no real insight on what might be in the works because they are either too lame, or no Reds official has any respect for any of them to say much. These guys pontificate forever exercising extreme mental maturbation. I turned on the radio in the middle of McAssitor's gambit, and foolishly bought it. Can't say they lost a listener, as I only listen when they have somebody of interest on, otherwise just a few minutes...l

BurgervilleBuck
06-18-2010, 10:14 PM
He does sports talk now that they are cheap and cant keep decent people.

Ah. I stopped listening when most of his shows consisted of drooling over Valerie Abati, geeking on "24", and talking about his kids. Seriously, guy, it's a sports talk show. Who cares?

Jerry Narron
06-18-2010, 10:19 PM
How exactly did this play out? Earlier this afternoon I received a call from my dad saying Eddie Fingers of the "Eddie and Tracy Show" talking about a press conference with Jocketty at 6:30 this evening. I turned on the radio at that time and didn't hear anything.

Can't beleive I fell for one of WLW's "stunts". I've recently stopped listening to Eddie and Tracy and now I'll probably stop listening to Lance. WLW is rapidly becoming a joke, especially with all the fake callers.

nkukevin
06-18-2010, 10:53 PM
I also got tricked. I don't like listening to him normally but I was stuck at work so I figured it was better than nothing. I was wrong.

He announced it as straight as you could. I was so pumped. Frankly, I made an idiot out of myself going around and telling everyone. Then I really felt stupid when I had to go around telling people it wasn't true. I don't listen to radio to be embarrassed.

What a joke of a radio show.

lidspinner
06-18-2010, 10:54 PM
got me....I even rushed to call my father to tell him....gotta say I did laugh about it afterwards. Let me ask ya GIDP, are you mad at Lance for making this up or are you mad that you posted it on here so quick only to be false info?

I see your point of being mad at him, but it was funny.....and no way in heck does he lose more than a few listeners because of that stunt. I am laughing at myself for calling my dad, I am laughing at you for posting it 3 seconds after he said it.....let it go and lets laugh at it. I am.

GIDP
06-18-2010, 11:34 PM
got me....I even rushed to call my father to tell him....gotta say I did laugh about it afterwards. Let me ask ya GIDP, are you mad at Lance for making this up or are you mad that you posted it on here so quick only to be false info?

I see your point of being mad at him, but it was funny.....and no way in heck does he lose more than a few listeners because of that stunt. I am laughing at myself for calling my dad, I am laughing at you for posting it 3 seconds after he said it.....let it go and lets laugh at it. I am.

I think its irresponsible for any type of guy in the media business to pull what he pulled. If I wouldnt have posted I'd still be just as annoyed, because hes in a business where trust is kind of important. Last thing you want to do is go an tick off your listeners, and I'm sure he really annoyed a lot of them.

Vottomatic
06-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Haha. Made you all look stupid.

Gotta love it. ;)

COM2010
06-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Maybe he's on the way out, and thought he would try and pull as much crap as he could.

The Voice of IH
06-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Maybe he's on the way out, and thought he would try and pull as much crap as he could.

LOL, If that is the case, 700 will not look like 700. McConnell is gone, Cunningham was thinking of leaving, McCallister...that would have been 3 everyday starters :p:

GIDP
06-19-2010, 02:05 PM
McConnel left because someone wanted him, Cunningham almost left because someone else wanted him.

Im not sure Mcallister is wanted anywhere else.

nkukevin
06-19-2010, 02:09 PM
McConnel left because someone wanted him, Cunningham almost left because someone else wanted him.

Im not sure Mcallister is wanted anywhere else.

Maybe he is auditioning to debate Skip Bayless on 1st and 10. He'd fit right in.

bgwilly31
06-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Man i was literally screaming in my car yesterday. Bumped as hell.

Then he said "Wouldnt that be nice if it were true"

I was mad that the reds really didnt, but i laughed at him.

Vottomatic
06-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Just reporting on 1530 Homer.

Alonso, Travis Wood, and Chris Heisey.

The only way I do that deal is if the Reds are allowed to pre-negotiate a long term deal with Cliff Lee, can get him to sign, and they are willing to spend the $$$ to begin with. Because I hate giving up top prospects for a short rental.

Also, it has to happen soon if it is a rental because we'd need to get as many starts as possible out of him.

I can't see it happening. But can you imagine the stunned look on the faces of Cards and Cubs fans, players, managers if we did pull it off? :thumbup: