PDA

View Full Version : Where are Marty and Jeff?

UPRedsFan
06-18-2010, 11:16 PM
I've been watching mlbtv and haven't listened to the radio much this year but it seems whenever I tune in, Marty is off. Is he skipping certain roadtrips this year? Having health problems? Anyone hear the story?

BigPoppa
06-19-2010, 07:05 PM
I think Marty has 35-40 built-in days off every year. You may just be happening to tune in on his off series. I haven't heard of any health problems.

Cowboy goes over to TV when Welsh takes a break.

jhc2010
06-19-2010, 09:55 PM
I think Marty has 35-40 built-in days off every year.It's less than that. He works about 140 of the 162.

AintlifeGrande
06-19-2010, 10:33 PM
I wonder how many games Vin Scully takes off?

HalMorrisRules
06-19-2010, 11:14 PM
I wonder how many games Vin Scully takes off?

Wow, you are right. Marty is clearly less of a man than Vin. The nerve of the guy.

double21d
06-20-2010, 12:54 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think Vin Scully travels with the Dodgers...I think he only does home games.

arkimadee
06-20-2010, 03:24 PM
lol i think I'm the only person on earth that hates to listen to Vin Scully games. I prefer interaction between commentators and Vin is just a one man show. I agree that he is a hall of famer and is awesome at what he does, but I think he needs a color guy by his side. Maybe it would be different if I grew up listening to him or something.

dougflynn23
06-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Vin Scully does home games and road games within the NL West. He also does select series such as the Dodgers first trip into new Busch Stadium and went to New York & Boston at least once for interleague play.

nmichave
07-22-2010, 01:41 PM
I was wondering the same thing about Marty's health. He NEVER used to miss a game in the old days. I hate it when Marty takes off. I personally really like Brantley, but his broadcasting skills need alot of work. And Kelch is good, but I just don't care for his delivery.

Moosie52
07-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Marty is 67 years old. Give the guy a break. This season the Reds have mixed the broadcasters up more than last year. One night I heard Chris Welsh doing play by play on the radio. I don't ever remember that before. Now that George is gone, they are more flexible.

double21d
07-22-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Vin Scully either. He calls a great game as the action is happening...otherwise it just feels like he is reading the media guide to me...probably because he is.

Reds
07-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I love Vin Scully, great story-teller. He doesn't raise his voice, but I think he has great voice inflection. Epic broadcaster.

If I had to pick one man to do one last game for me, it would be Scully broadcasting Dodgers-Reds.

double21d
07-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Watching the Reds on the Extra Innings package, I get to see lots of the broadcast teams from around the league. Although I'm not a big fan, in no way is Scully the worst in the league. That would go to the Nationals team of Dibble and Bob Carpenter.

I like the team of Thom Brennaman and Chris Welsh out of all the TV combos we can have.
The best non-Reds team to me is the Giants.
I haven't heard Dick Enberg in the booth for the Padres yet this year but I would imagine he would be pretty good.