PDA

View Full Version : Is this why the Reds lost out on signing Michael Inoa?

COM2010
06-19-2010, 07:11 PM
"This is why Michael Inoa signed with the A's over the Reds and Rangers. Inoa and his family felt Oakland had a better pitching development program and therefore signed with Oakland."

That's a partial quote from the following URL:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-11-general-discussions/199217-overall-rating-potential-rating-whats-point.html

If true, it ticks me off as a Reds fan because I have been under the impression that the pitching development system has gotten a lot better over the past 5 years.

GIDP
06-19-2010, 07:13 PM
"This is why Michael Inoa signed with the A's over the Reds and Rangers. Inoa and his family felt Oakland had a better pitching development program and therefore signed with Oakland."

That's a partial quote from the following URL:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-11-general-discussions/199217-overall-rating-potential-rating-whats-point.html

If true, it ticks me off as a Reds fan because I have been under the impression that the pitching development system has gotten a lot better over the past 5 years.

That was a few years ago and most people feel it also has to do with the park.

COM2010
06-19-2010, 07:17 PM
That was a few years ago and most people feel it also has to do with the park.

That would be a much more fair reason why. Kind of a chicken [crap] way for the Inoa family to go about picking a team. ;)

lidspinner
06-20-2010, 09:52 AM
That would be a much more fair reason why. Kind of a chicken sh** way for the Inoa family to go about picking a team. ;)

Id say its a smart way to go about picking a team....who wants to pitch in a cracker jack box? Be real here, would you rather pitch here? or Petco? Here? or Seattle? your paid by what your stats say your worth so why not give yourself the best chance to have good stats.

NorrisHopper30
06-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Oakland is famous for their pitchers over the past decade what's wrong with him choosing Oakland over us?

The Voice of IH
06-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Oakland is famous for their pitchers over the past decade what's wrong with him choosing Oakland over us?

That Part :D

Billy_Bearcat
06-20-2010, 11:42 PM
The Reds aren't exactly pros at developing pitchers.

bshall2105
06-21-2010, 12:24 AM
The Reds aren't exactly pros at developing pitchers.

I don't know I think that evry pro team in the pros are pros at developing pitchers or they wouldn't have a job.