PDA

View Full Version : 6/19- Reds @ Mariners

Pages : 1 [2]

WVRedsFan
06-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Kind of sad, but expected. Maybe things will turn around and maybe not, but the team needs help and I sure hope Walt is on the phones.

CTA513
06-20-2010, 01:28 AM
back to back easy days for the Mariners bullpen.

Reds Fanatic
Check swing single to left for Votto.

redsfandan
Kind of sad, but expected. Maybe things will turn around and maybe not, but the team needs help and I sure hope Walt is on the phones.
I'm hoping the reports on Volquez and Bray are legit. Those could be the biggest additions to this team.

Reds Fanatic
06-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Rolen flies out to left. 2 out.

Reds Fanatic
06-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Wild pitch moves Votto to 2nd.

Reds Fanatic
06-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Gomes strikes out. Reds lose 5-1. 2nd straight CG against the Reds. Reds are 1.5 games behind STL.

Spring~Fields
06-20-2010, 01:34 AM
:(

Bring back Pittsburgh, Houston, Cleveland, and Milwaukee

WVRedsFan
06-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Fudge.

I hate interleague games.

Surely we'll come back tomorrow. Surely.

HeatherC1212
06-20-2010, 01:35 AM
The luck has to swing back our way sometime soon. It just isn't fair that the Reds have gotten all these top pitchers all in a row. Odds are good for that, right? I do try to be positive about this team (and for the record, I do think this team has a ton more potential than past teams) but when they keep facing Cy Young incarnated for most of their opponents, it just gets frustrating to watch. :(

BTW-Anyone else think, Harang, a notorious flyball pitcher, may actually pitch a solid game tomorrow in Safeco? This ballpark will be much more forgiving than GABP and I think he could pitch a really great game for the Reds tomorrow.

TheNext44
06-20-2010, 01:36 AM
His line looks bad, but I was impressed by LeCure tonight. He was solid for 5 2/3 innings and like so many young pitchers, got burned as he started to tire.

I think he can be a better than average #5 starter for the rest of the season or longer, and could be really successful in long relief in the pen.

TheNext44
06-20-2010, 01:38 AM
:(

Bring back Pittsburgh, Houston, Cleveland, and Milwaukee

The Mariners are not any better than any of thoses teams. Neither are the Royals. It's not the competition. :(

Ron Madden
06-20-2010, 01:40 AM
The M's looked more like the team fighting for first place and the Reds looked more like the team 12 1/2 games back their division these past two games.

redsfandan
06-20-2010, 01:42 AM
The luck has to swing back our way sometime soon. It just isn't fair that the Reds have gotten all these top pitchers all in a row. Odds are good for that, right? I do try to be positive about this team (and for the record, I do think this team has a ton more potential than past teams) but when they keep facing Cy Young incarnated for most of their opponents, it just gets frustrating to watch. :(

BTW-Anyone else think, Harang, a notorious flyball pitcher, may actually pitch a solid game tomorrow in Safeco? This ballpark will be much more forgiving than GABP and I think he could pitch a really great game for the Reds tomorrow.
Frustrating? Oh yeah. But I think a rough patch was expected.

Good point on Harang. We'll need a good game from him tomorrow.

His line looks bad, but I was impressed by LeCure tonight. He was solid for 5 2/3 innings and like so many young pitchers, got burned as he started to tire.

I think he can be a better than average #5 starter for the rest of the season or longer, and could be really successful in long relief in the pen.
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing what LeCure can do in the bullpen.

Spring~Fields
06-20-2010, 01:46 AM
The Mariners are not any better than any of thoses teams. Neither are the Royals. It's not the competition. :(

They were tonight and last night.

HeatherC1212
06-20-2010, 01:49 AM
Their starting pitchers were tonight and last night.

Fixed that for you.

Spring~Fields
06-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Fixed that for you.

Thanks Heather, you got it right. :)

traderumor
06-20-2010, 10:08 AM
The M's looked more like the team fighting for first place and the Reds looked more like the team 12 1/2 games back their division these past two games.Top flight pitching will make a team look lackadaisical and lifeless. If you can't get on base, nothing happens in this game. Great pitchers on their game will always dominate hitting, good or bad. Always has, always will.

traderumor
06-20-2010, 10:10 AM
I have a beef to pick with Ramon Hernandez. Repeatedly, he calls for the purpose high pitch by either standing up or holding his glove high. Nearly every time he does, the pitch gets hammered. He had no sooner signaled for the high pitch last night than that scrub hammered the pitch out to left.

Hey Ramon, stop calling for that pitch, it gets your pitchers in trouble most of the time.

jojo
06-20-2010, 10:28 AM

True talentwise, the Ms are probably an 82-85 win team when healthy. They just ran two of the best starting pitchers in the majors to the mound in back to back games.

Losing the last two is dissapointing but maybe not really cause for panic.

lollipopcurve
06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
True talentwise, the Ms are probably an 82-85 win team when healthy. They just ran two of the best starting pitchers in the majors to the mound in back to back games.

Losing the last two is dissapointing but maybe not really cause for panic.

Agreed on Lee and Hernandez. Tough to beat either of those guys, especially in Seattle.

As far as reckoning "true" talent, no one can seriously lay claim to knowing a team's "true" talent over the course of a 162 game season, especially when using iffy metrics like we have for defensive play. There are way too many guesses involved to drape one's calculation with such a high-minded mantle as truth.

jojo
06-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Agreed on Lee and Hernandez. Tough to beat either of those guys, especially in Seattle.

As far as reckoning "true" talent, no one can seriously lay claim to knowing a team's "true" talent over the course of a 162 game season, especially when using iffy metrics like we have for defensive play. There are way too many guesses involved to drape one's calculation with such a high-minded mantle as truth.

At this point, projection systems have too much credibility to give this notion much credence.

Sea Ray
06-20-2010, 04:06 PM
At this point, projection systems have too much credibility to give this notion much credence.

One projection system I've no longer believe is the park adjustment factors. I've seen at least five HRs lost in Safeco's abyss this weekend. I just don't buy this half run or so difference between the parks. There is a huge difference between Safeco and GABP.

TheNext44
06-20-2010, 04:36 PM

I agree that the Mariners should be good this year, but their injuries just don't explain their record. I was just wondering, since you've seen more their games than most of us, if you could pinpoint what has gone wrong. I personally am baffled. They have a good team that is well built for their ballpark. It just doesn't add up.

jojo
06-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I agree that the Mariners should be good this year, but their injuries just don't explain their record. I was just wondering, since you've seen more their games than most of us, if you could pinpoint what has gone wrong. I personally am baffled. They have a good team that is well built for their ballpark. It just doesn't add up.

Its a combination of injuries, bad decisions (punting DH when the lineup was already goiing to be challenged bit for example), and several fey players just starting by significantly underperforming.

nate
06-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Chat is open and good for your digestive system!

TheNext44
06-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Its a combination of injuries, bad decisions (punting DH when the lineup was already goiing to be challenged bit for example), and several fey players just starting by significantly underperforming.

I forgot about the DH and Jr. Well, at least the M's can get some good talent for Lee. I'd focus on MLB ready hitters if I were them. They should be much better next year.

Sea Ray
06-21-2010, 03:53 AM
I forgot about the DH and Jr. Well, at least the M's can get some good talent for Lee. I'd focus on MLB ready hitters if I were them. They should be much better next year.

I think M's fans will be disappinted in what they can get for Lee. They didn't give up much to get Lee so why would he be worth more now that he's only a 3-4 mo rental

Redsfan320
10-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Just thought I'd bump this up. Funnest game thread of the year for me. GTs got crappy about a month later.

jojo
10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Just thought I'd bump this up. Funnest game thread of the year for me. GTs got crappy about a month later.

This was actually a kind of sad thread in that the Reds got swept this series. Lee and Felix back to back...that's tough.....

Redsfan320
10-25-2010, 09:06 PM
This was actually a kind of sad thread in that the Reds got swept this series. Lee and Felix back to back...that's tough.....

Oh yeah. Crappy games. Just a fun thread.