PDA

View Full Version : Small, odd question about Joey Votto

Cedric
06-20-2010, 10:05 PM
First I want to say I'm not bashing the best player on our team at all. Just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this before? I've noticed that Votto has swung at the 1st pitch in literally every at bat for three weeks. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? It's the oddest thing I can remember in a long time.

kaldaniels
06-20-2010, 10:14 PM
I intially posted something sarcastic, but I'll just say this. Your claim is incorrect.

Cedric
06-20-2010, 10:53 PM
I intially posted something sarcastic, but I'll just say this. Your claim is incorrect.

You can post whatever you like. I was a little sarcastic myself with the "literally" part. I do think it's at least 90% of his at bats he is swinging at any first pitch. Does it really matter with the way he is swinging? Probably not, just odd.

kaldaniels
06-20-2010, 10:56 PM
You can post whatever you like. I was a little sarcastic myself with the "literally" part. I do think it's at least 90% of his at bats he is swinging at any first pitch. Does it really matter with the way he is swinging? Probably not, just odd.

Again. Incorrect. Sorry but go back and look at the numbers.

Cedric
06-20-2010, 10:58 PM

Be nice and show me the percentages if you have them handy. Thanks in advance.

kaldaniels
06-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Be nice and show me the percentages if you have them handy. Thanks in advance.

Unofficially I have him taking the first pitch 12 times going back to last Sunday vs the Royals.

Cedric
06-20-2010, 11:06 PM

Thur, Fri, and today he swung at the first pitch every time but once. Other games this week were 50/50 so you were right. When you see such a great player do that for a few games it plays with your mind ha.

ochre
06-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Votto was the guy that put up absolutely atrocious numbers when O'Brien had his take until you get a strike rule going.