PDA

View Full Version : AZL Reds roster

OnBaseMachine
06-22-2010, 12:11 AM
The AZL Reds roster is finally up - there are 33 players listed so a few of these players probably aren't really on the team or are on the DL.

Pitchers:

Jose Amezcua, RHP
Po Cheng-Chi, RHP
Mitchell Clarke, LHP
Carlos Contreras, RHP
Jonathan Correa, RHP
Nathan Driessen, LHP
Ismael Guillon, LHP
Evan Hildenbrandt, RHP
Matthew Leonard, LHP
Kyle Lotzkar, RHP
Jose Marizan, LHP
El'Hajj Muhammad, RHP
Raul Rodriguez, RHP
Stephen Smith, RHP
Daryl Thompson, RHP

Catchers:

Yovan Gonzalez
William Harford
Danny Vicioso

Infielders:

Junior Arias
Miguel Chacoa
Dominin D'Anna
Danny Hernandez
Derrick Lowery
Robert Maddox
Adam Muenster
Mauricio Pimentel
Cristobal Rodriguez
David Stewart

Outfielders:

Ayeudi Felipe
Stephen Hunt
Kurtis Muller
Juan Silva
Jeff Taylor

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=3430

redsof72
06-22-2010, 12:45 AM
You have some players there that should dominate at that level. Maddox led the MAC in home runs. Muller had a very strong year in the Big Ten. Muenster had a great year in a strong D1 conference.

They slotted Maddox and Muller behind the four young outfielders in Billings even though both of those guys are certainly better players at this stage than any of the four guys in Billings. We knew Yorman would go to Billings but I am surprised about Duran, Read, and Bowe.

corkedbat
06-22-2010, 01:59 AM
You have some players there that should dominate at that level. Maddox led the MAC in home runs. Muller had a very strong year in the Big Ten. Muenster had a great year in a strong D1 conference.

They slotted Maddox and Muller behind the four young outfielders in Billings even though both of those guys are certainly better players at this stage than any of the four guys in Billings. We knew Yorman would go to Billings but I am surprised about Duran, Read, and Bowe.

They've got Maddox listed as an INF. Are they moving him to 1B?

icehole3
06-22-2010, 08:00 AM
good to see Hildenbrandt and Lotzkar names again

nemesis
06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
good to see Hildenbrandt and Lotzkar names again

Have to agree. Was looking at Lotzkar's player page last night. There was alot of talent in that arm. I hope it's still there. If it is, just makes the farm system that much stronger.

redsof72
06-22-2010, 02:39 PM
I think you will see Lotzkar make some starts in Dayton before the end of this season if he stays healthy.

lollipopcurve
06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
I think you will see Lotzkar make some starts in Dayton before the end of this season if he stays healthy.

Mighty big if, given his history.

OnBaseMachine
06-22-2010, 07:05 PM
It's hard to believe Kyle Lotzkar is still only 20 years old. It seems like he's been around forever. Here's to hoping he makes a full recovery because he had a huge arm and was pitching well before the elbow problems popped up. As a 17 and 18 year old, he posted the following numbers between the GCL Reds, Billings, and Dayton: 66.2 IP, 51 H, 5 HR, 34 BB, 86 K, 11.6 K/9, and 3.38 ERA.

That 11.6 K/9 as a 17/18 year old is ridiculously good. It shows just how good his stuff was before the injury. If he can regain his stuff and remain healthy, he immediately becomes one of the more interesting prospects in the system.

GIDP
06-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I'll echo that OBM. Lotzkar seems to have been around longer than Daryl Thompson to me. Crazy that hes still only 20.

nemesis
06-22-2010, 08:20 PM
He is a Fastball/Curveball guy right?

dougdirt
06-22-2010, 09:05 PM
He is a Fastball/Curveball guy right?

He was. I talked to him after he broke his arm and he said that the Reds were thinking of taking away his curveball because of the injury. After that he then tore his elbow up, so I don't know where his repertoire stands right now.

nemesis
06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
He was. I talked to him after he broke his arm and he said that the Reds were thinking of taking away his curveball because of the injury. After that he then tore his elbow up, so I don't know where his repertoire stands right now.

Underhand Knuckle? LMAO...

HokieRed
06-23-2010, 12:11 AM

Maybe move him to slider/cutter; might be a little less torque. Have to do something with him, as you could see in his earliest videos he was an injury waiting to happen. I, too, hope he and Hildenbrandt are sound and can pick it back up; still think they're serious prospects if sound.