PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea with KC

schroomytunes
06-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Royals trade:

1)Scott Posednik-can play either LF/CF for us and give us a true leadoff hitter with speed thus allowing Cabrera to bat in the 7th spot, and letting Stubbs become the 4th OF.

2)Kyle Farnsworth-helps to stabilize the middle relief thus making Rhodes and Masset more effective with hopefully less use.

-The Royals shed some salary in this deal as Posednik makes 1.6mil and Farnsworth is 4.5mil, but both are not in the Royals future.

Reds trade:

1)Chris Heisey-is essentially the odd man out in our young outfield, he's deserving of more playing time, but would be a valuable trading chip.

2)Carlos Fisher-has the tools to be an effective MR but lacks consistancy, though still young.

3)Matt Maloney-ceiling is a back of rotation guy, but is far down the depth chart in our organization, would be a nice addition to a young team with holes to fill.

--The Reds get 2 players while adding minimal salary to help push the division leading Cards, while waiting for the return of Bailey, Chapman, and Volquez to bolster the pitching!!

Scrap Irony
06-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Heisey is better than Podsdenick at this point in their respective careers, as is Stubbs.

Maloney is also a better pitcher than is Farnsworth, at this point in their respective careers.

So the Reds pay $6 million and get worse?

OnBaseMachine
06-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Heisey is better than Podsdenick at this point in their respective careers, as is Stubbs.

Maloney is also a better pitcher than is Farnsworth, at this point in their respective careers.

So the Reds pay $6 million and get worse?

Agreed. This deal doesn't make any sense for the Reds.

RedsManRick
06-22-2010, 12:06 PM
No way would I do that.

Heisey > Podsednik already. Heisey is a better defender (Pods can only play CF insofar as you can put anybody whereever you want to...) and Pods has basically no power. He's a LF who hits like a mediocre SS or CF. If you want to pick up a LF from the Royals Dejesus (or Alex Gordon) should be your target.

As for Farnsworth, he doesn't belong in the same paragraph as the word
"stabilize". Talent wise, he'd be an ok upgrade, but he's a total head case. If we could get him for Fisher alone, that might make some sense.

Johnny Footstool
06-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Farnsworth is terrible. Just terrible.

PuffyPig
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Royals trade:

1)Scott Posednik-can play either LF/CF for us and give us a true leadoff hitter with speed thus allowing Cabrera to bat in the 7th spot, and letting Stubbs become the 4th OF.

There is little to nothing that Posednik does better than Stubbs. It simply makes us worse in virtually every respect.

Sea Ray
06-22-2010, 03:58 PM
No way would I do that.

Heisey > Podsednik already. Heisey is a better defender (Pods can only play CF insofar as you can put anybody whereever you want to...) and Pods has basically no power. He's a LF who hits like a mediocre SS or CF. If you want to pick up a LF from the Royals Dejesus (or Alex Gordon) should be your target.

As for Farnsworth, he doesn't belong in the same paragraph as the word
"stabilize". Talent wise, he'd be an ok upgrade, but he's a total head case. If we could get him for Fisher alone, that might make some sense.

Well put.

My only question is how do folks dream up these kind of deals???

edabbs44
06-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Farnsworth is terrible. Just terrible.

Pitching well this year. I'd take a flyer on him if the price was right.

Plus Plus
06-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Insert Soria in place of Farnsworth and I would be much more interested...

Puffy
06-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Geez, I saw Royals and I thought DeJesus. Posednik - blech. Actually, double blech.

toledodan
06-22-2010, 08:22 PM
somehow that team managed to beat us 5 out of the last 6. that being said outside of their ace and closer i'm not interested.

Will M
06-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Royals trade:

2)Kyle Farnsworth-helps to stabilize the middle relief thus making Rhodes and Masset more effective with hopefully less use.

-The Royals shed some salary in this deal as Posednik makes 1.6mil and Farnsworth is 4.5mil, but both are not in the Royals future.

Reds trade:

1)Chris Heisey-is essentially the odd man out in our young outfield, he's deserving of more playing time, but would be a valuable trading chip.

2)Carlos Fisher-has the tools to be an effective MR but lacks consistancy, though still young.

3)Matt Maloney-ceiling is a back of rotation guy, but is far down the depth chart in our organization, would be a nice addition to a young team with holes to fill.

--The Reds get 2 players while adding minimal salary to help push the division leading Cards, while waiting for the return of Bailey, Chapman, and Volquez to bolster the pitching!!

Sorry Schroomytoons I am going to have to pile on with the 'no' crowd.

I have never been a fan of Posednik. I believe he can't really play CF which limits his usefullness.

As to Farnsworth he is having a nice year after a few bad ones. From the Royals standpoint he has negative trade value due to his big contract.
I would be in favor of trading for him under the following scenario: the Royals pay most/all his salary & we give them two A ball players. Sort of the deal we made last year with Weathers in reverse. Even though guys like Smith & Ondrusek have been pitching well I wouldn't mind another bullpen arm.

RedEye
06-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Why trade for Scott Podsednik when you have already signed Gary Matthews Jr. to a minor league contract?

Oh! I know! So that you can line up starting OF of Gomes-Pods-Matthews! (Okay, I just threw up in my mouth).

Seriously though, I don't think the Reds should be on the market for an OF. I'm with those who have already said that the Royals have two real trade targets--Greinke and Soria. I might at Billy Butler to the list--but he wouldn't have a place to play on the Reds.