PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the ending of the Angels/Dodger game last night?

GIDP
06-24-2010, 03:49 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=9295771&query=game_pk%3D264736

Check this out. How Fuentes doesnt balk I do not know, and how Russel Martin was called out I equally dont know.

If I was Dodgers players I would be furious.

DaytonFlyer
06-24-2010, 04:19 PM
That was make up for the Dodgers for that horrific strike 3 call on Rolen last week.

No sympathy here.

bgwilly31
06-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I hate the dodgers so im laughing.

But that was terrible on the umpires.

Thats a balk and a half. The rule is what once you make a motion home you must throw home.

Well i would say his little kick extension is a motion home. It has to be a balk.

And the runner was safe at 2nd. Good post though i hadnt seen that play.

GIDP
06-24-2010, 04:39 PM
I think the biggest balk part of that is that he actually jumps and removes his foot from the rubber.

Vottomatic
06-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Terrible non-balk call.

And the guy overrunning second and being thrown out from the outfield was definitely safe.

I hate the Dodgers. But I hate the Phillies too. Dodgers definitely got screwed.

The Voice of IH
06-24-2010, 05:03 PM
lol at the random Philly hate...they are playing LAA.

sivman17
06-24-2010, 10:37 PM
wow... wtf were those umps thinking? that was just awful... i don't like the dodgers, either, but wowww, that's terrible

Griffey012
06-25-2010, 08:29 AM
What I found more weird is that the base runner didn't argue a balk and nobody from the dugout came out to argue a balk. I thought that was a balk as much as the rest of you...I would have never thought of trying a move like that when I was a pitcher. Is there some weird rule about picking off to 2nd base that I don't know about?

bgwilly31
06-25-2010, 12:06 PM
What I found more weird is that the base runner didn't argue a balk and nobody from the dugout came out to argue a balk. I thought that was a balk as much as the rest of you...I would have never thought of trying a move like that when I was a pitcher. Is there some weird rule about picking off to 2nd base that I don't know about?

yeah i was surprised of that as well.

I thought part of a balk call is being deceptive.

I wouldnt think a pitcher is a loud to change his normal wind up and do jive turkeys with his striding leg to fool the runner.

Griffey012
06-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Pretty good examination of the play here...http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/was-fuentess-move-a-balk/