PDA

View Full Version : A question about catchers

flash
06-24-2010, 07:16 PM
I was wondering about all the catchers at Louisville right now. Just what talent level are they at:
Jake Long seems to have impressive stats, but he never plays. I checked his minor league record and it seems the same. Never plays wherever he he, but he puts up decent numbers. Does anyone know anything about him. He is also only 23 which seems strange to me

Chris Denove has been around a while. his numbers while not impressive seem all right. His fielding could definitely improve.

Then there is

Are either one of first two major league material? If not what are they doing at Louisville?

dougdirt
06-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Long has been released. Chris Denove is a bit old and while his offense hasn't been bad, given his age, until he does it at the MLB level, I will remain skeptical. I don't think he is viewed as MLB depth really.

GOYA
06-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Personally, I would rather have Denove in Cincy than Corky.

Castillo has been better this year than I expected but I expected very little.

lollipopcurve
06-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Personally, I would rather have Denove in Cincy than Corky.

Corky is an excellent receiver who knows how to work a pitcher and a hitter. He's been around and caught a lot of guys and seen a lot of hitters. Denove hasn't. This makes Miller far and away the better choice to be in the bigs.

mace
06-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Corky is an excellent receiver who knows how to work a pitcher and a hitter. He's been around and caught a lot of guys and seen a lot of hitters. Denove hasn't. This makes Miller far and away the better choice to be in the bigs.

I like Denove, but I have to agree with this. Corky's the man.

fearofpopvol1
06-25-2010, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing what Denove could do at the show, but with Hannigan almost ready to come back, that just doesn't make much sense. At least not for the Reds.