PDA

View Full Version : The Next Best Baseball Movie Ever Made

Scrap Irony
06-25-2010, 03:15 AM
I was reading in the Non-Baseball section of Redszone, when I came upon a quote by woy that said he hated most baseball movies. I've got one that he'll love.

It's going to be a biography piece about "Sam" Rice. Rice, HoF player with nearly 3000 hits but a past that no one ever suspected. His entire family died in a tornado before he played in the majors. He then became a solider, then, at a fairy advanced age, he decided to try baseball again. Great story.

If not that one, I think I may write one about Moe Berg, back-up catcher and Allied spy.

A good story about Mantle, based on his autobiography might be interesting, if only as a commentary about how we Americans build up, destroy, then build up again our heroes.

Anybody got one better?

oneupper
06-25-2010, 09:03 AM
The Sam Rice story, with all human aspects and "the catch" is a hard one to beat.

reds1869
06-25-2010, 12:44 PM
A truly great movie about Pete Rose would be welcome. Hu$tle just didn't cut it. Pete is such an intriguing, multi-dimensional man that a brilliant movie could be made about his life. As long as the director could avoid a specific agenda magic could happen.

westofyou
06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
A truly great movie about Pete Rose would be welcome. Hu$tle just didn't cut it. Pete is such an intriguing, multi-dimensional man that a brilliant movie could be made about his life. As long as the director could avoid a specific agenda magic could happen.

No movie about Pete could not involve the agenda, his fall from grace is the thing films are made of, if he had been able to climb back to the summit than I could see it being a good hollywood flick, but with the way it would end now would be depressing... unless of course they could work some ewoks in there, that woudl save it.

reds1869
06-25-2010, 12:55 PM
No movie about Pete could not involve the agenda, his fall from grace is the thing films are made of, if he had been able to climb back to the summit than I could see it being a good hollywood flick, but with the way it would end now would be depressing... unless of course they could work some ewoks in there, that woudl save it.

:thumbup: And perhaps some fireworks and a medal ceremony!

Scrap Irony
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Pete kinda looks like an Ewok.