PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who know Cincinnati

bornready
06-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi all, this is my first post here. Long time lurker, but now I have a question for anyone willing to answer. Where in Cincinnati can I go to find a good store full of Reds stuff? We are going to the games Sunday and Monday and I would love to find a place besides the stadium where I can get some apparel. Thanks for any help!

MWM
06-25-2010, 08:59 PM
The Reds Hall of Fame has a lot of stuff, but I imagine it's priced the same as the stadium. There used to be a Reds Dugout Shop in the the lobby of the on the hotel right across from fountain square (I think maybe it was Crowne Plaza). I'm not sure if this is still here.

There's also Cincy Shops in Tri-County Mall. It's also a bit pricey, but not as bad as the stadium. It's also about 15 miles north of downtown.

There may be more, but I'm not sure what they are. If you're looking for cheap, any Dick's is going to have a decent amount of Reds gear.

Joseph
06-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Koch's sporting goods is right down town near Tower Place mall. It's got a little of everything sports wise. T-shirts, jerseys, hats, etc etc etc.

bornready
06-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Ok, thanks to both of you. Price isnt too much of a concern, just selection. A couple years ago Cincinnati Mills was full of good stuff, but for some reason almost all the shops went out of business there?

reds1869
06-25-2010, 10:44 PM
I second Koch's. You will be able to choose from a good selection at fair prices.

Reds4Life
06-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Third Koch's. They have a good selection of stuff, including a lot of authentic jerseys, and it's downtown.

Cincinnati Mills is pretty much a waste land these days, not much left in there.

bornready
06-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Alright, thanks guys. I'll be sure to check out Koch's and The Cincy Shop!

macro
06-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Yes, what happened to Cincinnati Mills? It was a must-visit for us on our trips to Cincinnati, but the last time we were there (fall 2008) it was a depressing place. Any idea what the downfall was? It seemed like a happening place not too long ago.

:confused:

Along these same lines, what is the trendy new mall to go to in Cincinnati these days? In the 80s and 90s, it seemed to be Florence, but Mall Road is starting to show its age, as well.

dougdirt
06-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Yes, what happened to Cincinnati Mills? It was a must-visit for us on our trips to Cincinnati, but the last time we were there (fall 2008) it was a depressing place. Any idea what the downfall was? It seemed like a happening place not too long ago.

:confused:

Along these same lines, what is the trendy new mall to go to in Cincinnati these days? In the 80s and 90s, it seemed to be Florence, but Mall Road is starting to show its age, as well.

Kenwood and Tri County are the only ones I can think of without 30-50% of the stores empty.

UKFlounder
06-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Tower Place Mall in downtown has an "I love Cincy" shop that has some Reds stuff. It's not a huge selection and may not deserve a trip by itself, but if you go to Koch's and still want something more or different, it's probably worth the short walk (just about across the street) to see what they have.

Vottomatic
06-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Born Ready?

Shouldn't you be preparing to play for the Indiana Pacers? :D

bornready
06-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Born Ready?

Shouldn't you be preparing to play for the Indiana Pacers? :D
Haha I'm a pacers fan, and with me needing a username here, it just seemed like a good idea!

Vottomatic
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Haha I'm a pacers fan, and with me needing a username here, it just seemed like a good idea!

Do you get my joke?

UC's Lance Stephenson was nicknamed "Born Ready". He got drafted by the Pacers in this year's NBA draft.

http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lance-stephenson-dime.jpg

bornready
06-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Do you get my joke?

UC's Lance Stephenson was nicknamed "Born Ready". He got drafted by the Pacers in this year's NBA draft.

http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lance-stephenson-dime.jpg

of course i get it! i loved that pick at 40, and i also like his nickname, so it just fit :D

oh btw, thanks a lot for the suggestions! kochs was awesome, and the cincy shop was also. wow, i've never seen so many reds hats! that made for a tough decision on what to buy :)