PDA

View Full Version : Great oppertunity for the Reds

Magdal
06-26-2010, 03:32 AM
First let me say that I'm new around here and don't know what's appropriate....having said that I will plunge ahead: The Brews are dead....the Stro's are dead....the Cubs are dead too.

This is a 2 team race now....when I joined the site the Cards were 1 game ahead and have not played a .500 team since (well, Oakland was .500) and now the Reds have the lead.

There is no reason for this team that is the best hitting team in the NL not to step on the Card's neck.

Stop worrying about Dusty...he is no genius but he is no fool, either. Bet the farm that Cards lose tomorro....they will.

If the game was played on paper they would be 15 games over .500.....but the fact is that they have a skipper they hate, and a new batting coach, a bloated fool with a career BA of .260 that never laid down a bunt or went to the opposite field.

I can see these 2 teams going down to the wire in late September....Time for the Reds to get it done....Am I wrong?

Vottomatic
06-26-2010, 05:23 AM
Brewers have been playing well lately. But I still think their bullpen is horrific, and their starting pitching isn't as good as ours.

Cubs are a mess. I look for Lou to get fired in the second half and a possible shake up of that team.

Cards are overrated. They have 3 quality starting pitchers, Albert and Matt, and that's it.
Our starting pitching isn't quite as good as theirs, but almost as good. And most of our lineup is good.........not just 2 players.

I think we're the better team overall. But we'd better start proving it.

bgwilly31
06-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Reds problem as of now.

Is they go from "pretty hot" notice i didnt say blazing hot. To Absolutely bone chilling cold with a flick of a switch.

Got to get more consistent with the bats.

And then there is always the bullpen issue.

BigRed
06-26-2010, 12:13 PM
It should be an interesting race. Barring no big injuries, the Reds should be in it until the end. Hopefully they can add an important piece or two around the deadline. ie bullpen and leadoff.

Maker_84
06-26-2010, 01:05 PM
great post. The reds played some terrible ball for a little while there and only were behind a 1/2 game after it was all said and done. Our starting pitching doesn't come close to St Louis but the rest of our team is better. When Volquez comes back it will at least be comparable.