PDA

View Full Version : What is Travis Woods Trade Value

aubashbrother
06-26-2010, 01:21 PM
He seems to be one of our better chips to trade if we do trade him but what is his trade value. would u package him in a deal for say cliff lee who would only be a rental. Maybe go after Haren with him involved or do you trade him for another young player to fill a hole. maybe a ss like dee gordon or stephen drew

Kingspoint
06-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Knowing Harang will be gone shortly and that "starting" pitchers are always getting hurt (see Volquez, Bailey), I have no interest in trading Travis Wood. LeCure is also much older, as is Arroyo. I'm hoping Travis Wood is part of the Cincinnati rotation in 2012.

I don't think it's time to be dumping starting pitchers. It's not like we have a need at any other position to want to force a trade. You don't trade starting pitching for relief pitching, either.

Just let him keep starting down in AAA and these things will take care of themselves.

Though your suggestion of trading him for a Cliff Lee is a viable option and would make sense.

Vottomatic
06-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Off of Twitter:

Travis Wood since May 18th has posted this line: 1.62 ERA, 56 strikeouts and 11 walks in 55.2 innings.

muddie
06-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Trading Wood would be foolish. I know a lot of 'trades' come up here but I am in no hurry to move guys. It is the end of June and the Reds are in first place. Be patient.