PDA

View Full Version : No TV Tonight.............AGAIN!

arkimadee
06-26-2010, 04:18 PM
The Reds, once again will not be on tv for an Indians game. This new FOX rule about not letting local games air on tv so they can do a National game is just a pain in the butt. Also the Reds will not be on TV for the Wednesday Roy Halladay game (that could be a blessing though lol.) They weren't on local tv on Wednesday's A's game either.. This is getting annoying seeing that almost every other Franchise has all of their games televised.

GIDP
06-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I dont understand what Fox thinks blacking out the games do. Do they think that Cincinnati fans are now going to watch their game of the week instead of listening to the radio?

aceace
06-26-2010, 04:50 PM
At least you have FSO, I get only about 100 games on FSIN. I've listened to at least 20 games on the radio this year.

Vottomatic
06-26-2010, 06:05 PM
WLW and internet gametracker for me. :thumbup:

GIDP
06-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Seriously does Fox think they are making more money by blacking out every other game? I would think the advertising alone in those other towns would be more profitable. Then again I dont know how they work.

Instead I wont be watching either game and now just have to listen to the radio.

NeilHamburger
06-26-2010, 06:12 PM
The Reds broadcast 145, but it seems like they've already not broadcast about 15 games. That means that after Wed. they must be broadcasting pretty much everything on out.

I mean, they didn't broadcast Wed at Oakland, tonight and this Wednesday. It just seems like they've had a ton of afternoon day games this year. Tons more then usual all ready.

The Voice of IH
06-26-2010, 06:13 PM
I can tell you that I will not be watching any of the baseball game on FOX, they need to get over themselves

NeilHamburger
06-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Okay, by my count the Reds haven't broadcasted 11 games so far this year in the first 3 months after this Wednesday, there may be one or two I'm missing. That means in the remaining three months they will broadcast all but 6. So it looks like they're going to start doing some weekday day games or they're not playing nearly as many in the 2nd half.

But, from Wednesday on out they're pretty much doing everything.

AintlifeGrande
06-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Every year Selig says they are going to address the blackout rule in MLB.Yet nothing ever happens.

FlyerFanatic
06-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Every year Selig says they are going to address the blackout rule in MLB.Yet nothing ever happens.

selig is a joke, he cant get anything right

Kiss the Baby00
06-26-2010, 07:23 PM
what a ****ing joke. selig is a clown.

HalMorrisRules
06-26-2010, 08:30 PM
The Reds, once again will not be on tv for an Indians game. This new FOX rule about not letting local games air on tv so they can do a National game is just a pain in the butt. Also the Reds will not be on TV for the Wednesday Roy Halladay game (that could be a blessing though lol.) They weren't on local tv on Wednesday's A's game either.. This is getting annoying seeing that almost every other Franchise has all of their games televised.

I remember when we got 40 games a year (none ever at home) and we were thankful.
I remember when SportsChannel Ohio offered a chance to subscribe to Reds home games and we were thankful.
I remember when FSNOH carried 100 games and we were thankful.
Now we get 145 games, all in HD, and people cry out about the other 17.

BTW, Wednesday's game is on MLB Network.

HalMorrisRules
06-26-2010, 08:33 PM
And I wouldnt be surprised if Fox broadcast this weekend's game at night on purpose. They know the inter-league games hold an appeal that inner-league games do not so they probably try to optimize attendance by not broadcasting them tonight. Why do you think the Reds charge a surcharge for the Indians series. They now it is an in demand ticket with their in-state rival.

arkimadee
06-26-2010, 09:09 PM
I remember when we got 40 games a year (none ever at home) and we were thankful.
I remember when SportsChannel Ohio offered a chance to subscribe to Reds home games and we were thankful.

I'm an emotional guy.. I love to cry. I love to whine about these sorts of things. BTW i remember those days too but I'm now spoiled and I feel that the Indians game should be shown in its entirety. We live in an age in which we should get every game on tv without an exception. I pay too much for mlb broadcasts and mlb.com not to get all the Reds games.

The Voice of IH
06-27-2010, 08:42 PM

This is not the 1970's, It is time that every single sporting event be available at all times... :thisyear:

FlightRick
06-27-2010, 09:27 PM
I think I shall draw a line in the sand. See which side of it y'all want to stand on...

This is not the 1970's, It is time that every single sporting event be available at all times... :thisyear:

MLB's blackout restrictions are antiquated and stupid, and they really do need to get into the 21st Century with regards to this issue.

But to suggest that every sporting event ever should be available every time is the sort of face-punchable self-entitlement that makes me hate the vast majority of the ever-powerful 18-34 demographic (of which I am a part, though sometimes not-so-proudly).

Regardless of what the intarwebz and mobile devices lead you to believe: you are not special, you are not a valued micro-niche market-of-one, and you don't deserve to have whatever you want whenever you want just because you opted to roll out of bed today. Ignoring real people so you can txt with pretend people, and having all your TV shows on your iPod so you can watch them at anytime and at anyplace even if that place is WHILE YOU'RE FRICKING DRIVING, and all that nonsense can go die in a fire.

Since I loves me the Irony, it also goes without saying that another thing that can die in a fire is any moron with an internet connection getting to stand up in public and say whatever he thinks because he's just as smart as the next person and his opinion is valid as anyone else's. Ahem.

So anyway, my point: some things truly are out-of-date and idiotic and should be changed and upgraded, but some things are just normal and have no reason to change so long as you have anything resembling a sense of perspective. Just because one CAN (technologically-speaking) do a thing doesn't automatically mean you SHOULD do it. Much less do it nonstop like a completely insulated, disconnected hedonist.

End rant.

Rick

jhc2010
06-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Just because one CAN (technologically-speaking) do a thing doesn't automatically mean you SHOULD do it. Much less do it nonstop like a completely insulated, disconnected hedonist.Well it is completely idiotic not to be able to televise a SATURDAY NIGHT game to a local audience against your in-state rival when you are in first place for the first time in a really long time!

DirtyBaker
06-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Since I loves me the Irony, it also goes without saying that another thing that can die in a fire is any moron with an internet connection getting to stand up in public and say whatever he thinks because he's just as smart as the next person and his opinion is valid as anyone else's. Ahem.

Rick

What are you doing on a message board then if you hate opinions from us real people? Whos opinions are valid? The talking heads on TV?

FlightRick
06-28-2010, 12:13 AM
I believe you have the part of my post you took the time to quote in order to miscomprehend the meaning of the word "Irony." Or ignore my usage of it. It was kind of an important part of that little paragraph.

Either way: no, I'm not saying being-on-TV makes your opinion valid, either. Rather, I was conveying that mere access to any medium (be it TV, radio, or intarwebz) does not equate to having something worth saying. Granted, the internet is the worst at giving people a sense of entitlement due to its "democratization of intelligence," but don't think for one second that I'm giving Noted Short-Bus-Rider Tim McCarver any lee-way just because he's on the TV.

Rick

DirtyBaker
06-28-2010, 01:18 AM
No...I read the word irony. I construed it as: it's ironic that you're posting such an opinionated point when you are so opposed to the other poor opinions on the internet.

I quoted only that paragraph for brevity. I'd still ask the same question had I quoted the whole post.

So you're calling it ironic. I'd take it a step further and say it's hypocritical.

FlightRick
06-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Alrighty, then.... you READ the word "irony," but if you're equivocating it -- even tangentially -- with the concept of "hypocrisy," then you probably still don't really COMPREHEND the meaning of either. Theys ain'ts the sames. In this case, theys might even be opposites. Mutually exclusive, if youse wills.

But whatever. No biggie by me.

At least I was nice and tried to keep it "on topic" by making fun of Tim McCarver's cosmic worthlessness. So let's ignore my unique form of clever bastardry and get back to having fun with that general Topic Area: Tim McCarver is stupid even if he is on TV~! ... MLB blackout rules are truly one thing that is old, dumb, and needs to be changed for the betterment of mankind~! ... And people who feel genuinely entitled to 162 games of on-demand HD game coverage simply because they wanty are probably clueless twits who have failed at life~!

Wait, scratch that last one. I said I was trying to keep it clean and stay "on topic."

Rick

gilpdawg
06-28-2010, 11:11 AM
I got to watch the game Saturday. From my seat at the ballpark. :)

Reds
06-28-2010, 01:46 PM
And people who feel genuinely entitled to 162 games of on-demand HD game coverage simply because they wanty are probably clueless twits who have failed at life~!

The Nationals have 162 games broadcast in HD. I believe the Orioles also do, but don't quote me on that one.

Fon Duc Tow
06-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I see both sides here.

Blackout rules are out-of-date and need to be changed.

But the sense of entitlement people have today is much more irritating than the blackout rule.

So, part of me wants all 162 games in HD, on demand.

...the other part of me wants to go back to having 20 games on WLWT and that's it, just to punish the 20-somethings' waaay out of control sense of entitlement.

Kiss the Baby00
06-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I see both sides here.

Blackout rules are out-of-date and need to be changed.

But the sense of entitlement people have today is much more irritating than the blackout rule.

So, part of me wants all 162 games in HD, on demand.

...the other part of me wants to go back to having 20 games on WLWT and that's it, just to punish the 20-somethings' waaay out of control sense of entitlement.

being old and bitter sucks

Vottomatic
06-28-2010, 04:14 PM
[/B]

So does being young and clueless.

One of my favorite signs of all time said "Hire a teenager while they still know everything". :D

Fon Duc Tow
06-28-2010, 05:07 PM
[/B]

"Child, please..." :D

HalMorrisRules
06-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Well it is completely idiotic not to be able to televise a SATURDAY NIGHT game to a local audience against your in-state rival when you are in first place for the first time in a really long time!

As I said in an earlier quote, the Reds had, I believe, a $5 surcharge on tickets to the Indians series. If they do not televise the Saturday game then people, who otherwise might not come to the stadium, might do so and the Reds make more money. I am convinced that the decision to not televise was made (for that reason) by the Reds, not FSN.

As far as the afternoon games, if FSN felt they would make money, ie get ratings, I'm sure they would broadcast those also.

The Voice of IH
06-28-2010, 08:53 PM
I think I shall draw a line in the sand. See which side of it y'all want to stand on...

MLB's blackout restrictions are antiquated and stupid, and they really do need to get into the 21st Century with regards to this issue.

But to suggest that every sporting event ever should be available every time is the sort of face-punchable self-entitlement that makes me hate the vast majority of the ever-powerful 18-34 demographic (of which I am a part, though sometimes not-so-proudly).

Regardless of what the intarwebz and mobile devices lead you to believe: you are not special, you are not a valued micro-niche market-of-one, and you don't deserve to have whatever you want whenever you want just because you opted to roll out of bed today. Ignoring real people so you can txt with pretend people, and having all your TV shows on your iPod so you can watch them at anytime and at anyplace even if that place is WHILE YOU'RE FRICKING DRIVING, and all that nonsense can go die in a fire.

So anyway, my point: some things truly are out-of-date and idiotic and should be changed and upgraded, but some things are just normal and have no reason to change so long as you have anything resembling a sense of perspective. Just because one CAN (technologically-speaking) do a thing doesn't automatically mean you SHOULD do it. Much less do it nonstop like a completely insulated, disconnected hedonist.

End rant.

Rick

I disagree

FlightRick
06-28-2010, 09:48 PM
I disagree

We knew that already. Way to elaborate.

Rick

The Voice of IH
06-28-2010, 09:58 PM
We knew that already. Way to elaborate.

Rick

way to show the definition of OVERKILL :thumbup:

FlightRick
06-29-2010, 01:27 AM
way to show the definition of OVERKILL :thumbup:

Way to illustrate the defintion of DUH. Right down to the actual usage of an emoticon. Nee haw?

Can we just agree that not everybody is entitled to voice their (wrong) opinions in public, and that Tim McCarver is the funniest one to mock, already? Cuz really, of all the people who (wrongly) voice their opinions in public, he's the worst. Him, or Rob Dibble.

Let's keep it focused and on-topic, people....

Rick

DirtyBaker
06-29-2010, 03:46 AM
Way to illustrate the defintion of DUH. Right down to the actual usage of an emoticon. Nee haw?

Can we just agree that not everybody is entitled to voice their (wrong) opinions in public, and that Tim McCarver is the funniest one to mock, already? Cuz really, of all the people who (wrongly) voice their opinions in public, he's the worst. Him, or Rob Dibble.

Let's keep it focused and on-topic, people....

Rick

But why would you want to listen to our terrible opinions on this topic, O divine one?

FlightRick
06-29-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm no masochist, so no, I don't want to read anyone's terribly ill-formed opinions.

But I am a kind and benevolent sort who enjoys helping his fellow man by pointing out obvious flaws, and then sitting back in hopes of watching folks take the helpful/constructive criticism and turn it into much-improved and better-rounded thought processes that lead to top notch posts. My mockery of awfulness is not done for my amusement; it is done with the simple goal of bettering the awful.

You are welcome.

And please: I'm not divine.

Love,
The Merely Great One

jhc2010
06-30-2010, 04:34 AM
Good news! Since FOX added the Reds/Braves game next month, FSOhio has added a game to the schedule.

The Cincinnati @ Milwaukee game at 2:05 PM ET on Wednesday, June 28, which was originally scheduled to be radio only, has been added to the FSOhio schedule.

Mush
06-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Looking at the rest of the season's TV schedule it looks pretty good to me:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast/index.jsp?c_id=cin

The only games not on TV are midweek daytime ones. For those that work 'normal' hours this isn't too much of an issue at all.

I'm very happy with the coverage - keep it going FSOH!

ian_madden
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Good news! Since FOX added the Reds/Braves game next month, FSOhio has added a game to the schedule.

The Cincinnati @ Milwaukee game at 2:05 PM ET on Wednesday, June 28, which was originally scheduled to be radio only, has been added to the FSOhio schedule.

What?