PDA

View Full Version : Baker breaking it down!!

Captain Hook
06-27-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm really only starting this thread because I think it's worth mentioning that Dusty's doing a great job.I haven't been a Baker fan and hated the hiring.I've been very critical of many moves he's made with the Reds and have flat out called for him to be fired(not that anyone's listening).It's now safe to say that Dusty is doing his job very well this year despite a handful of things that we'd all like him to do differently but you'll have that with any manager.

So go ahead Dusty and do your thing!!!!!!:dancingco

http://www.fanfeedr.com/mlb/2010/06/26/dancin-dusty-baker

OnBaseMachine
06-27-2010, 01:31 AM
I saw that when they showed it on FSN Ohio Friday night. Good stuff.

Matt700wlw
06-27-2010, 02:00 AM
I've had my criticisms of Dusty, as we all have, but he's really done a hell of a job. He's a for sure manager of the year candidate at this point.

Falls City Beer
06-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Did they play the game in green hats?

Redsfan320
06-27-2010, 08:56 AM

Yep. They look AWFUL on the red.

Big Klu
06-27-2010, 11:51 AM

They should have worn St. Patrick's Day-style green uniforms like they wore back in the 70's and 80's.

VR
06-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Some of those comments on there are apparently from Redszoners :)

"stop dancing and start managing"
"dance your way to the unemployment line"

It is actually pretty amazing to see the manager bashing at RZ cease to an absolute halt. Good on Dusty.

Tom Servo
06-27-2010, 12:13 PM
It is actually pretty amazing to see the manager bashing at RZ cease to an absolute halt. Good on Dusty.
Winning will do that.

IowaRed
06-28-2010, 09:10 AM

I stopped "bashing" (which is the word many people use when they disagree) because I got really tired and bored of doing it but also because it's against the rules. IMO-Anybody who thinks there still isn't plenty to "bash" isn't really paying attention. Besides who wants everybody to feel the same way and agree all the time?

nate
06-28-2010, 09:39 AM
My opinion of him really hasn't changed. He's a good clubhouse guy and not a good baseball tactician. Dusty might be a slice of the winning pie but I guess I would have a hard time being sated by it.

top6
06-28-2010, 10:14 AM

I still think he's the worst manager I've ever seen manage the Reds. And if you do some sort of a cost/benefit analysis, it's not even close.

pahster
06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
I still think he's the worst manager I've ever seen manage the Reds. And if you do some sort of a cost/benefit analysis, it's not even close.

Really? Baker is worse than the guy who stole from some of his players (Dave Miley)?

westofyou
06-28-2010, 10:17 AM

While I understand not liking a guy,

Russ Nixon
Vern Rapp
Ray Knight
Dave Miley
Jerry Narron

All long for the success that Dancin Dustee has had as a manager (and likely player too)

top6
06-28-2010, 10:18 AM
While I understand not liking a guy,

Russ Nixon
Vern Rapp
Ray Knight
Dave Miley
Jerry Narron

All long for the success that Dancin Dustee has had as a manager (and likely player too)

And you even left out the guy who was betting on his team while managing them. And I still stand by my statement.

top6
06-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Really? Baker is worse than the guy who stole from some of his players (Dave Miley)?

I've never heard that. To what are you referring? (Am I forgetting some scandal here?)

westofyou
06-28-2010, 10:20 AM
And you even left out the guy who was betting on his team while managing them. And I still stand by my statement.
Aaaaa. forgot about him, loved Pete as a player, scratched my head often at him as manager.

Dusty is better than him as well

REDREAD
06-28-2010, 10:31 AM
I've never heard that. To what are you referring? (Am I forgetting some scandal here?)

This is the general story.

After Graves was dumped, one of the players (I think Dunn) had one of Graves' old Jersey's hanging up. Miley stole it and gave it to his wife to auction off.

Also, Miley stole Dunn's chair (see my avatar).

In both cases, if those items bothered Miley that much, he should've asked the player to remove them, instead of stealing them.

Chip R
06-28-2010, 11:14 AM
I think what I'm seeing from Dusty this year that I like is that he is less rigid than he used to be. It only took him a month to get Stubbs out of the leadoff spot. Cabrera was good for a while there but now that he's slumped, he's put Brandon there. He's not moving guys around in the lineup like Bob Boone did but in the past, Dusty would have the CF batting leadoff and the SS batting 2nd come hell or high water.

I mentioned this in the Leake thread but I also think Dusty has changed his ways when it comes to how hard to ride the young starters. Now whether he was the culprit for Prior's and Wood's injuries is up for debate. But he may have heard the criticisms so often that he has felt that he may have been partially responsible and that he doesn't want to go down that road again.