PDA

View Full Version : I hope we not only win at least 3 of 4 against the Cubs I hope the Reds CRUSH them.

GIDP
07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
No words can describe how much I hate the Cubs. I have a couple friends who are cubs fans and they are the most annoying people in the world to watch a ball game with. Great guys away from the sport but I want to just punch them in the face every time I talk Cubs and baseball with them.

I would love to see Wood dominate today. Just dominate the Cubs.

Seriously I mean like beat the cubs so bad it should be illegal.

I want Votto to hit 3 bombs in a game at some point.

I want Bruce to dent the brick.

I want Cueto to make Derek Lee look stupid on a called 3rd strike so Lee does the lean back move he does. I dont know if you guys know what im talking about but it annoys me.

Most of all I just want the Cubs to fall so far out of the race they further implode than they already have. They will look great sitting 13.5 games out by monday morning.

Fon Duc Tow
07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
As long as we win the series, that will be good with me.

cincyforever
07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Well, I like your passion ;)

redsfan_12
07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Nice post :beerme:

Cant Touch This
07-01-2010, 10:48 AM
AMEN to this. Destroy this inferior ball club and let the rest of the league know the Reds are not to be trifled with.

bounty37h
07-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Beat em like they owe us money. Beat em like they talked bout my momma. Beat em like they havent had a date in years.

Caveman Techie
07-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Beat em like they stood you're little sister up on a date.

Beat em like they stole you're rookie Johnny Bench baseball card.

:)

bounty37h
07-01-2010, 01:33 PM
^If I ever found out who did that, I would beat em!! I still have one Bench rookie, but my good condition one was stolen years ago, and I am still mad!
Beat em like they snitched on us! Beat em like they wont give us the secret info that will save the world. Beat em so bad they will be embarrased to ever come back to play, and just forfeit any future games. Beat em like they are the Cubs.

Jefferson24
07-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Beat em like they stole you're rookie Johnny Bench baseball card.

:)

I traded my Bench rookie for a 9mm about 10 years ago.

Caveman Techie
07-01-2010, 02:01 PM
I traded my Bench rookie for a 9mm about 10 years ago.

The question is, would you still make that trade today?

Jefferson24
07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
The question is, would you still make that trade today?

I think so, because I got a lot more for that card than it is worth today. Seems like the presence of ebay has devalued some of the older cards, especially the ones that aren't in excellent to mint condition.

Caveman Techie
07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I think so, because I got a lot more for that card than it is worth today. Seems like the presence of ebay has devalued some of the older cards, especially the ones that aren't in excellent to mint condition.

Yeah, but for a 9mm? I could see if it was for .45 or .40cal. ;)

texasdave
07-01-2010, 02:52 PM

You can probably cross this one off your list after that second-inning rocket off the bat of Jay Bruce.

The Voice of IH
07-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I want Cueto to make Derek Lee look stupid on a called 3rd strike so Lee does the lean back move he does. I dont know if you guys know what im talking about but it annoys me.

There is your lean back! 1st out of the bottom of the fourth, at 3:21 pm EST. (not form Cueto, but from the Rook) :beerme:

lidspinner
07-01-2010, 05:31 PM
we sure blasted the crap out of them in the HITS category. WOW, 16 hits. almost quad droupled them

defender
07-01-2010, 05:52 PM
If this Cubs still cared, today's loss would have been crushing.

Griffey012
07-01-2010, 09:52 PM
No words can describe how much I hate the Cubs. I have a couple friends who are cubs fans and they are the most annoying people in the world to watch a ball game with. Great guys away from the sport but I want to just punch them in the face every time I talk Cubs and baseball with them.

Most of all I just want the Cubs to fall so far out of the race they further implode than they already have. They will look great sitting 13.5 games out by monday morning.

Amen, brother. Everything about those "cute" cubbie uniforms, to their horribly ignorant and annoying fans. Awful stadium full of belligerent fools, and the fact that every horrible acquisition is going to "put them over the top this year." It is always the manager's fault, one player's fault, a fan's fault, a goat's fault. In their fans minds the Cubs should win every single season.

Oh and doesn't it get really annoying when every ditsy female who knows nothing about baseball loves the Cubs, but the only player they can name is still Sammy Sosa?

If the Yankees and Cubs played in the World Series you wouldn't know I was not a die-hard Yankee fan. And I hate NYY, but that's how much I hate the Cubs.

bornready
07-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh and doesn't it get really annoying when every ditsy female who knows nothing about baseball loves the Cubs, but the only player they can name is still Sammy Sosa?

YES....i know a few of those. so annoying:explode:

RiverRat13
07-02-2010, 05:48 PM
12-0 good enough for ya? :)

Vottomatic
07-02-2010, 06:18 PM

Was this a wish or prediction? :D :thumbup:

davereds24
07-04-2010, 05:31 PM
I thought you were crazy, but you got your wish! :beerme:

GIDP
07-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Was this a wish or prediction? :D :thumbup:

Seriously how many of these things listed happened. Maybe not by the guy I wanted but still :laugh:

Bruce hit a liner off the brick.

A reds player had 3 homers in a game

Lee took a called 3rd

The reds had 2 innings where they scored 9 and 8 runs.

3 of 4 games.

So happy.

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM
It's official: The REDS crushed them.

bshall2105
07-04-2010, 06:11 PM
I believe we outscored them 30 to 8 so yes it is official.

Maker_84
07-04-2010, 06:50 PM
its good we crushed them because that's what a good/ bordering on great team should do. now if we can somehow take 2/3 from the mets in NY then the Reds possibly could be talked about as the best team in the NL

ChiSox
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
THANK YOU, guys for treating them like punching bags! Cubs fans here are getting tamer and tamer...I guess 102 years will get to you.

bounty37h
07-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Ah yes, I will stick with "beat em like they are the Cubs" from now on, no matter who we play.

Fullboat
08-05-2010, 07:21 PM
This thread is from our last visit to good old Wrigley.GIDP started the thread with a rant and the Reds responded.So GIDP if you please....

Vottomatic
08-06-2010, 11:56 AM
This thread is from our last visit to good old Wrigley.GIDP started the thread with a rant and the Reds responded.So GIDP if you please....

I believe for it to work, this thread needs to be closed and GIDP needs to start another thread titled.....

I hope we not only win at least 3 of 4 against the Cubs I hope the Reds CRUSH them - Pt. 2

DirtyBaker
08-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Joey Votto doesn't sign for cubs fans

Knightro28
08-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Joey Votto doesn't sign for cubs fans

except he did. he's not classless

Vottomatic
08-08-2010, 05:50 PM
mission accomplished