PDA

View Full Version : My first game at Wrigley.....Reds win !!

BigPoppa
07-01-2010, 07:59 PM
From the 3rd base stands at Wrigley (my first game there), I thought Dusty should not have run Wood back out there for the 8th. The 2 walks he gave up in the 8th were the 2 Cubs runs. I was thinking the kid has pitched a gem, get him out now and let the bullpen start with a clean sheet.

It all worked out in the end.

Anyway, hearty congratulations to Travis Wood on his very handsome MLB debut. :beerme:

Jordan Smith threw a very nice inning. And CoCo did what CoCo does......put guys on and somehow get out of it by a clip. And how about that Jay Bruce slide to break up the double play !!!

Beautiful weather, friendly fans, good food, and a 10 inning win. :redcap:

A great day on my first trip to Wrigley. This one belongs to the Reds.

muddie
07-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Congrats to you! Sounds ike a good day.

The Voice of IH
07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
please elaborate on the friendly fan part, because I really don't want to start thinking there are such things as "good cubs Fans" ;)

BigPoppa
07-02-2010, 12:31 AM
please elaborate on the friendly fan part, because I really don't want to start thinking there are such things as "good cubs Fans" ;)

Yeah, I was surprised, too. Maybe my sample size was just too small so far :p:. Seriously, everyone we encountered today was very friendly and outgoing. We both had Reds shirts on and I was wearing a Reds visor. The few Cubs fans who mentioned it did so in good fun. A couple congratulated us after the game. A few just want the Reds to win so the Cardinals don't.

sabometrics
07-02-2010, 04:29 AM
Well you weren't in the bleachers. Guess people on the foul side of the poles have class.

Trace's Daddy
07-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Well you weren't in the bleachers. Guess people on the foul side of the poles have class.

I went to a Reds/Cubs series back in '03 at Wrigley. 3rd base and 1st base sides were fan friendly, but the bleachers were horrible full of drunken meatheads on a weekday afternoon. Coincidently it was the exact same day as when the drunken dad and son Sox fans stormed the field and went after that 1st base coach on the southside. Maybe there was something in the air in Chicago that day.

bounty37h
07-02-2010, 11:40 AM
^Yeha, its called Chicago.

Kingspoint
07-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Check one off the bucket list.

moewan
07-02-2010, 07:06 PM
i have been to wrigley five times for reds cubs and everybody was very nice and cordial. unlike my trip to the jake indians fans were obnoxious. maybe its the out of town cub fans that are the problem. by the way, when dusty took wood out of the game i noticed quite a few cubs fans standing and applauding thought that was classy