PDA

View Full Version : Votto in Home Run Derby?

davereds24
07-02-2010, 01:29 AM
I think it's safe to say Joey will be going to the ASG after his impressive past week.

Do you want to see Joey in the home run derby? If not, would you rather have him not make the team or make the team and be in the derby?

Pujols has already said he isn't participating, so Votto should be a strong contender as Dunn/Fielder/Gonzalez could all miss the team.

Rolen could also be an option but that seems unlikely to me.

webbbj
07-02-2010, 01:47 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing it. the only guys i wouldnt want to be in the HR derby is phillips, gomes or bruce as it i think they could be affected by the HR derby swing change the most.

i see the HR derby being very mediocre this year. hopefully adam dunn makes it. hard to believe he has never been in one.

sabometrics
07-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Honestly I couldn't care less. I just want to see him as the starting DH.

Boro_BG_Red
07-02-2010, 01:54 AM
It would be great to see Votto in the derby, but I personally don't see the reward it would have for Votto. It would definitely open people's eyes as to who Votto is, but the risk is higher than the reward. For selfish reasons I would love to see Votto in it, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Dunn on the other hand would be perfect for the derby, or so you would think.

davereds24
07-02-2010, 03:14 PM
i wouldnt mind seeing it. the only guys i wouldnt want to be in the HR derby is phillips, gomes or bruce as it i think they could be affected by the HR derby swing change the most.

i see the HR derby being very mediocre this year. hopefully adam dunn makes it. hard to believe he has never been in one.

I think it would affect Votto's swing more than Gomes and Bruce.