PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Tickets: How to acquire them?

Cyclone792
07-02-2010, 09:17 AM
This isn't intended as a thread/post to put the cart before the horse, because anything can happen over a half season and this could very well be a moot point (thought hopefully not) this time next month or anytime after.

However, since it has been a painfully long time since we could conceivably place "Reds" and "playoffs" in the same sentence, I figure most fans - including myself - likely do not know the various/best ways toward actually being able to acquire playoff tickets should the Reds actually make the playoffs. Finally, unlike the ticket disaster in 1995 where the Reds didn't even sell Riverfront out, I'm suspecting that playoff tickets in 2010 would likely be as popular as Opening Day tickets.

So with that, what are some options toward being able to legitimately acquire playoff tickets?

1) Rich friends and/or corporate connections: Pretty self-explanatory, but knowing the right people is always paramount to landing the best seats.

2) Season tickets: This is probably the most direct method toward guaranteeing playoff tickets. Back in 2006, the Reds allowed fans to buy a pro-rated season ticket package in late July/early August that included the season's remaining games and allowed you to have guaranteed playoff ticket options. It will be interesting to see if the Reds do this once again this season.

However, this is also extremely expensive. I was a season ticket holder in 2006 and remember receiving the playoff ticket pricing package that season. You had to purchase every potential home playoff ticket in advance, which at the time was 3 LDS games, 4 LCS games and 3 WS games (the ticket package was sent after ASB after it was known the AL would have home field advantage). I don't remember the exact pricing, but I thought the total price for one view level seat for every game was something along the lines of $800.

Additionally, there was no direct refund for any unused tickets; the Reds had a policy that your "refund" was required to put toward season tickets for the following season. I do not know if this is still the case four years later.

3) General single game ticket sales: Would these types of tickets be offered? After accounting for corporate tickets, ticket brokers and season tickets, what type of availability would be left? I could envision a jammed up online system during the day/time that these tickets would go on sale with some games selling out in a matter of minutes.

4) Secondary market: This may not be a bad alternative if you do not know the right people, don't want to pony up for every playoff game through season tickets and cannot buy single game seats. Of course, you'd likely pay well over face value for any individual game.

Those are four likely options, I'm thinking. But does anybody know about any other options/ideas not listed above?

Ghosts of 1990
07-02-2010, 09:54 AM
If we make the playoffs, I'm dipping into my savings and buying some tickets from a scalper if all my connections fail me. Some thing supercede money. Baseball is my life, and I should be there. I've been waiting a long time.

Coming up with the tickets is the least of my worries. Just get there, and I'll be there Reds.

Cedric
07-02-2010, 09:54 AM
This isn't intended as a thread/post to put the cart before the horse, because anything can happen over a half season and this could very well be a moot point (thought hopefully not) this time next month or anytime after.

However, since it has been a painfully long time since we could conceivably place "Reds" and "playoffs" in the same sentence, I figure most fans - including myself - likely do not know the various/best ways toward actually being able to acquire playoff tickets should the Reds actually make the playoffs. Finally, unlike the ticket disaster in 1995 where the Reds didn't even sell Riverfront out, I'm suspecting that playoff tickets in 2010 would likely be as popular as Opening Day tickets.

So with that, what are some options toward being able to legitimately acquire playoff tickets?

1) Rich friends and/or corporate connections: Pretty self-explanatory, but knowing the right people is always paramount to landing the best seats.

2) Season tickets: This is probably the most direct method toward guaranteeing playoff tickets. Back in 2006, the Reds allowed fans to buy a pro-rated season ticket package in late July/early August that included the season's remaining games and allowed you to have guaranteed playoff ticket options. It will be interesting to see if the Reds do this once again this season.

However, this is also extremely expensive. I was a season ticket holder in 2006 and remember receiving the playoff ticket pricing package that season. You had to purchase every potential home playoff ticket in advance, which at the time was 3 LDS games, 4 LCS games and 3 WS games (the ticket package was sent after ASB after it was known the AL would have home field advantage). I don't remember the exact pricing, but I thought the total price for one view level seat for every game was something along the lines of $800.

Additionally, there was no direct refund for any unused tickets; the Reds had a policy that your "refund" was required to put toward season tickets for the following season. I do not know if this is still the case four years later.

3) General single game ticket sales: Would these types of tickets be offered? After accounting for corporate tickets, ticket brokers and season tickets, what type of availability would be left? I could envision a jammed up online system during the day/time that these tickets would go on sale with some games selling out in a matter of minutes.

4) Secondary market: This may not be a bad alternative if you do not know the right people, don't want to pony up for every playoff game through season tickets and cannot buy single game seats. Of course, you'd likely pay well over face value for any individual game.

Those are four likely options, I'm thinking. But does anybody know about any other options/ideas not listed above?

You wouldn't have trouble getting tickets. They would sell them in two game packs and there isn't a big season ticket base this season.

We get first crack at extra tickets, but then the rest of the tickets go on sale about two or three weeks before the end of the season if you don't have season tickets.

Plenty of people don't want to pony up cash or credit unless the Reds are almost guaranteed a playoff berth. Back in 99 I bought tickets and got refunded almost instantly after the season ended.

Eric_the_Red
07-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Playoff baseball is amazing. I went to the NLDS game vs LA when the Reds rocked Nomo to win. I thought Riverfront was going to collapse after a grandslam (I think by Branson?). Of course, I was also there in the NLCS when the Braves pitchers made our offense disappear (especially Reggie Sanders).

Cedric
07-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Playoff baseball is amazing. I went to the NLDS game vs LA when the Reds rocked Nomo to win. I thought Riverfront was going to collapse after a grandslam (I think by Branson?). Of course, I was also there in the NLCS when the Braves pitchers made our offense disappear (especially Reggie Sanders).

Hometown boy Mark Lewis.

Hap
07-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Branson's playoff highlight was stealing home to tie Game 2 against Atlanta.

Cyclone792
07-02-2010, 10:05 AM
You wouldn't have trouble getting tickets. They would sell them in two game packs and there isn't a big season ticket base this season.

We get first crack at extra tickets, but then the rest of the tickets go on sale about two or three weeks before the end of the season if you don't have season tickets.

Plenty of people don't want to pony up cash or credit unless the Reds are almost guaranteed a playoff berth. Back in 99 I bought tickets and got refunded almost instantly after the season ended.

Good to hear, and two game packs would be very ideal. From what I remember in 2006, the World Series tickets were extremely expensive but the LDS and LCS tickets were priced very reasonably.

Redsfan320
07-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Whaddya think? The catch- it's non refundable so if they don't make the playoffs, you're outta luck. Still, it's not very much.

Postseason Ticket reservations (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/tickets/ticket_reservations.jsp?partnerId=160x160_2010tick etreserve_mlb062810)

And a farther explanation from Big League Stew (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Want-playoff-tickets-MLB-is-now-welcoming-all-w?urn=mlb,252857)

Reds Fanatic
07-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Back in 1995 I know they basically sold them in a set for like a whole series. So you would buy tickets for the division series which I went to that year. Then they also sold tickets to the LCS and World Series. So you basically bought your tickets for each series seperately.

Ghosts of 1990
07-02-2010, 01:25 PM
If we go to the playoffs I'll be at every home game. Never know when we might be back there.

George Anderson
07-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Never know when we might be back there.

My exact thinking in 1990.

20 years later I was right.....unfortunately.

savafan
07-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Whaddya think? The catch- it's non refundable so if they don't make the playoffs, you're outta luck. Still, it's not very much.

Postseason Ticket reservations (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/tickets/ticket_reservations.jsp?partnerId=160x160_2010tick etreserve_mlb062810)

And a farther explanation from Big League Stew (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Want-playoff-tickets-MLB-is-now-welcoming-all-w?urn=mlb,252857)

I'm intrigued!

oregonred
07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I chuckled at the thread, but it led to an interesting find on the ticket reservation system.

So if you want to roll the dice you can pony up $30 for two tickets at one of the NLCS games or $40 for the right to two guaranteed tickets for the World Series if the Reds participate. Nonrefundable so no playoffs, no games, no tickets. If the game occurs, you have the right to by tickets at face value.

I thought it was an option market, but both the Reds and Pirates are $10 for NLDS, $15 for NLCS and $20 for WS. That part makes no sense, but a $20/$30/$40 flyer can get you two tickets for the NLDS/NLCS or WS, just in case this is finally the year.

Run through MLB website so legit.

cincy09
07-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I chuckled at the thread, but it led to an interesting find on the ticket reservation system.

So if you want to roll the dice you can pony up $30 for two tickets at one of the NLCS games or $40 for the right to two guaranteed tickets for the World Series if the Reds participate. Nonrefundable so no playoffs, no games, no tickets. If the game occurs, you have the right to by tickets at face value.

I thought it was an option market, but both the Reds and Pirates are $10 for NLDS, $15 for NLCS and $20 for WS. That part makes no sense, but a $20/$30/$40 flyer can get you two tickets for the NLDS/NLCS or WS, just in case this is finally the year.

Run through MLB website so legit.

This seems like a decent deal and, this year at least, maybe worth the gamble.

LawFive
07-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Remember, there's 14,000 fewer seats available since the last time they made it...

Hap
07-03-2010, 12:28 PM
thought i would post this to help clarify.........................

from THIS LINK (http://www.ticketreserve.com/markets/sports/mlb/reds/2010-nlds?host=mlb)

The purchase price and any service charges or transaction fees associated with the purchase of Postseason Ticket Reservation(s) are NOT applied to the cost of the MLB Postseason ticket(s) made available for purchase by valid reservation holders on this website.

D-Man
08-08-2010, 05:40 PM

Just an update: all of the Reds postseason ticket options have sold out. . . The Red Sox and Reds are the only clubs with no remaining options.

Anyone think Cincinnati is starved for postseason baseball?

savafan
09-11-2010, 04:55 AM
You can now register for a drawing on reds.com in order to be selected for the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets. The registration for the Division Series has ended, but you can still register for the NLCS.

OesterPoster
09-11-2010, 08:22 AM
According to the site, the division series lottery occurred yesterday and winners will be notified via email on Monday.

Buckeye33
09-11-2010, 12:33 PM
I just bought playoff tickets since I had bought a powerpack this year. I ended up getting section 411 Row C and couldn't be happier. Those seats are WAY better than the powerpack seats we bought. I had to buy both the NLDS and NLCS.

It costs me $840 total for everything.

Griffey012
09-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I just bought playoff tickets since I had bought a powerpack this year. I ended up getting section 411 Row C and couldn't be happier. Those seats are WAY better than the powerpack seats we bought. I had to buy both the NLDS and NLCS.

It costs me $840 total for everything.

I just did the same, 411 row F. Not a bad deal at all.

dsmith421
09-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Has anyone gotten good news on the NLDS lottery?

Ghosts of 1990
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Has anyone gotten good news on the NLDS lottery?

I was wondering this as well. I thought today was the day.

Reds Fanatic
09-13-2010, 11:26 AM
I was wondering this as well. I thought today was the day.

Today is the day but so far no news. I just got a mail from the Reds ticketing but it was just an adverstisment for some upcoming dates like Fan Appreciation Day at the end of the year.

cincy09
09-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Today is the day but so far no news. I just got a mail from the Reds ticketing but it was just an adverstisment for some upcoming dates like Fan Appreciation Day at the end of the year.

Got the same email. Talk about dirty, my heart stopped when I saw message from Reds Ticketing.

Reds Freak
09-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Just an update: all of the Reds postseason ticket options have sold out. . . The Red Sox and Reds are the only clubs with no remaining options.

Anyone think Cincinnati is starved for postseason baseball?

That's wonderful news if true. Where did you see that, do you have a link?

OesterPoster
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Messages haven't gone out yet according to this Tweet:

CincinnatiReds

E-mails should be going out today or tomorrow regarding the #Reds Postseason Ticket Opportunity. Keep an eye out! 12 minutes ago via HootSuite

cincy09
09-13-2010, 02:15 PM
That's wonderful news if true. Where did you see that, do you have a link?

This was a couple of months ago.

Caveat Emperor
09-13-2010, 04:06 PM
According to the site, the division series lottery occurred yesterday and winners will be notified via email on Monday.

Notifications are out -- I just recieved my invitation to purchase NLDS tickets.

Reminds me of waiting for WH confirmations to get Dave Matthews tickets on presale. ;)

Reds Fanatic
09-13-2010, 04:10 PM
I just got my notification too. Wow this is exciting. I did not think I had a chance with everyone trying but I just got in for the NLDS.

dsmith421
09-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I was not selected, poo.

OesterPoster
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
That stinks. Got the rejection email too.

paulrichjr
09-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I got them!

hebroncougar
09-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I got rejected..........

HeatherC1212
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
I may just be having one of the worst days ever (and have had a splitting headache all day too) but I really hate lotteries with the fire of a thousand suns. I hate being rejected. :(

cincy09
09-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Rejected. I've waited too long for this, I'll get there one way or another.

GoReds33
09-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I got rejected too. I guess I will be saving my money from now till October!

Ghosts of 1990
09-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Have a question. Says you can purchase 6 tickets. Does this mean 6 to each game; or 6 total for the series?

Ghosts of 1990
09-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I didn't win the lottery either btw; but a very good friend did and earlier in the year I gave him a free ticket to the Diamond Seats, and a free ticket to the Club Seats when Strasburg threw; so he owes me. We're just wondering if he can grab 6 to each NLDS game or 6 total throughout the series (meaning 2 to each game if there is a possible 3)

redhawkfish
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Rejected!

George Anderson
09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
I didn't even get a rejection letter.

Maybe I screwed something up on the app.

BTW If someone wants to give me a couple tickets I will name my next born child after you....unless your name is Gordon of course. (see Mickey Mantle)

sivman17
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Have a question. Says you can purchase 6 tickets. Does this mean 6 to each game; or 6 total for the series?

You may purchase up to six (6) tickets to each potential game of the NLDS, on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability by game.

Griffey012
09-13-2010, 05:13 PM
I got a rejection letter also, but luckily enough I am able to purchase 2 tickets to each playoff game as a result of having the Reds power pack. My friends who are reds fans sure better appreciate me giving them the tickets at face value. I am kinda afraid to see what they go for on the open market.

dsmith421
09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm guessing the second chance drawing mentioned in the rejection e-mail is for those tickets unclaimed by the first round of winners. I think 6 tickets is way too many per winner, myself. A ton of those are going to end up scalped.

But whatever, if I'd bought a ticket package I wouldn't be in this situation. Which I will keep in mind when next season comes around.

Cedric
09-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm guessing the second chance drawing mentioned in the rejection e-mail is for those tickets unclaimed by the first round of winners. I think 6 tickets is way too many per winner, myself. A ton of those are going to end up scalped.

But whatever, if I'd bought a ticket package I wouldn't be in this situation. Which I will keep in mind when next season comes around.

I have no dog in this fight and yet I can't believe they put it at 6 per person.

Are they just asking for people to scalp 4 tickets at an extreme price?

Eric_the_Red
09-13-2010, 05:30 PM
I was rejected. If anyone purchases 6 and has extras, PLEASE let me know!!

sivman17
09-13-2010, 05:55 PM
This may be a dumb question, but if I buy them and the Reds don't make it, or if I buy them and it never reaches that game then do I get a refund? How does that work?

I assume the Reds don't just keep all that loot... I'm just checkin before I go spending some G's

Cyclone792
09-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Rejection notice here. Fortunately I did purchase two reservations to the second NLDS home game (either Game 2 or Game 4, depending on home field status).

Speaking of those reservations, it'd sure be nice if we got some news on when we could purchase those tickets. Of course, it sounds like we might get stuck with the absolute worst seats in the park after everyone else buys their seats.

Ghosts of 1990
09-13-2010, 05:59 PM
I have no dog in this fight and yet I can't believe they put it at 6 per person.

Are they just asking for people to scalp 4 tickets at an extreme price?

I don't think people will scalp that many.

I think many like my friend who won; will buy 4 to each game... giving the other two to friends. If you didn't win, like I didn't; find someone who did who owes you a favor and get your tickets that way.

Red in Chicago
09-13-2010, 06:33 PM
sigh...

LawFive
09-13-2010, 06:53 PM
bleh....I've never won Opening Day seats in however many years they've been doing that drawing, either.

Reds Fanatic
09-13-2010, 07:06 PM
This may be a dumb question, but if I buy them and the Reds don't make it, or if I buy them and it never reaches that game then do I get a refund? How does that work?

I assume the Reds don't just keep all that loot... I'm just checkin before I go spending some G's

They will be some way to get a refund for unused games. Usually there will be something with the tickets that will tell about refunds. It may be different from how they used to do it but in 1999 for example when the tickets were not used I believe they had some deal through a bank where if you returned to tickets to a certain bank you got the refund that way. It is not always a simple method but they will have some way to get refunds for unused games.

Jpup
09-13-2010, 07:09 PM
rejected. :(:(

Caseyfan21
09-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I was rejected but my good friend won and promised me two tickets out of his lot so I will be all set.....seems like he was extremely lucky.

savafan
09-13-2010, 07:57 PM
I didn't even get an e-mail...

MattyHo4Life
09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
did they give the prices?

MattyHo4Life
09-13-2010, 09:21 PM
oops double post

HeatherC1212
09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Random Comment: MattyMo-Your PM box is full! You gotta clear something out of it so I can reply back to you. I'm mentioning this here since it's the last thread you posted in. I hope you see this!! :D

Back to the thread now....:p:

Cyclone792
09-13-2010, 10:20 PM
One of my good buddies won the lottery and forwarded over his email to me so I'm good to go. Barring something stupid happening, it's looking like I just may be able to attend the first Reds playoff game in 15 years.

Griffey012
09-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Just got word my brother has a winning number and he forwarded it to me. I don't think I'll use all the tickets but I don't know how to get some of the other ones to you fine folk. I literally don't have the available funds and pretty much maxed out my low limit Reds credit card to purchase the 840$ worth of tickets from my Reds power pack.

If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Eric_the_Red
09-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Just got word my brother has a winning number and he forwarded it to me. I don't think I'll use all the tickets but I don't know how to get some of the other ones to you fine folk. I literally don't have the available funds and pretty much maxed out my low limit Reds credit card to purchase the 840$ worth of tickets from my Reds power pack.

If anyone has any ideas let me know.

If you aren't going to use them I sure will.

WVRedsFan
09-14-2010, 01:49 AM
If you aren't going to use them I sure will.Same here. If you have any extras, let me know.

Redsfaithful
09-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Yeah if anyone wants to get rid of extras feel free to PM me, I'll take them off your hands. Would be willing to buy up to 4 if someone out there only wants to use 2 of theirs.

The Operator
09-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Also would love to get my hands on some tickets if anybody has any available. PM me if that's the case. :)

Boss-Hog
09-14-2010, 09:07 AM
I got rejected, but one of my co-workers won the lottery for the Division Series, can't go and was nice enough to pass along his winning code to me. He mentioned that they were going on sale at 9 AM EST today on Reds.com on a first come, first served basis, but I do not see anywhere to buy postseason tickets on the Reds' site. Is that information correct and if so, how do you buy tickets? If it's not, when do they go on sale for those with a winning code?

Reds Fanatic
09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
I got rejected, but one of my co-workers won the lottery for the Division Series, can't go and was nice enough to pass along his winning code to me. He mentioned that they were going on sale at 9 AM EST today on Reds.com on a first come, first served basis, but I do not see anywhere to buy postseason tickets on the Reds' site. Is that information correct and if so, how do you buy tickets? If it's not, when do they go on sale for those with a winning code?

The email has a link you click to buy the tickets. It also has the password to use. I am currently trying to get in but I have been in a waiting queue for 10 minutes.

Reds Fanatic
09-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Has anyone been able to purchase tickets. This is unbelievable but you get to a point where it asks you to enter a autentication phrase and it is blank nothing is showing up so you can't order tickets.

Boss-Hog
09-14-2010, 09:18 AM
I don't have the email- just the code. Would you mind sending me the link via PM? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cyclone792
09-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I was able to buy tickets already. I entered the virtual waiting room at 8:58 this morning, and it took about 10 minutes of refreshing until I got in. Then I had to click to select my seats roughly 20 times since it kept saying there were too many order transactions occurring. Finally it went through to the phrase authentication page, and I got through that with no problems. Then the billing page came up, and I got through that with no problems.

Griffey012
09-14-2010, 09:29 AM
I was able to buy tickets already. I entered the virtual waiting room at 8:58 this morning, and it took about 10 minutes of refreshing until I got in. Then I had to click to select my seats roughly 20 times since it kept saying there were too many order transactions occurring. Finally it went through to the phrase authentication page, and I got through that with no problems. Then the billing page came up, and I got through that with no problems.

I got in about 8:56 and had the same problems but got my tickets. Where are your seats at?

Boss-Hog
09-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm currently in the waiting room- thanks again to those that sent me private messages with the link.

Redsfan320
09-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I'll join the "If anyone has extras they're giving away, I'll take 'em off your hands" group! :)

Boss-Hog
09-14-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm getting stuck on the page where you select your seating level...too many requests.

Cyclone792
09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
I got in about 8:56 and had the same problems but got my tickets. Where are your seats at?

Mezzanine and Moon Deck. I'm pretty happy with the seat selections, especially since those are the areas I typically sit in when I have to buy (and sit in) legit seats rather than going the $5 or $7 route and sitting anywhere.

Cyclone792
09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm getting stuck on the page where you select your seating level...too many requests.

Keep clicking repeatedly until you get in. I had to do it probably 20 times over and over.

Reds Fanatic
09-14-2010, 09:43 AM
I am still stuck in that same page. I must have refreshed 200 times by now and I have not seen a seat yet. At this rate it may take all day to buy seats to all 3 games.

wolfboy
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
I was finally able to get through. I had to refresh on the seating level selection page for a looooong time.

HeatherC1212
09-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks to a very generous person on this board who gave me his password and email to get tickets since he wasn't going to use it, I now have two tickets to the first home playoff game. :D It took a little while to get in there (the waiting room was pretty quick but I had to click forever to get the actual tickets) but I was able to get pretty great seats in the Mezzanine area for that first home game. I'm on a budget and could only do seats for the one game but this is EXTREMELY exciting for me. :) I wasn't at home the last time the Reds were in the playoffs or even when they were close in 1999 (I was still in college both times) so this is the first chance I've ever really had to see a playoff game. I cannot wait and so help me if the Reds screw this up, I will go down there to GABP and kick their behinds, LOL :laugh:

Boss-Hog
09-14-2010, 10:17 AM
So did I and it was made worse by having to keep trying because the first few sections I tried were all sold out by the time I got through. I was finally able to buy View Level seats for Home Game #1 and Moon Deck seats fir Home Game #3 (if necessary).

I was finally able to get through. I had to refresh on the seating level selection page for a looooong time.

Reds Fanatic
09-14-2010, 10:17 AM
I finally got through too. I was able to get view level for the first 2 games and field box for the 3rd.

Reds Freak
09-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I have to say, even though I didn't win the lottery, it is incredibly exciting to keep reading this thread about everyone trying to get playoff tickets!!!

If anyone who won has extras or would like to split the games, PM me...

camisadelgolf
09-14-2010, 10:27 AM
That stinks. Got the rejection email too.
But the good news is that they said there's a good chance they'll have another lottery.

George Anderson
09-14-2010, 10:29 AM
But the good news is that they said there's a good chance they'll have another lottery.

Why will they do this?

dsmith421
09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Why will they do this?

Because they probably assumed for the purposes of the first lottery that all season ticket holders would buy the maximum and that all persons selected through the first lottery would buy 6 tickets to every game.

When the dust settles, there are bound to be a few spares about. Hence the second chance lottery.

Crosley68
09-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I am so angry I could spit!!! After a thousand clicks I finally get in, select tickets for all 3 games........went to the pay page , enter eveything and click to pay.......it takes a minute or so and comes back saying that it times out and my tickets were gone. By the time I do the complete process again, the 1st game is down to SRO and since people coming with me are elderly and young, I had to pass. Lousy, Lousy program.

Griffey012
09-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Mezzanine and Moon Deck. I'm pretty happy with the seat selections, especially since those are the areas I typically sit in when I have to buy (and sit in) legit seats rather than going the $5 or $7 route and sitting anywhere.

I was very surprised at the overall pricing. Considering bleacher seats are normally 7$ and are now 35$, it sure makes paying 50 for moon deck or 40 for the upper level behind home plate feel like a steal. I can't wait for game 1.

HeatherC1212
09-14-2010, 11:15 AM
I was very surprised at the overall pricing. Considering bleacher seats are normally 7$ and are now 35$, it sure makes paying 50 for moon deck or 40 for the upper level behind home plate feel like a steal. I can't wait for game 1.

I thought the same thing! Why pay $40 for a View level seat when I can pay $50 and get a third row seat on the Mezzanine?! It's a big game and I'd rather sit a little closer than like row P in the upper View section while paying just a little more money. :)

Crosley68-That really sucks! I'm so sorry. I hate those ticketmaster time out things. I've had that happen to me before when I was buying skating tickets and it is beyond annoying to lose your good seats and have to do it all again. I hope you're able to get some seats somehow. :(

Homer Bailey
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM
If anyone would like to let me use their code for a weekend game, I'd be very willing to return the favor!

Eric_the_Red
09-14-2010, 11:39 AM
A co-worker won and gave me his email. I snagged section 107 (Family section) for game 1 and section 531 for game 2. Couldn't afford to get game 3. (Hopefully the Reds will have already won the series by then.)

camisadelgolf
09-14-2010, 11:41 AM
This offer is open to any of you: if you're not using all six of your tickets, I'd be very happy to buy them. I can pay cash, and I can pay promptly. I'll even buy you a beverage at the game.

Caveat Emperor
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Looks like they're all sold out. I just got back from court -- apparently nothing left but scattered singles and SRO.

Cyclone792
09-14-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm kind of curious about the playoff ticket reservations that were sold in July. I purchased two of them for the second home NLDS game, and I've heard nothing since the original email I received after purchasing the reservations.

There were no specifications prior to or after the purchase on where the seats would be located. I wonder if MLB and the Reds have a designated area already in place, or if those reservations will just be what's left now that the masses have had their pick.

Of course, it was a pretty blind $21 bet. Will be interesting to see if it's worth it or not.

Matt700wlw
09-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Looks like I got tickets to game 2 or game 4 of the NLDS, depending on how they finish!

Ghosts of 1990
09-14-2010, 03:09 PM
got two tickets to game #1 in Cincy and if there is a deciding game 5. View level for game 1 and mezzanine for the deciding game. $200

RedLegSuperStar
09-14-2010, 04:50 PM
I didn't even get an e-mail...

Nor did I

reds1869
09-14-2010, 05:06 PM
I just got a single ticket to Home Game #1. Just a single ticket but once I had the wife's full blessing I couldn't resist. I'll be sitting in 523 Row R.

redsfaninbsg
09-14-2010, 05:17 PM
A friend of mine has a partial plan and didn't want his playoff tickets. So, I got the password and despite the fact I'm in grad school live five hours away I bought two tickets to every game. Needless to say, I can't afford it or have the ability to attend every game. I just couldn't resist, I put them on a credit card and am planning on selling all but one game in effort to pay for my trip to Cincinnati.

Cedric
09-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Oh you are one of "those" guys!

:)

Caseyfan21
09-14-2010, 06:44 PM
My friend got us tickets in the view level for game 2 so I'm pretty excited. He is gonna fly in from Houston for the game while I'll be driving in from Chicago for it. Will be a lot of travel for both of us but definitely worth it for the first chance I'll have to see the Reds in the playoffs.

WVRed
09-14-2010, 07:28 PM

Price gouging at its finest.

MattyHo4Life
09-14-2010, 07:49 PM

I'm shocked that there are $7 tickets for the regular season games. :eek:

WVRed
09-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm shocked that there are $7 tickets for the regular season games. :eek:

Pittsburgh is by far the most inexpensive.

Then again, I checked and St Louis is $19. Of course, people will pay it at Busch Stadium.

MattyHo4Life
09-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Then again, I checked and St Louis is $19. Of course, people will pay it at Busch Stadium.

Tell me about it. It's nearly impossible to get a good seat or even a seat at all at some games. Even though the tickets are priced much higher.

WebScorpion
09-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Price gouging at its finest.
Hopefully, those prices will pay for a new Left Fielder for 2011! :thumbup:

VR
09-15-2010, 12:59 AM
I've got guaranteed tickets.

If the Reds play in SD.

Small chance of that happening....but hey....I'm suddenly a Pads fan.

fearofpopvol1
09-15-2010, 01:06 AM
I know there are a zillion requests already, but if someone has extras tickets or even a code for the next round they won't be using, by all means, PM me.

I didn't get an email sadly.

Btw, tickets are already up on stubhub...and honestly...the prices for the first round aren't that bad. More than face value of course, but not too outrageous.

camisadelgolf
09-15-2010, 09:45 AM
The last I saw, it was $74 for a bleacher seat from stubhub. I might just go downtown and hope I get lucky with a non-scalper.

Cyclone792
09-22-2010, 08:50 AM
For anybody who purchased NLDS tickets and selected the standard mail option in order to receive an actual ticket, have you received your tickets yet?

I know for typical regular season tickets purchased on reds.com they usually arrive about 7-10 days after purchase. If the same is true for NLDS tickets, then we may be expecting a nice treat in the mailbox this week.

OesterPoster
09-22-2010, 09:12 AM
I know there are a zillion requests already, but if someone has extras tickets or even a code for the next round they won't be using, by all means, PM me.

I didn't get an email sadly.

Btw, tickets are already up on stubhub...and honestly...the prices for the first round aren't that bad. More than face value of course, but not too outrageous.

Yeah, I've been looking around all the sections too...and $75 for view level 522 doesn't seem too bad. There are a ton available in that area. But if I'm spending $75 to be that high up, might as well get something in the field boxes for about $30 more.

paulrichjr
09-22-2010, 07:02 PM
I am not sure how to go about this and I know there has to be some disclosures from Redszone's point of view but I know I will have 3 extra tickets sitting in Section 107 for the first game. I don't want to do Stubhub unless no one on here wants them. Price is exactly what I paid for them from the Reds plus the convenience fee that the Reds charge. If you are interested PM me. I will get back to you late tonight or tomorrow.
(If we don't get in I would of course refund your money)

OesterPoster
09-23-2010, 09:46 PM
What gives? I'm on the Reds site right now, and they've got tickets for sale. I've been clicking around different sections.

Reds Freak
09-23-2010, 10:06 PM
What gives? I'm on the Reds site right now, and they've got tickets for sale. I've been clicking around different sections.

I know MLB has some sort of connection with StubHub, so my first thought is that you are seeing the tickets that are on StubHub? Otherwise, I have no idea...

OesterPoster
09-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm assuming they've been released after being held for some reason. It took me several attempts for game 2 before I finally got seats which weren't considered "wheelchair + wheelchair companion".

Here's the link:
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/postseason.jsp

reds1869
09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
For anybody who purchased NLDS tickets and selected the standard mail option in order to receive an actual ticket, have you received your tickets yet?

I know for typical regular season tickets purchased on reds.com they usually arrive about 7-10 days after purchase. If the same is true for NLDS tickets, then we may be expecting a nice treat in the mailbox this week.

I haven't received mine yet. It shouldn't be long now.

redsfaninbsg
09-23-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm assuming they've been released after being held for some reason. It took me several attempts for game 2 before I finally got seats which weren't considered "wheelchair + wheelchair companion".

Here's the link:
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/postseason.jsp

What exactly are the wheelchair and wheelchair companion seats?

Cedric
09-23-2010, 11:13 PM
I am not sure how to go about this and I know there has to be some disclosures from Redszone's point of view but I know I will have 3 extra tickets sitting in Section 107 for the first game. I don't want to do Stubhub unless no one on here wants them. Price is exactly what I paid for them from the Reds plus the convenience fee that the Reds charge. If you are interested PM me. I will get back to you late tonight or tomorrow.
(If we don't get in I would of course refund your money)

Sent pm.

Degenerate39
09-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Is the Division series sold out?

09-24-2010, 02:45 AM
I just bought 4 tickets for game 2 on the Division series on Reds.com ticketing. I wanted game 1, but I could only get one ticket. I settles for game 2. Hope that game occurs. Not sure when I'll surprise my family. Think I'll make them wait.

In one of the NLCS games against Atlanta in 1995, I walked up to the Riverfront ticket window and got 2 green seats the morning of the game. Wasn't even any kind of a line.

Reds Freak
09-24-2010, 08:26 AM
I just bought 4 tickets for game 2 on the Division series on Reds.com ticketing. I wanted game 1, but I could only get one ticket. I settles for game 2. Hope that game occurs. Not sure when I'll surprise my family. Think I'll make them wait.

In one of the NLCS games against Atlanta in 1995, I walked up to the Riverfront ticket window and got 2 green seats the morning of the game. Wasn't even any kind of a line.

I've worked in a few different ticket offices and I'll let you in on a little secret. The best tickets to be had for a big game or a concert or something usually come the day of or right before the show. Tickets are held back for a variety of different reasons (sponsors, family of the band or players) and when they are not used they go on sale to the public. But everyone thinks the game/show is sold out so no one bothers trying to get tickets at the ticket office. It is very rare that something is actually sold out...

OesterPoster
09-24-2010, 09:36 AM
What exactly are the wheelchair and wheelchair companion seats?

There are various wheelchair accessible seats around the park, for instance, one entire row behind the infield box seats...section 118. There are folding chairs for the wheelchair companion, but I don't know if they'd provide another chair if you bought the "wheelchair" ticket.

dsmith421
09-24-2010, 09:50 AM
I just purchased a single ticket in section 130 for Game 1 today. If you don't mind sitting by yourself, or just using the ticket to get in and standing somewhere, they are still available.

redhawkfish
09-24-2010, 10:05 AM
I just got two for game two in wheelchair seats in section 417. I had these kind for a power pack one year. they have a regular seat and then a space for a wheelchair. If they are sold to people not in wheelchairs(like opening day or playoffs) they do have chairs available. The best thing about them is there is plenty of room for people to get in and out

Cyclone792
09-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Heard on the radio this morning on my way in to work that some people are apparently having problems with having their tickets stolen in the mail. Whether it's the post office, someone reaching in to mailboxes, or whatever, it's apparently happening to a few folks.

I wish we had an idea when the Reds would be mailing the tickets out. The primary reason I wanted actual tickets - rather than a print-at-home variety - is to keep the ticket itself. With any luck maybe they'll arrive today or tomorrow.

camisadelgolf
09-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Why does it cost more to print them at home? That makes no sense to me. I requested mine through the mail, but that was only because I wanted something as a keepsake.

reds1869
09-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Heard on the radio this morning on my way in to work that some people are apparently having problems with having their tickets stolen in the mail. Whether it's the post office, someone reaching in to mailboxes, or whatever, it's apparently happening to a few folks.

I wish we had an idea when the Reds would be mailing the tickets out. The primary reason I wanted actual tickets - rather than a print-at-home variety - is to keep the ticket itself. With any luck maybe they'll arrive today or tomorrow.

I have a similar problem with Netflix. In the past month I've had three discs go missing in the mail. Hopefully our tickets show up unmolested!

Boss-Hog
09-24-2010, 12:01 PM
I have not received mine yet, either.

fearofpopvol1
09-24-2010, 12:58 PM
I just got two for game two in wheelchair seats in section 417. I had these kind for a power pack one year. they have a regular seat and then a space for a wheelchair. If they are sold to people not in wheelchairs(like opening day or playoffs) they do have chairs available. The best thing about them is there is plenty of room for people to get in and out

Are you disabled?

The Operator
09-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Is will-call not an option for the postseason?

Reds Fanatic
09-24-2010, 01:08 PM
I have not received mine either. I was wondering when they were going to mail them out.

redhawkfish
09-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Are you disabled?

No. They were just assigned to me when I purchased today.

reds1869
09-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Is will-call not an option for the postseason?

Nope. Really frustrating for me as I live a five minute walk from the stadium. I would have loved to have picked them up there. Instead I have to wait for the USPS to possibly deliver them.

Cyclone792
09-24-2010, 04:33 PM
My tickets arrived today!

I(heart)Freel
09-24-2010, 04:38 PM
So this thread and my curiosity sent me to that link.

Sure enough... I just bought two tickets in Mezzanine to Game Two of Divisional Series. For face. No stub hub. No buying for the right to buy.

I literally just bought two decent tickets.

Looks like you can't find two in Moon Deck and some spots like that. But tickets ARE there for the taking right now.

Thanks for sharing that tip earlier. Figured if we're fans enough to post on a message board, we should be the ones gobbling up the seats.

Benihana
09-24-2010, 04:39 PM
We still do not know if "Game 1 Tickets" will be for the game in Cincy on Wednesday or Sunday, correct?

HeatherC1212
09-24-2010, 04:43 PM
We still do not know if "Game 1 Tickets" will be for the game in Cincy on Wednesday or Sunday, correct?

We won't know that until the end of the season or until teams start locking up home field advantage which could happen a little earlier than that. I'm glad tickets are becoming avaiable for others to buy now! Hopefully the folks who missed out on the lottery can get some tickets. :beerme:

Eric_the_Red
09-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Got my tickets in the mail today!! :D

Reds Fanatic
09-24-2010, 06:46 PM

More than likely we won't know until the very end of the year. Right now the Giants and Reds have the exact same record and are tied for the 2nd best record in the NL. Which ever division winners have the 1st and 2nd best records will have home field advantage for the division series and will start at home either Wednesday or Thursday. If the Reds don't get home field advantage the home games would be game 3 on Sunday and game 4 on Monday.

GAC
09-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Purchased two tix yesterday for game #2 at GABP off of Reds.com. Section 416, row B, seats 1 and 2. I went ahead and printed mine out. Cost $2/ticket, but I figured that way I have them in hand.

Thanks for the heads up redhawkfish! :thumbup:

missionhockey21
09-25-2010, 09:56 AM
I'll second that. Big thanks for the heads up... I got my tickets for game 1 and I'm totally ecstatic.

Reds Fanatic
09-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Checked my mail and still no tickets today. I anyone else still waiting for the tickets that are supposed to be delivered by mail.

Redsfaithful
09-25-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm waiting, bought two Diamond seats for game 1 on Thursday (got a second chance opportunity from the lottery), but I figure it'll be a little while. I thought about printing them out, but I'd like to have real tickets as keepsakes.

reds1869
09-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Checked my mail and still no tickets today. I anyone else still waiting for the tickets that are supposed to be delivered by mail.

I'm still waiting, too. I won't worry too much until the middle of next week.

cincy09
09-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Do the actual tickets look "extra special" or are they like regular season tickets?

Boss-Hog
09-26-2010, 04:58 PM
I purchased tickets for Game 1 and Game 3 and have received the tickets for Game 3, but not Game 1. Has anyone else had this issue? I wouldn't think it makes sense to ship them separately, but hopefully, that's the case.

redsfaninbsg
09-26-2010, 06:02 PM
I purchased tickets for Game 1 and Game 3 and have received the tickets for Game 3, but not Game 1. Has anyone else had this issue? I wouldn't think it makes sense to ship them separately, but hopefully, that's the case.

All of mine came together.

fearofpopvol1
09-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Just got an email from the Reds with password to purchase tickets for the NLCS beginning tomorrow at 9AM. Anyone else?

Pretty excited about it (if the Reds make it there)!

sivman17
09-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Just got an email from the Reds with password to purchase tickets for the NLCS beginning tomorrow at 9AM. Anyone else?

Pretty excited about it (if the Reds make it there)!

Me too!
:beerme:

Tommyjohn25
09-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Still haven't recieved any of mine either. Boss, that sounds odd. May want to make a phone call.

Reds Fanatic
09-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Just got my NLDS tickets in the mail today. Boss I would definitely check because I got all 3 of my games together. Unless you placed them on seperate orders they should have come together.

I also got my NLCS mail so far I missed on those but they are going to have another 2nd chance drawing later this week for those after seeing how many they sell.

The Operator
09-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Looks like I'll have a chance to buy NLCS tickets. Cool!

Now, Reds - Make the NLCS, K? Thanks.

Redsfaithful
09-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Got my tickets today, took 5 days.

Boss-Hog
09-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Still haven't recieved any of mine either. Boss, that sounds odd. May want to make a phone call.
I was actually thinking the same thing and decided to give them a call last night. For whatever reason, my Game 1 tickets were shipped separately and later than my Game 3 tickets. The person I spoke with said the Game 1 tickets were shipped last Friday and come from CA, so I imagine I should have them tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Maybe it's just me, but it still seems strange that they would ship the tickets separately when I purchased them at the same time. Oh well, as long as they come. :)

Thanks for everyone's help.

Eric_the_Red
09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
We should have a Redszone meet up at the playoffs. Or maybe meet at a sports bar during the away games.

fearofpopvol1
09-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Thanks to an awesome friend, I have an extra link/code for the NLCS on-sale today (Tuesday) at 9AM EST to give away to a RZ Reds fan who PM's me. Please note...you must PM me in the next 30 minutes! I will not be online anytime after leading up to the presale.

OldRightHander
09-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Well, I got selected for the NLCS sale today. I'm going to snag something for one of the games and then hope for a good first round so I can attend.

Ghosts of 1990
09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I got selected for the NLCS ticket sale as well. Gonna buy 2 in moon deck, although with the way things are going for the club I doubt we sniff the NLCS. You never know.

OldRightHander
09-28-2010, 09:00 AM
The dreaded virtual waiting room. I miss the days when you could line up in person.

camisadelgolf
09-28-2010, 09:03 AM
I got rejected for the NLCS. If anyone has some extra tickets, I'll gladly buy the two best available tickets that are priced at no more than $70 each.

Ghosts of 1990
09-28-2010, 09:05 AM
I got rejected for the NLCS. If anyone has some extra tickets, I'll gladly buy the two best available tickets that are priced at no more than $70 each.

good luck

Ghosts of 1990
09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
The dreaded virtual waiting room. I miss the days when you could line up in person.

whats up with this virtual waiting room?

Like, I'm at work and cant sit and stare at this all day... have you seen this process before?

The Operator
09-28-2010, 09:10 AM
I got out of the waiting room, then it won't let me actually fulfill the order.

Seriously? Can't have some extra servers online for something like this?

dsmith421
09-28-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm logged in and getting all manner of error messages -- transaction volume too high. Seems like they should have thought of that.

Ghosts of 1990
09-28-2010, 09:12 AM
I got out of the waiting room, then it won't let me actually fulfill the order.

Seriously? Can't have some extra servers online for something like this?

Same here. Won't process my order. Someone needs to tap these guys on the shoulder and let them know we're not even going to the NLCS

The Operator
09-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Why even let people out of the virtual waiting room if you're just going to deny the transaction because of high traffic volume?

So, so stupid.

_Sir_Charles_
09-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Before you all start ranting and raving about having to wait for playoff tickets and getting error messages....think about that for a bit. You're waiting...FOR PLAYOFF TICKETS! Just keepin' things in perspective folks. :O)

The Operator
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Before you all start ranting and raving about having to wait for playoff tickets and getting error messages....think about that for a bit. You're waiting...FOR PLAYOFF TICKETS! Just keepin' things in perspective folks. :O)I'll appreciate you to leave your facts and logic at the door. :cool:

OldRightHander
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm out of the waiting room and getting the high transaction volume message as well.

OldRightHander
09-28-2010, 09:24 AM
In '90 and '95 I just walked up to the stadium and bought them. I miss that sometimes.

OldRightHander
09-28-2010, 09:27 AM
I've gotten the captcha a couple times but it only kicked me back to the ticketing screen.

_Sir_Charles_
09-28-2010, 09:27 AM
I'll appreciate you to leave your facts and logic at the door. :cool:

No problem. I'd appreciate it if you'd leave your tickets in my in box. :cool:

For the record....I'm jealous as hell. :beerme:

The Operator
09-28-2010, 09:28 AM
No problem. I'd appreciate it if you'd leave your tickets in my in box. :cool:

For the record....I'm jealous as hell. :beerme:Maybe The Reds will play The Rangers in The World Series... you might have to give an extra lung up to get tickets, but you'd be able to see it!

_Sir_Charles_
09-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Maybe The Reds will play The Rangers in The World Series... you might have to give an extra lung up to get tickets, but you'd be able to see it!

Good point. Didn't think of that. I wonder if my wife will mind if I spend our daughter's college fund? *ponders* :D

dsmith421
09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
It eventually worked. Hide the credit card receipt.

Ghosts of 1990
09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Finally got through, best bet is not to keep pressing 'buy now' or whatever the button says, just hit it once and let the thing process, otherwise it will reset your screen. Two tickets in moondeck to NLCS game 1 if it exists.

OldRightHander
09-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Got them. View level behind home plate.:jump:

bigredmachine1976
09-28-2010, 09:34 AM
how many were you able to get? Where?

OesterPoster
09-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Virtual waiting room now for 34 minutes. Ugh.

The Operator
09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Finally got 6 view level for Home Game 1. Wooo!!! :D

OldRightHander
09-28-2010, 09:36 AM
how many were you able to get? Where?

I just got 2 for myself and a friend. If I wasn't a bit short of available funds, I would have gotten more and sold them here. I'm in the upper deck behind home plate.

camisadelgolf
09-28-2010, 09:37 AM
At least you all have waiting rooms to wait in. Metaphorically speaking, they're not even letting me in the building. :(

The Operator
09-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Good point. Didn't think of that. I wonder if my wife will mind if I spend our daughter's college fund? *ponders* :DHave her start writing scholarship essays, pronto. :thumbup:

_Sir_Charles_
09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Have her start writing scholarship essays, pronto. :thumbup:

Or practice her burger-flipping technique. LOL.

Chip R
09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
We should have a Redszone meet up at the playoffs. Or maybe meet at a sports bar during the away games.

Kitty and I talked about that a bit during Labor Day weekend. I'm sure we'll do something if we can.

OesterPoster
09-28-2010, 10:04 AM
What a joke of a system. Clicked on the ticket selection window and kept getting denied due to high volume. Then I get completely booted out of it, and I'm back to the virtual waiting room.

sivman17
09-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Do you have to buy the "ticket insurance" to make sure you get a refund if the Reds don't make it to the game you bought tickets for?

Reds Fanatic
09-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Do you have to buy the "ticket insurance" to make sure you get a refund if the Reds don't make it to the game you bought tickets for?

No they will refund your card automatically if the Reds don't play all the games. You don't need the insurance for that.

LawFive
09-28-2010, 11:38 AM
No they will refund your card automatically if the Reds don't play all the games. You don't need the insurance for that.

Is this confirmed?? I can't find their policy anywhere. I don't mind putting down some $, but I don't want to be forced to use the funds from unused games for a season package next year or anything like that.

Reds Fanatic
09-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Is this confirmed?? I can't find their policy anywhere. I don't mind putting down some $, but I don't want to be forced to use the funds from unused games for a season package next year or anything like that.

Yes this is from the mail I got on tickets purchased today and I got a similar note with division series tickets. They only thing they won't refund is any order processing fees or shipping and handling but other than that you should get an automatic refund

CINCINNATI REDS POSTSEASON REFUND/CREDIT INSTRUCTIONS FOR UNPLAYED GAMES
Credit card ticket purchases indicated by the word "CREDIT" printed on the front lower left corner of the ticket purchased thru the Internet (Reds.Com or MLB.Com), Phone orders through Tickets.Com, Great American Ball Park ticket windows or Reds administrative office, will be automatically refunded. The credit card account holder of record will be credited for the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience fee for any unplayed games. Per order processing/shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. The actual tickets SHOULD NOT be returned for credit and will have no cash value. The Reds will not refund any tickets obtained from a secondary sale of the original purchased tickets.

sivman17
09-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't want to be forced to use the funds from unused games for a season package next year or anything like that.

Unless they gave us first access to Opening Day tickets or to the Yankees series. I'd be okay with that. :D

HeatherC1212
09-28-2010, 11:57 AM

When they send your confirmation email, it says on there that the amount will be refunded if the game you purchased tickets for doesn't get played for whatever reason.

I didn't get picked for the NLCS (lotteries really hate me for some reason, LOL) but I'm hopeful to get picked for the second round drawing or that extra tickets randomly go on sale again like they did recently for the NLDS. :)

Boss-Hog
09-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Just to follow up, I received my remaining tickets to the NLDS yesterday. :)

Jpup
10-04-2010, 04:34 PM
I need just 1 ticket to the Sunday 10/10 game in Cincinnati. We can't get a sitter and my wife tells me to go by myself. I had a Club Home ticket for face $135 but I waited around and they sold out before I could get my vacation day approved. Anyone know where I could get a similar ticket for under 200?

I(heart)Freel
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I need just 1 ticket to the Sunday 10/10 game in Cincinnati. We can't get a sitter and my wife tells me to go by myself. I had a Club Home ticket for face $135 but I waited around and they sold out before I could get my vacation day approved. Anyone know where I could get a similar ticket for under 200?

Stub Hub seems the best route. Find one of the sellers who allow you to print at home and you won't have to work out the pickup/dropoff logistics.

Jpup
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Stub Hub seems the best route. Find one of the sellers who allow you to print at home and you won't have to work out the pickup/dropoff logistics.

Looks to be too high. I can't see paying 3 or 4 hundred for a ticket to one game. Just not practical.

edabbs44
10-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Looks to be too high. I can't see paying 3 or 4 hundred for a ticket to one game. Just not practical.

Whoops. Didn't spend exactly that much, but did drop close for Game 1 field seats. Had to do it, wanted to go to Cincy but didn't want to have the wife kill me.

OnBaseMachine
10-04-2010, 10:25 PM
I got two tickets off Ebay for $160 in the upper deck.