PDA

View Full Version : It's a two team race

brm7675
07-02-2010, 06:21 PM
After watching the past two days and such, I think everyone can put to bed the talk of the Cubs getting back into the race. I really think we are looking at a 2 team race from here on out and Reds fans rooting for both the Reds and whomever the Cards are playing. However, it's not out of the question of both teams making the playoffs.

Vottomatic
07-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Cubs 11.5 games back.

If I'm ownership, I fire Lou, and dismantle the team. Ramirez hasn't yet hit the mendoza line. Lee is pitiful.

Reminds me of the bad contracts Houston committed to.

BurgervilleBuck
07-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Cubs 11.5 games back.

If I'm ownership, I fire Lou, and dismantle the team. Ramirez hasn't yet hit the mendoza line. Lee is pitiful.
I can see Lou getting fired but who is going to take on all of the $$$ in Lee, Ramirez, et al?

brm7675
07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
how is it Lou's fault that previous mang't signed players whose careers have fallen off the table.

defender
07-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I hope it remains a 3 team race (the 3rd team being MIL), until Monday.

Magdal
07-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I hope it remains a 3 team race (the 3rd team being MIL), until Monday.LOL....yes, the Brews are hanging in there. I think they are 8 of the last 11.

Kingspoint
07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
I want the best record in the National League.

That's an 8-team race.

BurgervilleBuck
07-02-2010, 11:06 PM
how is it Lou's fault that previous mang't signed players whose careers have fallen off the table.
It's the same in all sports, managers and coaches are hired to be fired. I didn't say he deserved to be fired, just that I could see him getting fired.

Magdal
07-03-2010, 01:08 AM
It's the same in all sports, managers and coaches are hired to be fired. I didn't say he deserved to be fired, just that I could see him getting fired.But I think he DOES deserve to be fired...last year when there were lots of games on WGN I would see him send slumping players out there day after day to fail, and scramble the lineups ala' LaRussa....and the guy seems to fall asleep in the dugout like Casey stengle.

He has not shown the Pinella fire for 2 years, and that was his forte'.....I think he is just a tired old man picking up a paycheck. I would be AMAZED if he is not fired in the next few weeks.

ian_madden
07-03-2010, 02:58 AM
I hope it remains a 3 team race (the 3rd team being MIL), until Monday.

GO BREWERS! :beerme: never thought I would say that. If they can just close the gap between 2nd and 3rd.

Vottomatic
07-03-2010, 03:54 AM
But I think he DOES deserve to be fired...last year when there were lots of games on WGN I would see him send slumping players out there day after day to fail, and scramble the lineups ala' LaRussa....and the guy seems to fall asleep in the dugout like Casey stengle.

He has not shown the Pinella fire for 2 years, and that was his forte'.....I think he is just a tired old man picking up a paycheck. I would be AMAZED if he is not fired in the next few weeks.

I agree. Lou seems like he's packed it in to me.

I like Lou, but he's looking old and like he doesn't care that much.

I don't really blame the Cubs woes on him though. Who could have predicted the lack of offense and that Ramirez would be pitiful and Lee not much better? Just no punch in the heart of that order.

Lou probably feels helpless. He's stuck with high salaried players who aren't producing. Not much he can do to change things up.

I'd call it a no-win situation for him.