PDA

View Full Version : SOOOOooo, decided last minute to fly to Chicago to catch the July 4th game - Lineup?!

BLEEDS
07-03-2010, 12:59 AM
So, I'll get to see Leake pitch, hope I'm not getting the gassed-out version.

Lilly always junk-balls us to death, and I'm afraid of what lineup Dusty's going to run out there on Sunday get-away day, especially if Cueto mows them down tomorrow.

I'm sure BP, Votto, Bruce, Stubbs and Gomes will be in there for sure, but will I get one or more of Cairo at 3B, Janish at SS and Corky Miller at C?!?!

Ah well, I could really care less, I'll be in the Bleacher Box seats, enjoying multiple $7 beers, the sun, and a gorgeous blond, so I'll be happy either way.

AND, there's always four weeks from now when we go to Wrigley again, I think I'll take the whole series in then!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

webbbj
07-03-2010, 02:22 AM
well dusty usually rests rolen on a day game after a night game but since its all day games i see him playing. also he may wanna push his guys a little harder going into the all star game to make sure theres no let down.

BLEEDS
07-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I must say, I was a BIT nervous when Votto was ejected in the 1st.

BUT, as it turned out, we were okay.;)

GREAT day to be a Reds Fan in Wrigley!
Lots of support from the other fans though, most admirable. My experience has been that most Cubs fans aren't very knowledgeable, especially the ones in the bleachers.

Leake looked AWESOME in person. Nothing really hit hard - including the two HR's given up to Colvin.
REVERSE day as Janish and Corky go deep, and Ramon gets a TRIPLE !?! Stubbs was a maniac on both sides of the ball. That OF with Bruce and Stubbs is great, no matter who you put in there and Gomes looked decent and showed a good arm (even though nothing was really "in play").
Team looks poised for the long haul.

Get us a reliever, and if you make a trade with Alonso and/or Harang for Lee, we are poised for Big Time.
Let's see what the trade deadline brings!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Redeye fly
07-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure we even need to get a reliever. I mean I would take 1, because I still don't really trust Masset and to a lesser extent Cordero. But if, IF those two guys can get their stuff together, we've got a pretty good bullpen. I know they're young, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from Ondrusek now and from Jordan Smith. Even with yesterday, there was only one ball hit all that sharply off of Smith, and that was Soto's double, or single (whatever it was) Soriano's was a little bloop that no one could get to. Both he and Ondrusek have some nasty stuff. Add in Bray and perhaps Chapman later, and we've got some guys in that pen with filthy stuff. Obviously they still have to get the results, but the ability is there.

Kingspoint
07-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Talk about a game. I wasn't even thinking about going to a game today, but after seeing that one, I headed to a minor league park Sunday Evening to catch some baseball.

Griffey012
07-06-2010, 04:37 PM
The 4th was my first Wrigley experience and it was probably the most fun I have ever had at a baseball game. A friend of mine and myself lucked into getting to 100 dollar tickets for 50$ a piece and sat 10 rows behind home plate. I was decked out in my Jay Bruce jersey and literally the only Reds fan around, but I actually sat and talked baseball with the surrounding Cubs fans and they were all very nice, knowledgeable, and had nothing but nice things to say about the Reds.

They also just laughed all 7 times I was standing up to pump my fist after each of the Reds home runs.

Then my buddies took me to a bar called "Sluggers" after the game, turns out this place has a full blown batting cage on the 2nd level. Throwing back a few old style's (fairly gross) and hitting in batting cages after a 14-3 Reds victory on the 4th of July was just plain awesome. Even with the AAA lineup out there.