PDA

View Full Version : Chris Carpenter

arkimadee
07-03-2010, 08:43 PM
It's interesting to see Chris Carpenter have the start he had against the Brew Crew. If something is wrong with him and he has to go to the DL, I would say that the divsion is ours for the taking. Just a thought.

OldRed1966
07-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I was watching that game, and he didn't look good at all. He was pitching like a man with an injured arm.

Reds
07-03-2010, 10:01 PM
ST. LOUIS -- A day after successfully throwing a bullpen session, Chris Carpenter has formally been cleared to make his next scheduled start for the Cardinals, on Saturday at home against Milwaukee.

In the first inning of his last start, Carpenter was struck in the right forearm by a line drive. He remained in the game, but continued to feel discomfort in the ensuing days. However, he threw on Wednesday and it went well. On Thursday, the Cards confirmed that Carpenter will make his next start, as scheduled.

- mlb.com

The start didn't go well though

Maker_84
07-03-2010, 10:05 PM
bout time the cards had some injury problems, i'd say we've had our share already with bailey and volquez

davereds24
07-03-2010, 10:12 PM
bout time the cards had some injury problems, i'd say we've had our share already with bailey and volquez

The Cards have had more injuries than the Reds.

I wonder if they will shut him down until after the break even if there isn't an injury.

Reds
07-03-2010, 10:42 PM

:drink:

Magdal
07-04-2010, 12:19 AM

I wonder if they will shut him down until after the break even if there isn't an injury.They might...they DO have Aaron Miles to pick up the slack.:cool:

ian_madden
07-04-2010, 03:41 AM
:jump::drink:
:drink:

I have the next round!!!!!!!

Maker_84
07-04-2010, 10:18 AM

I wonder if they will shut him down until after the break even if there isn't an injury.

i'm not so sure about that, who has been injured that is truly a big cog on their team? remember we also still have our best catcher out as well and had votto out a little while as well earlier this season

texasdave
07-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I heard the baseballs were slick.

Magdal
07-04-2010, 10:55 AM
i'm not so sure about that, who has been injured that is truly a big cog on their team? remember we also still have our best catcher out as well and had votto out a little while as well earlier this seasonYou got me curious Maker, so I looked it up....Penny was 3 and 4 as the #4 starter with a 3.23 ERA before he went down.

Pretty obvious he got little run support since they score over 5 a game....Lohse was 1 and 4 but admitted that he was hurt the whole time. The replacement starters, Suppan, Hawksworth and Ottavino have combined for 2 wins and 11 losses with a 7.05 ERA.

Rasmus and Ludwick have missed a few games to minor injuries, and now Ludwick and Freeze are both on the DL....Carpenter is day to day.

Caveman Techie
07-04-2010, 10:56 AM
i'm not so sure about that, who has been injured that is truly a big cog on their team? remember we also still have our best catcher out as well and had votto out a little while as well earlier this season

How about, Lohse, Penny, Ludwick. and thats just off the top of my head. I know they have more than that on the DL.

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Cards officially have Freese, Ludwick, Lohse, and Penny on the DL.

Reds officially have Bailey, Dickerson, Hanigan, Lincoln, and Volquez on the DL.